Well, yet another AMD processor release thats dead on arrival

Well, yet another AMD processor release thats dead on arrival.

Just a quick rundown for anyone who missed the news:

>AMD shows promising processor benchmarks and competitive prices
>no improvement in IPC over Intel but more cores so meh
>Intel slashes prices making Ryzen completely noncompetitive

Guess that's what happens when your company is ran by a has-been, a gook and a poo.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2U7RXYTG-6c
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Why are fanboys still trying to defend intel?

Oy! AMD is dead. BUY INTEL 4 CORES

>more cores
>less prices
Op is a faggot

user, i...

>but they did slash price of 4core/8threads
>that makes this Ferrari non-competitive no more

Must be pretty embarrassing to dump years and billions into R&D only to have your product invalidated thanks to a simple price drop.

Sure is a coincidence that all this shilling ramped up into over drive immediately after AMD's last press event.

Here's your anthem goyim
youtube.com/watch?v=2U7RXYTG-6c

So they've dropped the prices on all their CPUs by 45%? No? Guess it's still not competitive then, Mr.Shill.

Even if they did that, they could be prosecuted for dumping.

I'm going to buy ho ryzen out of pity

Intel has its own Foundries though. AMD lost theirs. They are locked into a situation of higher fees while they beg for others to cut their chips.

It's also why NVIDIA still exists. They are a cartel with AMD on the PC GPU patents but both don't have their own Foundries.

If the patents were open both NVIDIA and AMD would be dead and chips would be faster and cheaper.

>intel slashes prices

That's all I cared about. Decent competition so Intel is forced to stop charging so much.

Reposting a good quote from another thread:

The fact that they have to cut prices proves that they have to compete with AMD. It shows they're scared about losing market share, even in the low volume HEDT segment.
This change in pricing structure will change the entire product line up for them, and if revenue from PC sales is down at the end of the year they'll have to explain to investors that a company 1/10th their size is forcing their hand, and thats bad for investor confidence.

Zen being this close to Broadwell - Kaby Lake is a clear threat to them. If it were a single flash in the pan it would illicit such a heavy handed response. Zen+ is going to have parity with Cannonlake.
Intel's per clock performance lead is virtually gone, their process lead is pretty close to worthless. The only segment intel is hanging on in is the mainstream with their highly clocked quad core parts, and they have nowhere left to go there. Power per core in Kaby Lake at 4.2ghz is already 21.5w. They're always extremely far outside of the ideal clocking range for efficiency, and they're not going to be squeezing any more out of their 14nm node.

Yes but less cores is better in the real world sweetie, not all of us sit and unpack 7zip files all day.

Intel knew the future exactly. They kept improving every year so since the last time AMD didn't manage to do much of anything different at all, they still have slower cores, they still try to push the stupidity to gullible people that only offline rendering matters.

It's not even Intel's fault. Most stupid people don't realize how hard it is to shrink the transistor nowadays. The photolithography alone is extremely hard, and soon we will start hitting severe quantum mechanical limitations.

If the children of Sup Forums knew how the real world works, they would be researching new ways to get away from the silicon paradigm because Intel knows it is soon to be dead stop in progress.

Thank you Pajeet. $0.10 has been deposited in your bank account.

yes goy, all you need is a quad core!

AMD never fabed their own GPUs

>from charlie

wood screw charlie?

>they still have slower cores

No they don't

When they were competitive on CPUs, they did, which is the topic here.

They own doctored benchmarks with cherry picked intel chips to make them look good show them ~25% slower. Only gullible people will fall into the meme again. It's exactly what they tried to pull last time.

>The only use for multiple cores is unzipping files

Shilltel please.

I'm not a gaymer. You can put both AMD and Intel among with your opinions about them into your ass.

Intel is in FULL damage control. The fact that they are 24'7 shitposting on Sup Forums is kinda a proof of this.

If Sup Forums made Trump president, Sup Forums can make AMD great again.

Fuck off Intelshills.

>sweetie
>7zip
>this meta condescending tumblr/reddit/twitter shitposting

Thats cute.
Its like you're trying really hard to imitate CTR.

Thats the one.

You've got to try a lot harder. if someone is actually paying you for this they're wasting their money.

>doctored benchmarks
>they literally had a setup people could test common benchmarks on, live, right alongside Intel's best

Holy fuck you shills better step up your game, you aren't going to convince any goys with that nonsense. You won't get any shekel bonuses at this rate.

I wanted Ryzen after seeing the benchmarks, then I remembered how bad AMD drivers are. Not worth the hassle in my opinion, rather just pay a little more for a platform I trust, like Intel.

