PRINTERS

Printers are technology. What printer you got ,Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

thebigbyte.blogspot.com/2013/07/linux-printer-drivers-fuji-xerox.html
amazon.com/dp/B00NQ1CLTI
amazon.com/dp/B00LZS5EEI
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toner#Health_risks
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Canon Pixus 3650

HP LaserJet P2015n.

Served me well for the last decade.

>using anything but brother

HP DeskJet 1515
Was pretty cheap and I hooked it up to a Raspberry Pi for network printing and scanning.

what is the thinkpad of printers

Brother HL-2130

canon mg4260. just bought one that works.

was thinking of getting a fax machine just for the novelty of it.

hp deskjet 1510
-printer scanner combo
-copy without PC
-refill friendly, refill ink is dirt cheap
-hp CUPS drivers are quite good

While hp printer ink is expensive, at least their inkjets can be refilled.

also chcecked

>he doesn't use a dot matrix printer

laughing_whores.jpg

Samsung Xpress M2835DW

Retails for £150, got it refurbished from an office outlet for £50 and it came with a full cartridge of toner

-duplex print
-black and white laser
-wireless

Just use it to print cvs and amazon return labels in the comfort of my own home

>2017
>printing

HP LaserJet 1320n
scored it for 30 eurobucks used in great condition
duplex printing
ethernet
cheap toner

used small business printers are the best deals

HP F300 inkjet.
Gets the job done I guess.
Mostly for the copying documents.

I noticed that on linux with hplip, the printing process is slower compared to windows, and had to go through several hassles to get the scanner to work.
HP have good support on GNU/Linux.
Brother is better price for the hardware.
What's wrong with printing in 2017?
Even today you need to present your CV in printed form.

Brother DCP-J140W

- Chipless cartridges, you can buy refillable ones for less than 15$
- Piezo inkjet so you can use any ink you want, unlike HP's bubblejets that need special bubblejet ink even if you refill them.
- Wireless, you can put it anywhere in the house and it connect to a router (has a USB input if you need it)
- Also a scanner, does mono and color copies
- Native Linux support via SH script or separately downloadable .DEB packages.

Brother won me over with this one and i would not use any other brand. I think the J132w is the more recent model as i've seen it sold in stores a few months ago.

>- Native Linux support via SH script or separately downloadable .DEB packages.
Hold on.

So you can't just go to pic related and find it under "network printers"? I thought it was standard behaviour for all brands. On HP it works like that.

Hp laser P1006

I've never tried, since the script does the whole setup by downloading and installing the .debs, asks you for an IP and then puts it in the list as a printer and scanner. I'm guessing you can add it manually from there too, but it will still require a driver to be installed, if the one for that model hasn't been packaged with the distro. I think that's what the separate DEB versions on the website are for.

On the HP printer i had it would work as soon as you plug it in, but it would require installing HPLIP if you needed to access all the options. That one wasn't wireless though.

That's gold.
How much does it cost?
Thought the paper tray is annoying?

Fuji Xerox Docuprint P225
Based as fuck laser printer.

Too bad it doesn't have Linux support, but it's something I can live with.

I got mine for 21$ used and without cartridges. New they were sold for around 70-85$, same for the newer J132W. As for the paper tray - i guess? It feels kinda cheap-plasticy, but you just take it out, put paper in and forget it. Feels the same as most low-end laser printer trays.

So it makes printing the duplex difficult?

It does mean you have to take the tray out and put the flipped pages in, yeah. It's like that with all printers that are not top-loaders and don't have a duplex printing feature.

HP paper loading allow for easy page flipping.
Though I don't know if they realize this or not.

>Xerox Docuprint P225
>Too bad it doesn't have Linux support

If you're using linux, surely you can convert a driver to work in linux, reading online for that printer you just have to change a few lines of code to match linux file system conventions.

brother hl-2230

it supports duplex printing and is compatible with 3rd party toner refills that cost $2 a bottle. My complaint is that the duplex rubber roller gets worn out easily which will cause paper feed jams - you'll need it once in a while

>What's wrong with printing in 2017?
>Even today you need to present your CV in printed form.

No you don't.

huh?
where did you read that?

Yeah, i don't see having to take the tray out as a big inconvenience, but putting the paper ontop is indeed more handy. Of course, best is to have proper duplex where it takes the paper back in, flips it and prints the other side all by itself, but those are much more expensive.

>thebigbyte.blogspot.com/2013/07/linux-printer-drivers-fuji-xerox.html

Does it do duplex automatically or do you have to put it back in the tray.

well, looks like im the only person here with an epson

wf-3620

i can email it, and it prints stuff. its pretty cool.

the HL-2230 doesn't support duplex, the HL-2240D does, but it isn't made anymore.

I'd recommend
>Brother HL-L2340DW
If you want monochrome laser with duplex

HP OfficeJet 4650

This thing is great, prints very well and came with a year of that HP Instant Ink for free, going to be printing shit loads of photos and such

Can confirm. Got an old HP 4250 from work. Love it. It's gonna be by my side till I die. I can pretty much service any HP workgroup sized laserjet and parts still exist so it's perfect.

Ideally you don't own one. How often do you need to print something anyways? Do it at your work or uni. If you need go to a print shop and pay the 4 cents per page or so. I swear it'll save you 10x the costs and 100x the mental strain of owning a piece of plastic that has deliberately been made worse for over two decades.

this is actually a decent one, we have one at work.

my dad has an epsom, it's its ok

>If you need go to a print shop and pay the 4 cents per page or so
Depends on where you live
The next print shop is 15 miles from here and they charge 10 cents per page

So our home printer fucking died, I don't know if it was the ink went bad, I don't know if something else did, but it was out of use for 2 years for reasons.

do laser printers have issues with long time inuse?

also, anyone have experience with tank ink printers? I have a use for color, however the cost of ink makes me not want to do anything with it.

