Whats the point of ultra quiet meme coolers when the gpu is going to be the loudest part of the system under any real...

Whats the point of ultra quiet meme coolers when the gpu is going to be the loudest part of the system under any real load?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Iegpwo9SqSg
youtube.com/watch?v=yDWO177BjZY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

because gpu have the best heatsinks they can for physical limitations stock

No they don`t

And even then they are loud

My Sapphire R9 290 is relatively quiet. Also the CPU cool can be extremely louder. Though if you VSYNC etc. games tend to not use the CPU much.

doesn't it sag?

A GPU under full load is a lot quieter than a couple of 120mm case fans

after changing the cpu cooler i i realized that i dont even hear the gpu under heavy load, my front fans are louder. And then after building a pc on a silent case i realized a pc can be quieter than a noisy monitor.
Also i think that if you are using 100% of you gpu you probably have either music/sound playing or you do rendering and have no need to be sitting around the pc for a while.

ayy I have that same cooler on my 480

Thats what we got these for.
Low noise cpu air coolers are good for home servers and HTPCs

I literally never hear my gtx 1080 even when running intensive games so I don't know wtf you're smoking OP.

This, I can't hear it under load, the fan never goes even half the way.

>giving the jews 8X of what he could give for 0.001% advantages.

My Sapphire "Nitro" RX480 easily reach 80C during work and is pretty loud.

I wouldnt mind the sound tho, if it would cool it nicely. But for some reason it dont and I dont really know, how to improve that. I mean, 75C while fans work on 20% is not really nice.

i have air compressors quieter than most modern gpus. the only reason this latest generation is quieter is the die shrink.

Even a tiny undervolt drops the temps 5-10c

1. MSI Afterburner to control fan speeds
2. GPU that doesn't have shit fans/high TDP
3. Aftermarket cooler with quieter fans

Pick any of these.

All fan speeds are controllable nowadays so I don't get the loud meme.
MSI Afterburner/Asus GPUTweak Tool etc fan fan speed, CPU fan speed can be controlled in BIOS.
But I know most of you are retarded and have never controlled fan speed.

Is this some sort of device that slices up poopoo?

Change the paste on that shit with something respectable like MX-4, there's no way a non-reference card should be that hot. The horrible putty-like paste they ship with usually turns to clay after a year, and is more of an insulator than a conductor as it is. It's the first thing I ever do when I get a new card before it hardens after prolonged heat

You don't have a before and after?

I got it so I can switch off my top-mount 2x120mm when I'm just doing homework. My 3x140mm control airflow through the case and my 2x120mm heatsink fans are connected to the motherboard.

If built right, and I mean taking the rads our out of the fucking computer, the fucking thing has holes for tubes goddamn it, they offer a 100% silent computer, also offer you the coldest possible tems you can get, so in summer you can run the ac less for the room.

also, a cpu block is good for the lifetime of the cpu block, gpu block will need to be replaced but they don't make those for gpus that only last 1-2 years.

the cpu, intel and old amd stock, are loud as fuck, once you move away from that, they are quiet, noctua just happen to also have the best static air pressure so using them pushing air through fins is their purpose.

gpus, outside of stock blower, are effectively silent till you hit higher then 40% use, at which point you got headphones on most likely, and even then they are fairly silent.

My EVGA is quiet

The h100i v2 overpower it with noise

Wrong

Not even fucking close. A GPU at full fan speed is like 50-60db. EIGHT of my 120mm fans at full speed is barely breaking 32db.

> A GPU at full fan speed is like 50-60db.

Only if they are equipped with 3900rpm delta fans.

Music /prod/ucer here.
Ultra quiet coolers are good for keeping your CPU cool without lots of loud noises. Fucking duh. We use them and ssds just so that we don't have to hear PC sounds in the background.
>gpu
Go away Sup Forumsirgin. Either our PC's don't have discrete GPUs installed at all (most common) or they're just disabled/idling at low power when sound is an issue.

your PC's likely have igpu's/apu's rather than no gpu at all

>Macfags think they can have an opinion on PC components

No discrete* GPU
The onboard units are pretty good these days, I can do anything except play brand new titles at max settings.

