Which distro should should I install?

Pic related.

Right now, it's sitting in a bag under my desk. I have Fedora installed on it, but want to try something new.

Other urls found in this thread:

solus-project.com/
manjaro.org
haiku-os.org/
antergos.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

When you want a real distribution like Fedora:

there were solus shills on this board a while ago.
solus-project.com/
I think it looks nice, but it didnt installed it so i cant say much.

Or do you want something to tinker with ?

i would recommend manjaro
manjaro.org

Solus is a piece of shit, I tried to install it with encryption enabled and it did install things until the moment
>Hey I encrypted your entire hdd and installed my shit on it but something broke so I am halting everything. Good luck motherfucker
Thank god I installed ubuntu again

Try lubuntu
Please note that you need configure that quite a lot in order to make it a comfy OS

Arch

Arch.

Gentoo is nice, or debian is fine too

Install Gentoo.

Debian. forget all other memes (arch, ubuntu)

ignore these shills. haiku is your only option
haiku-os.org/

Not OP but I'm planning to install Lubuntu. What needs to be configured after the installation?

Gentoo's the only right answer

Mint, Debian, Arch
In that order

Arch Linux.

the real question is: do you use the laptop for something important or not really?
if you use it for something important, don't remove fedora and maybe instead try a different desktop environment
if you're not going to use it for anything important for the foreseeable future, I would suggest giving Arch a try just as something to fuck around with

Not him, but in my case I had no sound. Pretty easy fix, uninstall alsa and install pulseaudio. Otherwise, it comes with nothing, so you need to install whatever you use, which isn't a bad thing imo.

Debian is to Ubuntu as Arch is to Antergos

antergos.com/

You can also install from the AUR.

>Calling the distro POS cuz it didn't work for you
you probably didn't even submit a bug report, retard

I love Solus, comfy af, mostly bug-free and haz just about everything I need. Recommend.

>Debian is to Ubuntu as Arch is to Manjaro

fixed.

Manjaro is cancer tho, so Antergos is a right choice.

Install Gentoo

openSUSE

install gentoo

>tfw I owned one of those in middle school
It was a piece of shit, the hinge broke from normal use within a few months.

I tried solus but realistically the only reason to use it is because of budgie integration. Turns out I don't like budgie, and would rather have no DE to start with.

guys whats your opinion on antergos?

Arch for people too lazy to actually install arch.

How's Ubuntu Gnome in general and when it comes to security and privacy?

same as any *buntu without unity

Peppermint

It's actually a decent OS.

Slackware!

devuan

Why is Manjaro cancer?

Honestly the worst and hardest question for a Linux pro+autist like me. It's all personal preference. Install em all until you're happy.

Zorin

just get debian with gnome or KDE

Fedora is pretty comfy imho, works really well, they improved the package manager a lot over the last few years which was really my only problem with the distro before. I would say there's not really any big reason to leave fedora.

However, I too fellt the need to switch things up a bit so I recently installed Arch just to try something different. There isn't really any notable improvements, for every advantage there's a drawback but if you want a change of pace I can recommend it. Pacman is really fast and aur is amazing if you use some discretion when getting packages from there. I had a bit of trouble with dependencies for bumblebee but drivers were a pain in the ass in ubuntu and fedora as well so arch is in line with the competition. The wiki is probably the best thing about arch, it's a source of informations that's unparalleled by any other distro, maybe debian/ubuntu but that's only if you include all the forum posts which aren't that nicely written nor well organized.

Also, use Arch Anywhere. While I like the more minimalist/customisation focused Arch approach, I think an installer is a pretty basic thing today. Arch Anywhere is still pretty bare bones, it lets you pick and choose what to install so it's not like it's shoving a bunch of bloat in your system and it does some basic configuration for you that's just annoying to do by hand, it just gets you started much more quickly and comfortably.