Best all in one printers with good scanners?

While you are at it tell us what the best gaming laptop is.

the one that's shit

doesn't work half the time
paper feeder is shit
cartridges are overpriced

in what 3rd world shithole do you have to present a paper cv?

Canada.

What the fuck are they doing up there?

Canada should have moved well beyond that by now

>not having a laser printer
>2017
I don't use the term sheep often, but you're a fucking sheep if you still suck ink jet's cock. they've been proven to be a scam for over a decade now.

>do laser printers have issues with long time inuse?
No plus they're faster, cheaper per page, and produce better quality printing for everything that isn't graphically intensive.

I have that, but I've never printed with it. I bought it solely for a cheap scanner with a decent-sized feed tray.

Brother HL 2170W laser jet. 12 dolla at the thrift shop.

awsome, there anything good thats cheap? really I just need it for that once in a while oh shit i need a printer thing, this never requires color

It's worse than you think.
You need to fill out specific form with Adobe acrobat, because the content of the fields would be generated into QR Code, and print it.
That would be scanned later on and then converted to digital format again.
Strange things many are following this.
New trend maybe?

Jetcucks enjoy the yellow dot botnet and proprietary cartridges all day long. They can't be helped anymore.

Dell C1760nw master race

Any of the >$150 samsungs are good.
Laser printers are pretty old technology so the majority of them are reliable so long as you stick to the well known brands.

Brother HL-L2300D Monochrome Laser Printer with Duplex Printing for $70

amazon.com/dp/B00NQ1CLTI

Same thing but with wireless printing for $100.

amazon.com/dp/B00LZS5EEI

>2017
>using mono color printing
>using known carcinogenic

The best laser AIO period.
Brother 2740DW
Auto duplex print
Auto duplex scan w/ 35 page ADF
Cheap as shit toner

>using color printing
>everyone has a smartphone
have fun wasting money, retard.

I have an Epson Stylus R220 Photo Printer with a CIS. If my ink ever runs out then I'll get a monochrome laser printer.

>p2015
no formatter issues? you are a lucky man

Linux support?

>i like having to change toner and drum cartridges separately.

lol linux

According to the Amazon links, the $100 printer supports linux but the $70 one does not.

Make sense because it have it's own printing server.

daily reminder that printers supporting PostScript (licensed by adobe or emulations) work better on Linux than GDI/SPL printers. HP is the only exception here because they provide open drivers.

The Brother website has linux drivers for both printers labeled as Linux (rpm) and Linux (deb).

What if I'm on arch?

you only have to replace pickup rollers with laser printers.
Ok, an maybe replace the fuser (film or assembly) every 100-150k prints

I just want to print out my dakis on my own.
What printer under 4gs?

then use HP.
Or try with the rpm package(install it manually)

>dakis
>4gs
wtf are you talking about?

He is asking for a printer for body pillow covers that is under $4k

fuck him for asking and fuck you for know what that weeaboo faggotry is.
jesus christ

>complains about weeaboo faggotry on a weeaboo faggotry imageboard

>Getting upset about weaboo shit on an image board that is pretty much built on weaboo faggotry

There are limits, faggot. fucking body pillows is one of those limits.

> I like paying more for toner with drums attached then reusing perfectly good drums and saving money
I bet you have an iPhone too.

Plenty of people have body pillows and it's prefectly normal. The moment you put a waifu slip cover on it though and you're a degenerate

>limits
You must have not been here long

>The moment you put a waifu slip cover on it though and you're a degenerate
Yes. Even worse if you cut a hole in the middle a sew in a fleshlight but an asshole fleshlight for some reason.
bonus points if you put it in sideways because that's how a real nip snatch works.

>body pillows is one of those limits
You never cried yourself to sleep hugging one of these?

>not hugging maki to sleep
What's wrong with you?

not that guy i can't cry even if i try to, every time i realize i've failed or missed opportunities i just get really angry instead of tearful and end up punching a door

>2017
>not knowing what japanese forever alone pillows are called

Really?

HP makes the best large plotters.

>not wanting to snuggle with Pepe instead

Another vote for Brother S/W lasers, at least if you're buying new.
I've installed two recently.
Good print quality, decent web interfaces.
Work well with GNU(+Linux) and Windows out of the box.

HP LaserJet 5

It has the paper jamming bug and eats every third sheet.

did you replace the rollers?

>current year
>still owning a printer
everything is stored in cloud now theres no need to own a printer or fax anymore

Canon MX432. Shit-tier drivers on Windows but somehow runs great on Linux. Fedora just magically made it work while Windows required me to dig out an external optical disk reader.

My Brother printer died within months. Supposedly was "a good printer".

Yes, but some of us have jobs and don't live on our mother's basement, so we need printers to create hard copies.

What printer do you suggest that's
1. All in one.
2. GNU/Linux compatibility
3. Inkjet.
4. Mobile device printing

>inkjets
but... why?
(Go with an HP Laserjet, they just werk on Linux with HPLIP)

cheap color printing, refillable.
And I don't print more than 30 pages a week.
>HP
HPLIP doesn't provide full support on linux.
Just like said, you'd run through hassles to get it work.
And by that it just print, higher functions like economic printing / fast printing or increasing the contrast when copying doesn't work.

but... why?

Perhaps for printing in color? Lasers are still expensive AF in that department.

Because of these?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toner#Health_risks

Brother DCP-J132w has all of that, mobile scanning too. There's an app that connects to it via wifi.

>Brother DCP-J132w
I thought brother have bad linux support?