/sqt/ - Stupid Questions Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

skelleton.net/2015/03/21/how-to-eliminate-spam-and-protect-your-name-with-dmarc/#dkim_adsp
Sup
thewindowsclub.com/ultimate-windows-tweaker-4-windows-10
youtube-mp3.org
asus.com/br/Motherboards/P5SD2VM/HelpDesk_CPU/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

How accurate is this?
skelleton.net/2015/03/21/how-to-eliminate-spam-and-protect-your-name-with-dmarc/#dkim_adsp

Reading elsewhere I get the impression that it's not merely setting what to do with unsigned emails, but that it also checks what domain it's from or something (I'm confused).

Will I encounter issues if I use the option "all" when ProtonMail is the email server?

I'm trying to set up windows 95 in virtualbox, but the installation takes too long and I can't run games with it for some reason.

Is there such a thing as preinstalled images people share online - someone installs it properly, puts the image on piratebay, and than others can use it? Or is this not possible?

I'm new to this and I and I'm not sure what keywords to search for, so I can't find anything.

Does thermal paste lose it's capacity over time even if it's been in the tube? I have a tube of Arctic MX4 I bought in 2012 that I've been using whenever I reseat my heatsink. The cap is always on but recently my temps are becoming shittier and shittier. Is the paste "going off"?

Are video games and user interfaces of stuff like steam, origin, xbox dash, nintendo home menu, ps dash, etc all just types of complicated programs?

I don't think so. I've been using the same tube of AS5 for 12 years. True story.

Does computer glasses really work? or make a difference?
Or is my optometrist trying to scam me?

Where's the best place to buy used laptops? I'm thinking about picking up just something basic and cheap for when I travel, just enough to handle smooth web browsing/YouTube playback/shitty low requirement old games.

Bias lighting will alleviate much more eye strain if you work at night.

I suppose that for ridiculous extended work on computer they would help by filtering out blue light. But whether its really that important I don't know.

I bought a new laptop and want to transfer some files (mostly music I have and want to carry in case I'm working @ uni)
I'd like to transfer them using my home's LAN, but speeds seem to be surprisingly low (Window's sharing utility is slow and spiky, using D-LAN I can transfer 2 MiB/s in a stable speed rate). Thing is, I would need like half the time to re-download the files but don't feel the need to.
Any recommendation? Maybe using a cross-over could help me? Both systems are running Windows and Linux, so no problem with that

Is anyone else experiencing clicking/popping sounds with the last pulseaudio update? I have them on both debian and arch, trying different earphones
Is there a chance that this is a problem with my pc hardware?

>Bias lighting will alleviate much more eye strain if you work at night.
I usually work in a well lit environment.
>blue light
Doesn't it only effect circadian rhythm?
And how does filtering blue light? the lens would be yellow tinted.

I'm basing all of this off some junk I read a very long time ago about "Gayming glasses". I know blue light affects sleep patterns. I might be confusing blue light with UV output from monitors, but I don't think its unreasonable to suggest blue light might cause more eye strain than warmer shades of light even in well lit environments.

Do you actually have eye strain or is your optometrist just suggesting this because you told him you work at a computer all day?

should be just a yes/no:

Why does this work with http but not https?
you can add a dot after every domain name and it will still work
like:
Sup Forums.org./g
with the dot after org,
but with https it doesn't work
why?

yes, what else would they be?

>eye strain
Not sure, I use a laptop a lot like 5 hours a day, but I only get neck pain or butt pain.
I got my eyes checked, the left eye if fine.
The right eye need +0.25 degree spherical lens and -0.25 degree cylindrical lens.
The optometrist asked what I do for work, and suggested the "computer light filter".

what the fuck is a pajeet

brown man who poops on the street

Made this thread before this one was made. Anyone have insight on this (non linear editing)?

Fix you neck pain and ass pain first I would think before getting light filtering glasses. Fix the most immediate problems first to maximize your comfort and productivity. Ass pain is probably because of your chair, get something with very firm foam that doesn't crush all the way so you are sitting on the support board.
Neck pain is probably posture related from looking down too much, maybe try raising your laptop so you look directly at the screen.

