Why does Sup Forums idealize crazy people like RMS and Terry Davis instead of technologists who are truly revolutionary...

Why does Sup Forums idealize crazy people like RMS and Terry Davis instead of technologists who are truly revolutionary and paradigm-shifting, people who will change the fate of humanity?

Other urls found in this thread:

telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/10/22/elon-musk-and-talulah-riley-divorce-for-a-second-time/
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Musk is just a businessman

He is chink battery seller. Mr. Ding Dong Feng lithium mining company CEO pawn. If you want be ecological just use ethanol fuel for your car.

Didn't he become tech-advisor for Trump or something like that? What has he really invented or created?

Going to Mars is the biggest waste of resources imaginable
There's literally nothing there

Most of Sup Forums relates more to the former to than the latter one.

>Why does Sup Forums idealize crazy people like RMS and Terry Davis
They're easier to relate, too.

I'm skeptical and anxious of people who want to change the world, these are usually moved by a totalitarian vision of the world, under a nice coating.

The best thing you could do to make the world change is to change yourself.

just like the moon

>Why does Sup Forums idealize crazy people like RMS and Terry Davis
Richard Stallman isn't perfect, but the only crazy man who gets idolized here is Terry Davis. He's a schizophrenic for crying out loud. He's just a meme that went too far. What has he ever done except writing a novelty OS?

Because we idolize programmers and only crazy people decide to become programmers.

What have you ever done, including writing a novelty OS?

>Because I haven't written an OS I'm in no position to criticize
It has no network connectivity. It has no practical use and you know, but you're just shitposting.

Ethanol is made from corn farmed with gov't subsidies. It's not ecological at all.

People who want to change other people can have the same attitude too, especially if they don't practice what they preach. These hypocrites just want impose their will on other people.

I don't think about you at all (america). Food is wasted because (((european donation))) are taken if farmer produce too much food. Lithium is non-renewable resource but potato just grow by sunlight, water and God's will. How God's will is not ecological?

Their madness is what makes them greater than your average buisnessman. The folks who work from 8 to 6 are no heroes, they might be the ones who really change the world, but they are no heroes. The crazy ones, who can't think inside the box or prtend to be normal for 5 minutes, they are heroes. They are wating themselfs for whatever crazy idea is stuck in their heads, give away their lives and intellect for something that can never be done. Sure it is useless, but at least it isn't boring.

we've all heard the pretentious gay shit about Musk a million times already. it's not interesting.
ask any normie on facebook and they'll give you some generic bullshit about elon musk, even total dumbfucks who don't know anything about anything
people here get their kicks from a schizophrenic genius who says "CIA nigger" constantly and talks shit about MIT grads
and honestly it's hilarious

He shitposted on /prog/. He's practically one of us

His lack of achievement seems like a strange thing to criticize him for when there's so much else that's wrong with him, and he's achieved more than 90% of this board ever will.

Because Sup Forums likes to discuss funny memes instead of actually intelligent people.

Probably because most people here are fucking retards.

That's a deep but ultimately meaningless phrase.

Why not both?

>wire 7000 flashlight batteries together
>revolutionary

It actually has great practical use, only on Sup Forums could people have their heads so far up their own asses they forget the entire purpose of computing devices.

no internet? No connectivity? How will I waste all my time and do nothing productive!!!

THe thing is, Elon Musk has it all planed out to the 2030s. Little does he realize, his plan is fucking 50 years in the making.
The only way he's gonna actually make it is having way more than commercial satellites and DoD contracts to pay for it?

>you have a car accident
>they all explode
>your flesh is being consumed by flames

Fuck off norme nigger

user one day this planet is going to die, which means we as a race is fucked beyond any fix to our problem, unless we can come up with a solution to live on another planet , which hasn't been raped by us.

You have a point, I must agree.

>THe thing is, Elon Musk has it all planed out to the 2030s

>he doesn't have his life planned out

>making ___ pay for it
Holy shit. Elon Musk and Trump is a match made in heaven

So the solution is to go to a planet that has literally nothing to be raped?

he knows more about STEM and technology than anybody on this board and most people who work for him.

just like earth

> people who will change the fate of humanity
This is scary if you don't mix in some rms-like "craziness" aka ethics.

