His next device won't have USB-C

>His next device won't have USB-C
Explain yourselves

This is the future. You're holding back progress

Other urls found in this thread:

intel.com/content/www/us/en/io/universal-serial-bus/usb3-frequency-interference-paper.html
amazon.com/DisplayPort-Z170-Motherboards-SABERTOOTH-MARK/dp/B015JKNDJ0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

My next device surely will have usb-c/tdb3 I'm always up for this kind of improvements.

It will have Type-C but it won't have Thunderbolt 3 most likely.

>implying I can even afford a next device

thanks for the laff

The cables are flimsy and expensive. If you buy the cheaper ones, they fry your device. USB type A is superior in every way except for the thin meme. Thin devices are also responsible for exploding devices.

My Thickpads keep me a few dollars richer and won't kill me. Seems like not using USB type C is a win win for me.

1. It already does and I consider it a mandatory feature on my future phone purchases unless a new, superior and more widely adopted standard supercedes it
2. That doesn't mean change for the sake of change is good. If I didn't think USB-C was an objective improvement I would avoid it, like "brave" phones that cut the 3.5mm jack.

>Cables are flimsy, cheap ones are garbage
That's literally every charging standard ever though. It'll take a year or two for good cables to hit the market.

Why would a dragon dildo have USB-C?

my fucking zte zmaxx pro has usb c and its a bargain

It's a Nokia faggot

>too intallgence for hard wire data tranfers

>His USB C port is USB 2.0
Macfags will defend this
Dongleport3 fags need not apply

My concern with usb c is it's strength. Not hard to brush a plugged in device and snap the something.
I'd rather they just upgrade usb a with more wires. It holds securely in the port, not sure how good c is. Just seems like a port that's due to flop really. Just pushed by mobile manufactures because of space issues.

USB-C is garbage. I honestly wish we would use Lightning instead of that abomination but then again its USB. It became shit beyond every measure since OG USB 3.0

Forgot pic

USB Type C is shit.

connector is kinda shit

what happened past original USB3.0?

wow this esoteric graphic with some blue and green really convinced me of your point

what exactly am I looking at here?

My next device will be the Nintendo switch so it will

As for my next phone? It depends on what they put into the note 8 I am still on note 5 cause FUCK to S series

>his current device doesnt have type-c
fucking kek op

green and blue you dumbass
don't you even know about the green and blue?

I wont buy a new phone until I get one with removable battery and microsd (so never). Until then I'll stick to my note 4.

My current device has USB C. All of my next devices will have USB C.

I fucking hate USB micro connectors.

Its a waterfall RF spectrum plot showing 2.4GHz band interference. You can test it yourself by putting a plugged in USB3.0 device near your laptop's antennas and see how your 2.4GHz WiFi connection drops. This applies to all wireless technologies operating on 2.4GHz band and is the exact reason why USB3.0 is rarely seen on RF sensitive devices like say routers unless they're expensive and manufacturer could afford putting extra RF shielding.

brutal... fuck

>has money for usb-c devices
>uses old 2.4 ghz wifi shitbox

>5 Ghz
>have 1 wall between you and router
>no signal
genius

Its inexcusable for any wired standard to leak out strong RF interference my friendo and 2.4GHz beats 5GHz every time in terms of range given the same input power

My device already has USB-C...

What chink shit are you buying that leaks that much RFI?
if anything just buy a large roll of EMI shielding and line your shit with it

I enjoy holding back progress.

Im not crazy about usb c. I had a Moto Z play, returned it. Bought an LG G5 instead, sold it. I like micro usb, its the most widely used for bluetooth headsets. I like having one cable in my work truck that does my phone and headset.

I didn't like how fuck huge the plug was at the phone and how stiff the cables were. I'm sure it'll get better in the future, but ill wait for improvements. Currently on a desprintified s7 I got for super cheap.

Except nobody cares and you just stay behind.

>His next device won't be made by transgendered individuals
Explain yourselves

This is the future. You're holding back progress

See what happens when you plug in a USB3.0 port to Macbook "Pro" 2016. Smaller and more dense devices are more prone to USB3's RFI and I was happy as fuck to see how Apple failed to account for that with their newest Macbook.Think even Rossman observed that but never realised what was causing it since he's not necessarily the most educated person. Honestly hope more people would realise just how shit USB3 really is.

Show a waterfall RF spectrum of plugging in a USB type C then

>yet another port
I'm starting to miss the days of d-ports and giant printer serial slots that just bridged devices instead of selling themselves as the solution to life's ills.