> I'm incapable to observe the data, therefore I'm talking with AMD or Intel shills
go back to your mommy kid.

Even when I still use Foobar2000 in Windows I can initiate 6 converter threads to convert a whole-CD music files into smaller tracks. With just an Phenom II X6. Super comfy as fuck.
And it's 2017 and you tell me quad-core is sufficient.

>I am incapable to observe AMD's own propaganda data, therefore I'm talking with professional shills
go cry to your mommy kiddo, the rest of us will laugh at you next time you cry "I fell for the AMD meme"

>25% slower [than incel CPUs clocked 25% higher]
hmmmmmm

Wait, AMD is still putting exposed pins on the CPU instead of the motherboard? Fuck this I'm buying a 7700K.

This is just super low effort. The whole condescending feminine tone thing doesn't work, you should have learned that by now.

>go back to your mommy kid.
>go cry to your mommy kiddo

Does Intel hand you a guidebook for this shit?

We all know Ryzen will thermal throttle like shit, atleast with Intel you get the performance that's advertised.

Heres is a NON FAKE NEWS quick rundown:

>Initial leaks show unanimously that Zen is devastating i7 for $500 cheaper

>intel ends production of that motherboard chipset after 2 years
>pin bends on motherboard
>sorry goy just buy a new CPU too! :^)

Pretty sure that dollar for dollar Intel will still be better, plus have you seen the prices on Ryzen compatible motherboards? Not to mention reduced Linux compatability.

>Ryzen will thermal throttle like shit
>soldered ihs

Doubt it

>65w-95w
>Throttling

What?

>le I only need 100% multiprocessing le meme
serial performance will be always required on interactive applications
unless you never actual sit on a computer and only encode x265

stupid people have the delusion it's a matter of progress
it's not a matter of progress, it's a mathematical fact you will always require serial performance on CPUs
this is because interactive application must always adhere to the rules of a global loop

you can cry all you want to your mommy for your next game to be "100% multiprocessed" but it will never happen kiddo
it's how mathematics works.
you will always need strong threads not only in gaming, but in anything that required human input, including setting up your Photoshop before you actually render, which is 99% of the time you actually use a computer

This whole Ryzen shit will be a week long fad just like Bulldozer and Piledriver. Me? I'm sticking with Intel.

The first motherboards are always the most expensive

amd experience:

>buy a laptop with an amd gpu on board
>NEW DRIVERS AVAILABLE
>alright, download them, why not
>DOWNLOADING
>CHECKING
>"COMPONENTS ALREADY INSTALLED"
>uhhh, ok?
>literally nothing changed
>day later
>NEW DRIVERS AVAILABLE
>hmm, maybe I'll download it straight from their website and just uninstall these ones?
>go to control panel
>try to uninstall
>STOP FAMPAI, WINDOWS REQUIRES CERTIFIED DRIVERS FOR YOU TO DO THAT
>...wat

thank you based amd :^)

>have you seen the prices on Ryzen compatible motherboards?
The $50 shit motherboards are coming when Ryzen's low end versions appear.

>This whole Ryzen shit will be a week long fad just like Bulldozer and Piledriver. Me? I'm sticking with Intel.

mySides.exe

AMD chips are too unreliable in my experience, plus you don't get features like Speedstep and the like.

That's nice and all, fuckface, but it doesn't matter because Ryzen's single core performance is only slightly lower than Intel's. And Zen+ is going to easily match it, maybe even beat it.

(Don't even think of dredging up MHz comparisons, you know that myth died almost two decades ago, right?)

Zen is on par with Broadwell in IPC.
Skylake/Kaby Lake is only 2.7% on average ahead of Broadwell.

You shills just aren't trying hard enough.

Top end X370 boards are $200.
Top end X99 boards are $300-$500.

I just don't think Ryzen offers a compelling value, I'll stay with Kaby Lake for now.

>I only run one program at a time, all single threaded
lmao

At these prices you have to be an idiot retard not to buy intel. They are practically giving them away

>>buy a laptop with an amd gpu on board
which year was this AMD going stronk in driver game right now

Sunk cost fallacy.

>Speedstep
You mean like PowerNow™

>They are practically giving them away
They should be, seeing as they're obsolete 4c/4t or 4c/8t trash.

knew this would happen

>Intel shills in full damage control
What a time to be alive

>This obvious scripted posts
Holy shit it's happening

Actually I'm upgrading my old system, I work hard so I don't mind paying a few extra dollars for a better architecture that will last.