I can confirm, regardless of how someone may feel about Musk, the dude is pretty knowledgeable and works like a madman.

t. SpaceX shill who does the occasional prelaunch 70 hour week and sees Musk here all the fucking time.

He wrote a compiler and an assembler too you know. I swear we need HolyC for other kernels too. His OS also includes some entertaining games, an interactive doc and a window manager.
Face CIA agents, you lost to Father Terry.

What's wrong with RMS? He's a little crazy but at least he believes in something more than "maximize muh profit". Musk is a smart man but at the end of the day he's just another CEO/director trying to make money.

>truly revolutionary and paradigm-shifting
>falling for the 1980's 'going to mars' meme in 2017

Kek, nice bait OP

The solution is to try to do things that may help us one day or another, just like interplanetary travels.
I feel like in the last years the race to the space has restarted and that can only be a good thing, cause even if I won't see a human colony in my lifetime that is a reason to make things go ahead

>the race to the space has restarted and that can only be a good thing
Agreed, with things on earth going to shit and poverty and hunger growing the best thing we could possibly do is waste money and resources on a pipe dream.

>guy wants to save humanity
>dumb retards call him stupid

Really activates my braincells.

>save humanity
make money

FTFY, fanboy

This is the ideology of our age.

We can imagine and believe in the end of our world, we can believe in space travel or a "singularity" - but we can't believe in relatively modest changes in the ways of our society. We can imagine humanity saving itself through technology but not through social change.
As if technology could even save us without being accompanied with social change. And, of course, social change alone wouldn't probably be enough, either.

That's the point. I can't think of a way to solve the enormous amount of problems we have with money cause they're mostly social, political, scientific and of mass scale economics.
The best thing we can do as a race is to use our resources to discover new things and solve well problems we may not even have but work on them. In other words being humans.
Use those few billions per year we use on space research for poor people and walls will not solve a fuck.

who cares it's cool. Boomers juts depleted over 50% of the worlds resources on the must redundant bullshit imaginable in just one generation. Let's just fly the rest to mars.

He doesn't want to save anyone.

He wants to ban guns on mars.

He tried (and failed) to get an israeli/fb internet.org satilite up.

And he's invested all his cars towards using a very hard to manage volitile chemistry that explodes in crashes or bring it below minimum voltage.

He is creating a closed down proprietary botnet car.

I an creating GNU/EV

>be recognized as one of the world's smartest engineers and businessmen
>lose billions in a divorce to a golddigger, marry her again anyways

>things that never happened

telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/10/22/elon-musk-and-talulah-riley-divorce-for-a-second-time/

Yes, I am aware of that. Contrary to your assertion, the divorce settlement didn't come anywhere close to billions of dollars.

>poor people and walls
kek, just because your reality tv show host doesn't know how to fix things doesn't mean things can't be fixed.

>I can't think of a way
Exactly, but that doesn't mean smarter people can't either.

Pretty much, sadly.

Wow you took it personal, the problem is that fix our world isn't about change how we spend our money but first about how we think.
With the current platonic/aristotelian/christian system this is the best we can do.
And philosophers are already doing their job, they don't need more money, just to spread their word. But that's mostly antieconomic so no.

I wonder how Mars colony will function. Under Musk's company, or under USA/collective EU/US?

>you took it personal
lolwat? I don't think you understand what that phrase means.

> isn't about change how we spend our money but first about how we think. With the current platonic/aristotelian/christian system this is the best we can do.
Or so is your personal opinion. I get it, I'm just not impressed by this.

>EU
I don't think Muslims have any interest in Mars, too far from Mecca.

Fuck off to reddit.

>I wonder how Mars colony will function.
It won't, it's a ridiculous unsustainable idea of a madman with too much money.

XDD You sure showed him! LOL! Upvoted!

#/r/burn

It would be an interesting business venture to sell Mecca-tracking merchandise.
Basically, since Mars rotates differently than Earth, the poor Marslims would be uncertain which direction to pray to. The Mecca Tracker would point them in the right direction. Instant bestseller!

Kill yourself my man.
We should be spending most of our retardedly large military budget on space and other technology anyway.