Afterwards if you can get prescription glasses that filter out light then great, but 0.25 is very small so I wouldn't worry about it just yet.

How can mpv cause CPU temps to reach 100 degrees Celsius while at the same time KSysGuard show it only using like 3%?

Is this magic?

Thanks user.
The ass pain because of bad foaming as you said.
The neck pain is the lack of support.
As for the glasses I already got it, though the optometrist told me this "you'll regret not ordering the computer light filters, Mr. user."
There's some glaring from the inner side of the glasses, but I'm told you'd take a week or so to get used to it.

Sounds like he's memeing on you hard. Rather spend money to fix immediate problems. You should test your eyes every year so you'll have another opportunity to order a new pair with filters. Your prescription may have even changed and you would have spent that extra cash for nothing.

t. Worn contacts since grade school, +8.5 here

get an intel cpu

>test your eyes every year
Why people still propagating this myth.

It is an Intel CPU you mongoloid.

I'm trying to rotate some scans in Adobe Photoshop CC 2015. But every time I do so they get these jagged edges, throughout the entire image. I never had this problem before, but admittedly, I scanned at grayscale instead of color, which I usually do.
I don't want to go and re-scan ~75 images, is there a way to fix this, or do I have to redo them?

that literally cannot be a myth

You need to examin your eyes only when you're not seeing well.

What is the best way to transfer content from one computer to another using wifi/adhoc?

you only need to check for cancer when you notice cancer symptoms

a-am I doing it right?

>Have windows 10 via the free windows 7 upgrade
If I do a fresh install will my windows key require me to install windows 7 rather than windows 10

FTP/HTTP server.
On the same network?
Yes.
Even BSE proved to be useless to detect breast cancer.

yeah, but how to setup it

what OS?

Win (10)

Computers been locking up/turning off without warning sporadically. I'm not sure if it's two different problems or the same. Maybe drivers or my PSU.

miniweb.
Just run it, and you'd get an IP adress insert that in the other computer web browser.
The miniweb must be run with administer permission and from the folder you'd want to share.
Or you can use windows built-in share service.

Is this tool enough to block away all of the Windows 10 botnet stuff?

thewindowsclub.com/ultimate-windows-tweaker-4-windows-10

Easiest way to download audio from youtube?

Thanks user!

youtube-mp3.org

How do boards (GPU, CPU, RAM, MOBO etc) work?

Like, there's this green plaque with metals on it, and somehow it stores/receives/sends/processes zeroes and ones that output on the screen and you see stuff woooah

youtube-dl -x [link]

use blackbird.

Tell me one (1) reason why should i waste my time and learn vim or emacs instead using a normal editor.

You're suppose to express your thanks with an image of your fetish.
youtube-dl -x --embed-thumbnail --audio-format mp3 [link]
Sometimes the audio will be in webm container.

Interesting

>--embed-thumbnail
wat

you need the atomicparsley package though.

Does anybody know any websites that will stream Oscars tonight?

should I buy this laptop? It is the HP Spectre x360

If you can afford it.
Still i would choose xps 13

Best budget mech keys?
Currently on a Microsoft wireless.

i read some review that said the xps 13 wasn't as good as a 2-in-1. I've heard it's very good as a traditional laptop.

Can the US version of the Galaxy7 be rooted?

Is it worth it merging your internal memory with your SD card? I hate not being able to access the external storage through FTP, but it seems to me if for some reason the card was disconnected everything would corrupt to shit

>+0.25 and -0.25
Doesn't this like, even it out?

Anything can be rooted, just look deeper

how can i get a chePer laptop

Why on some pages i have something that looks like a css fuckup? Clearing the browser's cache only works sometimes, and i don't have any other fix besides having two browsers.

I deleted a tiny .txt file on a hard drive about 3-4 months ago.
I've barely used the hard drive since then.
Is there any chance of recovering the file at all?
Google says a tool called Remo Recovery can help, but no clue if it'll work.

I experience this too. Some sites are also permanently broken, even on two different browsers.