>Mac
Only retards think Macs are better for creative uses.

Do you really need that kind of sound reduction to make bleep-bloops on fruity loops? Seems like overkill

>Run the AC less
Wrong

If your computer temps are lower it's because all that heat is being efficiently exhausted INTO YOUR ROOM. The heat doesn't magically disappear.

>autistic Sup Forumstant telling Sup Forums to go away
top heh

not him, but is this related to TDP at all?

If a CPU has a really high TDP, does that mean it needs a powerful cooler and my room will get really hot?

No gaming system will be quiet at full load. I mean technically you could make it work, but it's too much work/cost, not worth it.

But you can still easily have a system that is inaudible outside of gaming. You must ditch the HDDs first, though, they're the usually loudest part.

You must have a crap case. I can run my EVGA SC 1080 on high and it makes less noise than my 2x120mm case fans. I know this is all anecdotal but it's really not even close.

>he doesn't put CPU coolers on the gpu

youtube.com/watch?v=Iegpwo9SqSg

Why don't GPUs come without cooling and just let people choose what they want?

You should see the shit buildzoid has pulled when going for world records.

Cooling efficiency depends on ambient temps. Air that's 18 degrees will be better at taking heat away from a 60 C CPU than air that's 25 C. Therefore, you'll need a better cooling solution if you live in the desert

And regardless of all of that. 100% of your computer's power consumption ends up in your room as heat

No, and we wouldn't have them if we made bleep bloops. I specialize in recording vocalists for my own band and others. (Yes, some producers are Sup Forumscisians too)

What if it did?

That makes sense, thanks.

I'm learning about hardware and don't quite understand what "TDP" is.

Suppose I lived in this desert and had two computers in my house with the exact same case and cooling system, put in two different (but identical) rooms at the same temperature.

The only difference is that computer A has a low-TDP cpu, and computer B has a high-TDP cpu.

What differences would I notice between the two computers? Would the room with the high-TDP cpu get hotter faster? Would its cooler not be able to keep up with cooling?

dw senpai the Official King of Sup Forums is here to educate you

youtube.com/watch?v=yDWO177BjZY

I'll watch that, thanks

God that's hideous

Don't think I've ever seen an aesthetic fan controller.

How would third-parties have something to sell?

You know, running the rads outside of the computer means you get some VERY interesting options right? like put the rads on the air return so all the air is sucked through them and out of the room, put the tubes through the wall and vent them in another room that you don't use, possibly vent them into the basement, or my favorite, get a 55 gallon drum, fill it with water and some bleach, and dump some ice from the freezer into it every now and then.

Please don't take me as the retard who honestly thinks the cpu running colder means it radiates less heat. What i'm saying is when you have the rads and rescue, or possibly just one massive fuck off reservoir you use effectively as a rad, outside of the computer, you get VERY interesting options for cooling that most people never even consider.

The cooling equipment separately??!?

they use to be for graphics due to fuckloads more ram, and they use to be/still are better for sound.

by enough to really fuck with you? I'm not a pro or even good with sound so I can't say.

Macs? I've never been a specs fag but any windows & ASIO compatible 24 bit/192khz external soundcard (with high end, performance analog front end) paired with a modern I7 is all the tech hardware a master PC needs. Put 16+ gigs of ram and some SSDs and it'll smash any huge project at a round trip latency of 8ms or lower.
An equivalently powerful Mac would be at least 50% more expensive, and the compatible soundcard would cost twice as much for the same performance, and you'd probably end up paying for other pre-installed parts you won't even use.

Its really an issue I have no opinion on, as I just don't know, All I have to go with is rocksmith, and that has at least for my untrained ass next to if not no perceivable latency going from my sound card to my logitech z5500 then through headphones.

>Rocksmith
Probably about as hard to compute as two stereo channels playing back dry wavs.
Not comparable to producing music. The graphics requirements are probably way, way higher than the audio ones.

there is no standard for graphic cards like there are standards for the CPUsockets + there are other components to be cooled etcevri manufacturer makes the card different you need to make a custome cooler for evri card thats why there are only water coolers for specific models from a specific manufacturer

I installed one of these and the cool and quiet CPU ended up dropping temps overall enough to where my GPU doesn't get loud. Surprisingly a $35 part was all I needed to make my computer quiet.

