SuperSU

I have SuperSU on my phone, but after learning that the app has been sold to a chinese company I no longer trust it. My question is now if I can simply uninstall the app and then install another superuser app or do I have to reset my phone to make sure that I have no hidden virus from the chinese on my phone.
Also which app should I use? I heard about superuser by phh, as it is also open source.

>inb4 people tell me to trust a shady chinese company

Other urls found in this thread:

download.lineageos.org/extras
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Youll be fine just uninstall and never look back.

Superuser is your only option desu

Ok thanks.
Should I use the change superuser app function or just uninstall it and install the new app?

I trust a shady Chinese company to respect my privacy more than my own goverment.

Lineage has its own root application, look on Extras. It integrates into Settings.

Use the change superuser app function.

Because every app ships with its own modified su binary that calls the app's function to check if its authorized,display popup etc.

So if you just uninstall superuser wont be able to use superSU's su binary

i thought they stopped that after cyaongenmod shut sown?

No, they just don't integrate it directly into soft. You have to flash it aeparately after you flash Lineage. It's kept after updates, so no need to flash it after them again.

download.lineageos.org/extras

Thanks.

Will look that up, thank you.

Btw I also read about systemless root. Is that an option to switch to for me, considering that I already have normal root?

>needs to install a proprietary app to get root privileges on your device
smartphones are so fucking stupid.

use kingroot, it's not shady at all, honest

I have no idea, I doubt you ahould combine multiple applications for this (same) purpose. Just format syst em partition and reinstall your soft, root thingy and gapps. It should keep eveything in place.

I guess I will just change to phh's superuser, more easy that way.

Magisk.

Id rather the chinese have my personal information and invade my privacy than the americans or my own government lmao

I'd rather have no one invading my privacy.

OP again and I could use some help.

I used the switch superuser app function from supersu. I got deinstalled, all good.
Restart, install phh's superuser app and go to recovery to install the binary. The problem is it failed here. I tried to reboot, but the first thing that appears is that need to update the binary.

I am twrp 2.8.0.7 or something like that, that might be the problem, but I am not sure... Any suggestions?

Bump

What was the error?
And you should update your recovery, the latest version of TWRP is something like 3.0.2 or 3.0.3.

E: Error executing updater binary in zip 'path/superuser.zip'

sell your smartphone then

Bump

How's Magisk looking for systemless root? It has its own SU, systemless Closed and V4A.
>Made by a Chinese, I think

Systemless Xposed, desu