It's almost like the web has cancer or something.

Is addons like Disconnect, is needed when NoScript and UBlockOrigins are installed?

Just bought an s7, does that thing about completely charging and then draining the battery on you phone when you first get it still apply to modern phones? Currently at 2% finally, and wondering if i should charge it or kill it then charge

Yes, they typically use a display program like DirectX, .net, or openGL to put images on screen.

Do you guys know of any free software that manipulates the sound/pitch of microphones?

I have an usb adapter that allows me to plug my electric guitar into my computer and I have fun listening back to it as I play, but I want to distort it and do weird effects in real time.

All I know about is Audacity and I can only process changes to what I record after the fact.

Neither Disconnect, NoScript, nor uBlock Origins are necessary when you have uMatrix.

Unbloat yourself.

No, you can install windows 10 with it.

You can do that in sound settings on any OS.

TempleOS?

Cooler master quick fire series

Is it bad if an external HDD is almost full, e.g. only 5GB of 3TB left?

I've heard that somewhere but it might've been bullshit.

Can somebody explain to me what is the difference between regular access and root access?

Android and Linux

i'm on windows 7 and I can't find anything like that

Regular access doesn't allow you to do potentially dangerous theings, like install programs, modify system files, and change user permissions. Root can do all that.

I forgot pass for Facebook and gmail, also I don't use cell phone where gmail wants to send me an control code(so I don't have the number where SMS comes), is there an way to enter that Facebook and to delete account and pictures

Open the Microsoft volume mixer, select the device, properties and you can bring up quite a few adjustments.

On an SSD it can prevent wear leveling but with an HDD it can exacerbate fragmentation

I don't really care about speed since it's just a read-only data grave.
I'm talking physical wearing, does it wear out quicker then?

I have this shit mobo laying around and I want to put it to use, would a Q6600 work on it? The CPU support page doesn't mention it, but does mention the Q9650.
asus.com/br/Motherboards/P5SD2VM/HelpDesk_CPU/

>Regular access doesn't allow you to do potentially dangerous things, like install programs, modify system files
How?
The api?
What kind of program would work on root but not normally
I want to understand precisely what the limitations are

You probably need a vst to do that. There are some free ones, google "pitch change free vst". There are other vsts for other effects.

I think Audacity supports VSTs, but it's a hassle. Download VSTHost for them or any DAW.

It shouldn't

K

Is the GTX 1060 the best graphics card for under 300 bucks I can buy right now? Should I wait a few more months until there is a better option in this price range?

Haven't browsed Sup Forums since I bought my last card (GTX 760).

Just saw that the 7700k is 300 dollars at microcenter, is it worth it to get one of my american friends to buy one and ship it to europe.

it will be like 200 dollars cheaper then buying it here.

why does this have to be so difficult? has this idea of sound input modification never been thought of before with digital sound?

What's the recommended e-reader?
I had been looking at the Kobo Glo HD, but it's no longer listed on Kobo's website, so I think it may have been discontinued.

The Aura has similar specs, just a lower resolution screen. Is 200 DPI vs 300 DPI noticeable?

My computer freezes 10-20 minutes into any game I try to play, the display freezes but the fans and shit keep running.

What is most likely my problem?

check temperatures

Graphics card overheating maybe.

How safe is it to buy parts from ebay to build a simple pc that would be used for vidya goldfarming bots?

I've been trying to keep an eye on them while in game but they never seem outrageous.

Can somebody post the image of the inconsistent Windows 10 title bars?

K9 mail keeps telling me invalid credentials when trying to add my gmail. Is it because I have two step verification?

if you haven't used the HDD much since then, you can probably recover it
"deleted" files still stay where they were on the hard drive until the computer wants to use that space to write something else, so if you haven't saved much to the HDD it may still be intact

similar to regular vs administrator access in windows

I was thinking of doing a virtualized pc build where I run linux and virtualize windows for games. I know I need an intel cpu with vt-d, but now that Ryzen came out I know nothing about what to do there. Would Ryzen still be good for this kind of thing?