Still have a lot to learn about computers

Please be gentle.

Can anyone look at pic related and tell me if any of these processes are redundant? Or is everything here more or less fine and dandy?

Other urls found in this thread:

blackviper.com/service-configurations/black-vipers-windows-10-service-configurations/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Windows
>t. Pajeet
Houston we have a problem.

Also, whenever I open Google Chrome, THIS happens. Is this normal and I just haven't noticed before?

I ran spybot, cc cleaner and avast today and I can't figure this out.

Is this a bait?

I don't understand.

I'm new to this and I'm not a great student due to a head injury...

Ugh, no. I'm literally new to figuring this stuff out. Just wondering if everything that IS running here is more or less necessary. I mostly run games on Steam on my PC. I'm not doing any rendering or editing and whatnot.

yes

Damn, OP here, totally forgot to specify I'm running a crack of windows 7. That might be relevant.

Remove avast, adware infested garbage

So ONE window of google chrome requires 12 seperate processes, and roughly 250k of memory? I guess that's not SO bad considering I have 8gb ram...still seems weird to me.

>head injury
feels like b8 but i want to know where this is going
you do not need peerblock (it's worse than placebo) or more than 1 of AVG, Avast, Spybot.
chrome (or any modern browser) opening many processes is normal. firefox might use less total memory if it's becoming an issue.

done. what do you use?

common sense is the best protection, I don't use antivirus. when I did use AV, I used Bitdefender/Kaspersky + Malwarebytes.

Honestly not bait, I appreciate any and all feedback here. I'm sick of my friend who is very computer literate asking me 'Where did you get your computer license" whenever I get something wrong or misunderstand something.

I've been taking some time to explore shit on windows that I haven't even looked at before, and while I could google all of this, I've been using Sup Forums for 10+ years off and on and RARELY post on Sup Forums.

I guess I also felt like saying hello and getting some actual opinions from real people.

Well I use Peerblock for Utorrent. I live in Canada so I'm not too worried about getting caught, a friend suggested I use it to cover my tracks just in case.

Is there a better program I could be utilizing with UTorrent?

If you want to be safe, get a vpn like private internet access. There are free vpns but most of them have like max 500mb a month or something like that.

I'll research this, thank you!

This was b8 right

sounds to me like you have a shit friend.
What are you trying to achieve?
Lightweight
>Disable superfetch
>Disable updates
>disable hardware acceleration
>ublock origin
>anti adblock killer list
>greasemonkey
>anti adlbock killer script
>https everywhere.

optimize your services

blackviper.com/service-configurations/black-vipers-windows-10-service-configurations/

I'd recommend qbittorrent since uTorrent has gone way downhill. qbittorrent even has the same search feature that browses multiple websites looking for your shit.

I am trying to make it so no unecessary programs are running in the background. I mostly use this PC for gaming, downloading media and general internetting.

What is superfetch?
what do you mean by anti adblock killer list?
htpps everywhere?

Could you please elaborate for me?

I'm running Windows 7.

You can google each process. I think newer versions of windows even have that functionality built into the right click menu

Cool, I'll have a look at that, thanks.

Do you run any programs, like Peerblock for instance, whilst downloading media?

Your friend is a moron, get a PIA and you're fine.

My eyes sometimes glaze over when googling shit and readling long winded technical jibber jabber. Sucks to be me I guess.

You're not the first person to say that, may I ask you to elaborate on WHY he is a moron though. Why is peerblock shit? What can I say to him to prove he is a moron?

Sure thing friendo!
>Superfetch
It's a windows service that readies apps for you based on your habits, it caches them into RAM which allows it to start up faster. But not by much
>Anti Adblock Killer List (AAK)
It's a filter list for uBlock Origin that tells websites you don't have an adblocker while you actually do.
>HTTPS Everywhere
HTTPS is a secure,encrypted method of transferring information through a website and this extension forces HTTPS over HTTP on all websites. Theoretically making your information harder to get.
I don't but I'm in Dominican Republic and laws for technology pretty much don't exist yet. YMMV

Thanks very much dudeface!

Tell him the following:
Downloading things isn't illegal but sharing them is. As long as I don't seed back I should never be caught and you are retarded to think something like peerblock would save anyone from an FBI raid on a tracker/peer.
no prob opbro. Good luck!

superfetch is a process or service that windows runs in the background. basically, it tries to 'learn' when you use programs, so it can preload them into memory.

lets say everyday you open up the internet at 9am using firefox. at 8:59, superfetch would load firefox anticipating you would open it at 9am. you click the icon at 9am, and instantly it opens.

but you dont do the same thing everyday, so whats the point wasting cycles trying to figure out a pattern?

We both have accounts on a private tracker, torrentday, so we have to seed back to maintain our ratios.

I'll have to have a look at this qbitorrent and see whats what.

oh. If you absolutely need to seed back then a VPN is really your only choice of anonimity.

Ahh okay, yeah my schedule is pretty inconsistent overall so this probably won't do me much good. Thanks for elaborating!

Ehhhh, I really don't want to pay for it though.
Maybe I'll have to reconsider that.