>Only retards think Macs are better for creative uses.
But the OS is actually superior for most things, it's a really nice OS
You sound like a teenager

Where the fuck do I get such a quiet air compressor?

Actually, if you use lots of effects on recordings It can be taxing.

>Superior for consumer users who don't know what they need
>Not getting more for less with the freedom given by Windows
The only reason Mac is known for creative/media use is because Mac strikes huge deals to sell pre-setup equipment in large numbers to companies.
>Sound like a teenager
>Unfounded
Projection

Wrong. It's because the software that best creates 2d graphics and audio were mac only. Now that apple has stopped caring about pro users and discontinued Final Cut Pro, that is started to change.

>GPU

>apple left gaming back in the 80s
>the only people left still using their hardware are creative types who only use it because of the software available
>they're now ditching the creatives the same way they ditched gamers
what is going on with apple?

do you have any idea how much it fucks with you to have input lag?

Had a game lag to hell for reasons I cant tell, but it was I want to say half a second input lag, it made the game unplayable even though the framerate was just fine.

I can only imagine how bad the lag must feel to someone who is use to analogue with 0 processing

>framerate was just fine
setting the maximum pre-rendered frames to greater than 1 can contribute to the input lag

Because the only time system noise matters is when at desktop doing quiet work, at which point GPU load is irrelevant.

If the GPU is going, there should also be sound or music that is going to drown it out anyway.

>gpu is going to be the loudest part of the system under any real load?
KYS you RETARDED GAYMER MANCHILD.

>what is going on with apple?
Steve Jobs wanted to make great products.
Tim Cook wants to make great profits.
Apple can make better margins on developing and selling iPhones to the masses than they can selling desktops to be used by professionals

I can feel any more than 10ms(1/100th second)
I won't even TRY to play at 25ms
500ms (1/2 second) is fucking laughable

That's when I'm playing my real guitar through a computer, which I have been playing at 0~1ms happily for almost 10 years

The loudest thing in my PC is the HDD.

I've never met an actual human who have a shit about fan noise...Jesus Fuck what kind of whiney bitches are you? You can't even hear that shit above your speakers anyway.

Just cuz i have loud gpu, doesn't mean i want a loud cpu cooler

probably because some idiot would try to run it without cooling and break it then blame the gpu makers

Thats what I thought, The 500ms was witcher 2 for me till i got a gpu upgrade, for some reason the boat in the second act fucked with my computer something bad, was never able to pin it because the frame rate was good, but may have hit the reason why it was fucked. every time there was one section where the game would stutter a bit, but it was a cut scene, so the audio is still in sync, that is the only think that I can think of that something happened right there.

but rocksmith, I honestly couldn't tell you what that is, I could look up rock band on the ps3 and tell you what the lag settings for that was, as my guitar is the rock band pro one. I want to say it was something like 50ms, and I never really felt it. i'm sure if I was use to instant it would be clear to me, but never experienced that outside of the acoustics.

Honestly depends on the OEM you bought from. Some put unreasonable fan curves for diminishing return levels of cooling.

If OP made one mistake it's not adjusting gpu fan speed himself.

Yes i do have a crap case. Still if i turn off the front fans i hear more of the back fan than the gpu. it would be pretty noiseless if i had a decent case.

I assure you that that triple fan CPU is going to be louder than any GPU.

>low rpm
>louder than one, larger fan running faster

My 380X is near silent at 50%, which it never goes over, unless I run furmark.

Few things influence how "loud" a fan is.

>Fan (quality of bearings)
>Holster (rattlings/vibrations)
>Fan speed

CPU fan has to run all the time, the GPU fan can run if it is deemed necessary. If the GPU fan has to go more than 4k rpm for 80°C then it is time to get a new one. Also those are not just individual fans, they are all fan motors attached to them making a sound. All sound that collides but makes the same harmonic increases the decibel.

Palit SuperJetstream GTX 1080 here and it's very quiet even under full load

so you can sleep while you download big files overnight :3

How big?

relative to your internet speed i guess

>CPU fan has to run all the time
no