INTEL PRICE CUTS

In reaction to the "disruptive" Ryzen:
i7-6850k $700->$550
i7-6800k $500->$360
i7-6700k $360->260
i5-6600k $240->$180
i7-7700k $380->299
hothardware.com/news/intel-reacting-to-amd-ryzen-apparently-cutting-prices-on-core-i7

Other urls found in this thread:

hothardware.com/news/intel-reacting-to-amd-ryzen-apparently-cutting-prices-on-core-i7
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>hothardware.com/news/intel-reacting-to-amd-ryzen-apparently-cutting-prices-on-core-i7
If you had actually read the article it says that the RETAILERS are doing the price cuts NOT INTEL. Obviously because Ryzen will BTFO all of intels offerings so theyre trying to get rid of them will they can.

Intel confirmed for suicidewatch!

"Price cuts on Intel Processors"

Happy now?

And isn't that great?
Now people can buy a good processor for much cheaper.

esgerg

>check newegg
>still 350
>check amazon
>still 350

nice try memers

This

Who gives a shit? Literally nobody cares who is allegedly behind the cuts, only that the price is now lower. This is what AMDtards have to resort to.

>6 cores are still going to be more expensive than r5 line, not to mention overpriced x99 mobos.
intel is finished

intel cut it's prices because the only thing that motivates them is FEAR.
They have zero respect for their customers in 2017.

It's not the 1990s anymore, intel doesn't exist in a vaccum and they can't make slimy exclusivity deals anymore without getting outed on social media.

>i7-7700k still 390€ everywhere
dumb animeposter

Intel cutting prices? AMD is committing another holocaust.

Sadly, the days of Andy Grove are far behind. I hope AMD keeps pushing so when I'll change in a year or so there's some competition.

When I do my next build(probably wont be for a year or two), its going to be AMD, assuming AMD is competitive.

And this is why I keep stating that the amd cult that harbors this place is nothing but a circlejerk of fucking retards. No matter what amd does, nvidia and intell can simply out maneuver them with price manipulation alone. This will effectivelly kill Ryzen, just like Nvidia fucked the Fury lineup by reducing the price of their gpus as well.

But do keep on behaving like demented cultists thinking that a company with WAY less money and research like AMD can compete with both giants and actually beat them at their own game.

I only wanted Ryzen to be successful so I can buy Intel processors at a lower price.

Just how much profit margin does intel have on these processors that they can cut 100-150 and STILL make profit???

still too expensive to not go ryzen

>6600k at 180
wew

They don't need to turn a profit, they just need to make sure Ryzen crashes.
Too late for that I think.

Damn intel is that scared huh? haha

They've been making 45% profit margin for years.

Ryzen has smaller dies and AMD has more 14nm fab capacity than Intel. Intel can't price their way out of this one short of selling CPUs at a major loss.

*cough*

>look mom i posted it again xD

@59136018
>comparing a server cpu to a non server one
see the 1600x instead

If 1800x and 1700 lost to a 7700k, I don't expect an even lower one to beat it

@59136065
the 6 cores are binned, just like the 8 cores
and the game you listed measures single core performance
the 1600x is binned the best of the 6 cores and the 1700 is binned the worst of the 8 cores
any multi threaded benchmark would smoke your precious intel shit

>AMD has more 14nm fab capacity than Intel.
these lies again..
because 1 GF 14nm fab (that is being shared with other customers) + 1 samsung fab (again shared) is more than the many 14nm fabs intel has ?

Of course, even an 8350 beats a 7600k in multicore kek what are you going off about?

Based Intel
Links for the 6700k or 7700k?

>DELETE THIS

Holy fugg cuckedhard, so that's real price intel cpu.

>any multi threaded benchmark

GTAV is one of the most multithread optimized, most CPU bound games out there at this point.
If an 8c/16t Ryzen at stock lost to a stock Intel 4c/8t, I don't see 8c/16t Ryzens convincing many gaymers.

AMD SHILLS ON SUICIDE WATCH

8350 doesn't even have full cores
it might tie the i7 in multi-core but thats about it
1700 including its low power and low clock speed beats 7700k by 40℅ in multicore

Holy shit, AMDrones on suicide watch

Lol too bad

wanted to get 6800k but now i might have just felt for the 1800X meme even though the motherboards are kind of worse than the X99 ones and the max ram is 64gb

If I wanted multicore performance I wouldn't have bought the gaymen-oriented quad core i5. I wanted core performance and applicable-everywhere performance

as a laymen..

person who has no in depth knowledge of the subject.

and as an unbiased consumer..

although iv only ever "bought" intel pc's.

with the price drop..

are the ryzen chips competitive?

probably not for more than 4 cores, that's why 1600x is a better comparison with the higher clock speed and it not being a mobile tier cpu

>still hating amd
>after they forced price drops which is good for customers
are you that retarded?