> CPU
> Drivers

Pick one.

Inb4: Yeah, there is such a things as microcode, but it's mostly power management stuff.

Looks like it's back to the drawing board for AMD, these Intel chips are smokin' fast boys. Don't forget less faster cores will always beat more slow ones.

december 2016 :)

>Intel
>a better architecture that will last

OH FUCK MY SIDES

If this is the best bullshit you shills can cook up, Intel is fucking doomed.

>a few extra dollars
>for half the performance

Okay.

You're right, I bet all the kids who bought Piledriver are super happy with them in 2017 (they won't be).

Meanwhile Sandy Bridge is still a strong platform, though ofcorse you should always update to the newest line of Intel processors for the optimum speed and feature set.

>Pretty sure that dollar for dollar Intel will still be better
Only DAMAGE CONTROL shills can say such a thing when AMD releases all of Intel's "EXTREME" CPUs for less than HALF THE PRICE!

> Not to mention reduced Linux compatability.
Linux has been getting Ryzen updates for over a year now. The last ones (4.9 and 4.10) have been mostly power management stuff (For what I remember).

>Me? I'm shilling for Intel.
FTFY

Intel goes through sockets faster than you go through cocks.

CPU =/= GPU

Only thing that can save amd now is 1600x with unlockable cores trick

>though ofcorse you should always update to the newest line of Intel processors for the optimum speed and feature set.

I'm not sure if you're actually a shill or pretending to be one for the (You)s

THE LESS CORES YOU HAVE THE BETTER PROCESSOR YOU HAVE

YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST FOLKS

QUICKLY BUY ALL THE PRESCOTT SINGLE CORE 125W PENTIUMS!!!1!1ONE!!

My god. Intel is fucking spooked.

So much FUD being flung, attempts at controlling the media, attempts at controlling the narrative.

This is what you get for getting lazy and complacent while charging customers disgusting prices.

AMD just fucked Intel so hard their shills went stupid.

I'm gonna get an i3, they have SMMMMMMMMMMOKIN' HOT single core performance.

Remember goys cores don't matter so buy the new i3 k series for your gaymin.

Luckily intel were jews

if they had sold the CPUs at a fair price maybe AMD wouldn't be around today

so, any bets on reviews?
personally I trust guru3d because Intel stopped any kind of PR relation in Europe except UK probably because germans adn dutch told them to fuck off several times

Naw senpai they got this shit on lock.

Alright AMDrones listen up

Single core performance matters the MOST because the vast majority of people are basing their processor purchasing decisions off of how much additional frames per second they can get in games, the more the better. Fuck everything else.

Even a slight advantage and people will take Intel Every. Time. Even if it's slightly more expensive, it becomes the "premium product"

Only NEET anime watchers care about multicore performance. So there, Sup Forums has its own processor now. Too bad that the majority of people are buying for gaming performance, Ryzen is a flop and the next bulldozer, and no one buys the $1k Intel chips anyways LOL.

>what is Gustafson's law

>Even a slight advantage and people will take Intel Every.

>slight advantage
>at 50% of the price
Not everyone is an incelcuck

>Implying Intel couldn't snuff AMD out at any time and this isn't just AMD struggling in its gimp suit while a few people ask if someone heard muffled grunts.

you realize fabs are a money sink if they make only one thing? why do you think intel that scared to lose marketshare? because it will hit them much harder than it did AMD back in 2009

>open task manager
>have more than 4 processes / services running
Heh I could have 40 core processor and it wouldn't be enough

>even gaymen are now multi-threaded
>DUDE SINGLE THREAD PERFORMANCE
>continues to ignore that Ryzen has higher IPC than babby lake

how is life in 2010?

>Even a slight advantage and people will take it every time

So I guess when more games start taking advantage of multiple cores (this is already happening), AMD will be the only good choice. Nice thinking there, buddy.

DX12 and Vulkan have been released for what, 2 years now? And there are only a handful of games that support it? Maybe in 5 years AMD will be better but they will be bankrupt by then.

Heh well that's where you're wrong kiddo, I have -1 cores and my computer couldn't be faster.

Only way to solve this debate is a gladiator type event with poos versus Jews

>Thats the one.
Into the fucking garbage that goes. All he does is make shit up to make companies look bad to drive traffic into his monetized, paywalled blog.

So should i sell my 6700K and get an AMD build instead?, or what

I'd watch it.

Intell shills hard at work i see

>DX12 and Vulkan have been released for what, 2 years now?

Vulkan has only been released for a year

DX12 was released with win10