Unused ram is wasted ram

>unused ram is wasted ram

Where does this meme come from, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.ca/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR12.TRC2.A0.H0.X4x2gb.TRS0&_nkw=4x2gb&_sacat=0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

From people with no understanding of what "cache" means.

>Where does this meme come from, Sup Forums?

Poor People

Money isn't worth anything if you don't spend it

what if you have so much money they can't possibly spend in a life time.

like saudi sheiks will abandon their ferrari in the dessert if they get a flat tyre. its easier for them to simply buy a new one

>not leaving their private jet in the desert if they have a malfunctioning engine
Poorfags.

If my RAM is being used for caching then it's not unused RAM.

Unused RAM is wasted RAM.

The same place all memes come from; retards.

>tyre

third world fuck stain detected

I think your memes might be out of date
>you should have at least 8gb of RAM

I love having 16 GB RAM even if 75% of it goes unused most of the time.

Frugality, even if it's more likely to be a metaphor for potential.

>Why did you give up user? Unused RAM is wasted RAM.

There's an element of truth to it, RAM is used between the hard drive and the CPU as a faster form of memory. It is much quicker to reference RAM than it is the hard drive so every time the application has to wait on hard drive reads it would have been better if that data was already in RAM. If there is free RAM available and it isn't being used, then it is going to waste.

However, poor coding can lead to high RAM usage pointlessly, which can affect how much RAM other applications are able to access, slowing them down.

literally this
I have 4 systems with the following configurations:
i7 4790k + 16gb ram
i5 3470 + 8gb ram
i7 4500u + 8gb ram
core m3 5y10 + 4gb ram
They all perform the exact same for avaerage day-today tasks and that includes chrome with like 20 tabs open. I've never needed to recommend more than 4gb to any of my family.

People who think memory leaks are a feature.

12gb VRAM requires minimum 16gb RAM, now you know

from the idea that
>more ram makes your computer faster
get it yet you blithering retards

>Unused RAM is wasted RAM.
Modern OSs don't leave RAM unused

having more RAM allows more shit to be open instead of the OS selecting what can use the most RAM

This is RAM, right? How old is this shit? Is it any good?

8gb total of ddr2-800 (or PC2 6400)

From arch docs

Yeah look at Windows 10 and Google Chrome.
t. Debian Mustard Racer

Pajeet with lagdroid

How much should I ask for them?

i honestly have no idea
if you're doing the ebay route, look at what other people are selling theirs for

>Unused RAM is wasted RAM.
So why haven't you written an operating system that uses all RAM at all times?

examples
ebay.ca/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR12.TRC2.A0.H0.X4x2gb.TRS0&_nkw=4x2gb&_sacat=0

People who can't into foresight buffer. It's linked with spacial awareness..

Aka low IQ.

5GB + 5GB SWAP

Feels unused, man

It came from long time windows users trying Linux for the first time, running a task manager and seeing their RAM being used, then running to tell everyone how resource-havy Linux is compared to Windows, when if fact Linux used the RAM that Windows would have considered free for disk caches (i.e. "not wasting" it) and was ready to give it back anytime to the user's apps when needed, automatically. In this manner, Linux deliberately claimed beforehand and utilised all available RAM, because there was no point in having RAM modules installed if they were not being put to good use.

>unused [s]ram[/s] dedotaded wam is wasted ram

Fixed.

i tried my best

BigRamâ„¢

often you can sell old legacy stuff for about the same price or bit more as brand new ram would be, because its rare and hard to find now

I don't know but that saying fucked me with Android phones. As soon as they don't have free ram they start force closing everything.

They do, all modern OSes do.

>VRAM requires RAM
what

Chrome shills

Salespeople.

Lagdroid fans justifying the fact Android never has free memory because The Botnet uses all of it.

Nah he's probably american oh wait

That's just a cover up the mudslimes say to seem more rich
When you see pics of all those sports cars left in the desert 99% of the time its because the owner had unpaid debts and were arrested and the government will come back to sell it for super cheap at auction

Because it already exists

Came from the old days of computing when adding ram used to cost a truckload.

>unused ram is wasted ram
>used ram is shit

when does this autism end?

Google Chrome shills that try to defend its bloat.

Hello, Cyael

but it true, at least most OS use free ram as a cache of the disk

Unused ram is wasted ram. If you are "freeing" up ram then are are simply killing processes that will later spend more CPU time loading back into ram.

If your ram is full, you should buy more if you dont want to cache/swap disk all the time.

If your ram is not full, you are simply not using it and it is wasted. Likely you have some gay utility that is forcing your swap si that your fucking ram is not being utilized.

At any given point in time this can be true or false but of course the saying is statistically valid over an arbitrary timeframe.

because ram gets cheaper as time goes on so if you buy 100X more ram than you need at the time rather than upgrading when you need it, you got got.

That is still true but ram speeds keep changing and waiting to upgrade for too long can sometimes backfire on you big time. Once ram standard changes and companies stop making obsolete ram, vendors start charging a premium for it and screw you.

>yfw Bill Gates was right, he just got the number wrong by 4294311936 bytes

>tyre

it's true for an OS. memory not being used by active tasks should be filled up with file cache just to accelerate re-read of recent data, since having it empty would be wasteful.

it's also a poorfag rally cry to defend not having more than (insert current popular number) GB.