Look up benchmarks, don't let Sup Forums meme you one way or the other

amd is coming out with Ryzen r3- quad cores for cheap

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

Why would anyone complain about a price drop? If you're into AMD you get the knowledge that Intel considers it a threat, and if you're into Intel you get to upgrade for cheaper or get to tell more people to buy Intel even if budgeting

K

>don't let Sup Forums meme you one way or the other
What about supporting AMD so Intel doesn't control the market?

>45% profit margin
citation needed

>stock
>all have the same avg
try harder next time retard

>What about supporting AMD so Intel doesn't control the market?
You had 10 years to do that, people voted with their wallets and turned their backs on APUs and 220w CPUs

Then good for you. Not sarcasm either

>People still buy intel

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

don't you know user, its all about frametime now !

Oh wait, never mind this shows the AMD cpu in a goodlight, so forget my earlier comment!

Personally I think basing your computer hardware decisions off of advertising, company morale and market practices is retarded either way

>gaming
>the area where Intel's fewer cores-higher clock chips are expected to outdo ryzen
>identical performance
>while the ryzen chip is clocked 1-1.5 GHz lower

w e w
e
w

but what about muh single thread per core performance

>gigglehertz between two different architectures matter instead of how they perform stock

I got this Xeon-D at 1.6GHz fresh outta the oven for you, lets see how it performs stock.

>hurr why don't I test two CPUs with the same IPC but one of them is clocked 50% lower

No, no, no didn't you read his post? That's SUPPOSED to be a win for Intel, that just means Intel is retarded for not comparing their server CPUs to this Xeon wannabe, and instead comparing a 7700k haha what retards
B-b-but it IS a 7700k killer, it has more cores like a server CPU! You're retarded for buying quad cores

>shills dont post this one

me too
what processor do you plan on getting

OVER 50% BETTER PER-CORE PERFORMANCE
Makes me want a 7700k over a 6700k desu senpai

Why us the 1700 always compared?
either use 1600x or 1700x

see look at that single threaded performance user, whats up with that ?

But doesn't literally everyone already run Kabylake at 5.3GHz?
Why the sudden interest in stock performance?
>I'm gun get a unlocked CPU with a Z chipset to leave it at stock!
Genius

It's business as usual?

>OVER 50% BETTER PER-CORE PERFORMANCE
>3.4 vs 4.2

kys 1700 has a low tdp and is a shit comparison

>every single ryzen benchmark
>THIS IS THE WRONG BENCHMARK DELET THIS

>usual intel business

Wew lad so I guess the next AAA games are going to be optimized for single core usage because of some unknown reason.

Full circle, back to the beginning.

>3.4GHz
1700 stock is 3.0, with a single core Turbo of 3.7, what the fuck is up with this shit?

I mean we got BF1 last year, that was really the only DX12 game that scaled well with cores, DOOM made a successful stand as the SECOND Vulkan based game, these APIs have promised a lot and delivered little
I'm waiting just as hard as you are for multicore to be relevant for gaymen
Maybe with all this hype devs will stop being so lazy (I wouldn't count on it)

>1700
>60 tdp
>8 cores

>7700k
>95tdp
>4 cores

no shit if you compared lets say the 1600x with 95tdp and 6 cores it would be more fair

So you're saying I have to wait to see if zen is better than Intel core series?

Its actually really clever
Intel had all this padding built in for this moment when ryzen is about to come out, AMD claims it will be "cheaper than intel" and all Intel has to do is tweak their prices a bit to completely blow AMD TFO

Intelaviv confirmed deeply concerned

>ryzen is released
>overclocked chips have comparable gay men performance to overclocked 7700k
>intel shills commit mass sudoku

>inb4 hurr price difference
Nigga no one apart from AMD's retarded marketing department is saying Ryzen 7 will be worth getting for gaming. Wait for Ryzen 5 to BTFO the mainstream 1151 line-up

I'm actually surprised (((they))) did

I'm saying 1700 is not intended for gaming and we should wait for 1600x

>6+ generation Intel Core
Now only a dumb fucking weeb would fall for this.

inb4 "a-an-nime w-webs-site"

>muh gaymen performance

The poster at the release of ryzen had "better fps" as the very first phrase

Haha, nice fake

Even with the price cuts they still aren't close to Ryzen in multi-core performance.

in some games the 1700 would do better because of the superior multitasking but the x-variants are higher clocked and more intended for gaming

Test a real game like Skyrim or Minecraft

Get back to Sup Forums you cancerbag.

Amd are the reason prices were so high to begin with.

Stop acting like AMD is doing gods work

They are basicly some guy getting to his feet after getting the shit kicked out of him.

>Intelaviv

Underrated

Hoping Microcenter cuts prices more, the 6600k was already that much, with $40 off a mobo paired with it.

And you stayed on the ground and let Intel take you up the ass.

OP is a big fat phony

Buying intel is kinda like buying organic oranges, you think you made the right choice until you finally realize they rot just as fast as any other orange and that it was still picked up by a poor black kid.

Is this about Intel or amd
>b-but EIGHT WHOLE ROTTING ORANGES BRO!

When has the i7-7700K ever costed $380?

>what is your single orange per basket performance

One good orange beats a whole sack of unripe oranges

>His CPU doesn't age like fine oranges