Sadly I don't have any USB3 devices with C type connector to measure its RFI but I don't expect it to be significantly better. See Feel free to look it up.

How am I holding back progress then?

>superior in every way expect for thin
Wrong. Symmetrical meme too

So your against what exactly? USB 3? USB in general?

All android phones released in 2016-17 still in microUSB.
Newest motherboards use USB 2.0/3.0.
Dont exist Type C pendrives.

USB 3. USB 2.0 was fine.

BTW just so you don't think I'm talking out of my ass Intel even released a white paper about this exact issue
intel.com/content/www/us/en/io/universal-serial-bus/usb3-frequency-interference-paper.html

why cant i just have usb c and display port for all the things

phone, tablet, tv, pc, monitors and car

why even fucking live

Do what do you want to happen? Everyone use USB 2 or they just address the issue and release USB4 or some shit that fixed the RF leak?

>RF leaking all over the place from USB drive
>potential data from the drive in that noise that can be intercepted
good thing this doesn't affect anything, right guys?

It wouldn't make sense to force everyone to use slow USB2.0 all over again. USB4 or whatever the next iteration of USB addressing it would be nice. Or we could just switch to Thunderbolt which AFAIK doesn't pose this issue but that's pretty much impossible given the amount of legacy USB devices, cost of Thunderbolt controllers, limitations on cable lengths as so on.

and now you know why i use fiber optic cables instead of ethernet for sensitive contracts
(finances and banking)

everything is essentially a antenna and everything is giving off electro magnetic radiation

Thunderbolt is a meme
What about an even worse meme like Firewire?

Nexus 6P has a USB 2.0C port

FW was actually really well designed. Obviously faster than USB2 back then, required less CPU overhead for data transfers and ofc no RF problems. You gotta give it to Sony engineers who designed it. It died because Intel didn't back it so if manufacturers wanted to offer Firewire interface in their device they had to buy and implement additional controller to handle it. It could be a really interesting landscape these days with Firewire being still around. If Intel would've backed it back then then we would all be probably using some iteration of Firewire now.

Gonna get one also user. Ya think it will be available at launch? I want to order in online from Target.

The main difference between USB and Firewire was that USB is Client-Host while FW was Peer to Peer so technically chained FW devices were capable of talking directly to each other without the need to go through the Host (most often a PC) and this huge architectural difference allowed FW to be daisychained while maintaining low latency communication.
For example imagine copying data from one HDD to another HDD over Firewire. Because of P2P architecture they would be directly sending data between each other without the need to pass every frame of data through the Host controller (a PC) and its CPU only to output it to target HDD like you have to with USB. Its much more efficient for data transfers. I was hoping to dig out an old white paper about it but it must be somewhere deep in my archive. God knows where.

Probably not. Nintendo is infamous for not having enough of anything at launch as an excuse to jack up prices

>Sony engineers who designed it
???

I thought Thunderbolt was primarily a collaboration between Apple and Intel.

>His next mobo/case won't have USB-C

they need to hurry the fuck up

FW == Firewire. That post was about Firewire. I think you miss read it

Everything I own uses USB Type A
I'll use Type C once its less prone to fire and more shit uses it

Thanks user. It was actually refreshing to hear something like this on Sup Forums

>his phone doesn't have Thunderbolt 4
l m a o f a m

Do you work with these kind of systems or do you just have autism?

is this just to assist retards who don't know which way to plug it in?

I'm a low level protocol and software architect so both I guess.

>Sup Forums doesn't like Thunderbolt 3
Gesus Christ.

That explains a lot

Cheers bro, just ordered a usb c hard drive encosure and cord for mine. I hope it helps since my 128gb sd and 128gb samsung fit just aren't cutting it

It doesn't matter how good something is if nothing uses it

my current devices already have type c

amazon.com/DisplayPort-Z170-Motherboards-SABERTOOTH-MARK/dp/B015JKNDJ0
>Using this much of a memeboard

very interesting. why didnt intel back it up? what are the negatives with firewire?

My current zuk z2 and previous mi 4c both had type c.

But he has to show Sup Forums how much of a gaymer he is!

this might shock you but there are people in this world who make enough money to buy things that look nice and perform well and dont always have to choose the poorer options

I know there are. And you aren't one of them
Shitty plastic covering most of your mobo does not look good

what does that even suppose to do? spread the heat around using conduction?

thermal armor looks good. keeps dust out of the important shit and is easier to clean off. the IO dust caps are nice too. the only downside is the sound port dust caps are extremely easy to lose

there is no reason not to buy the sabertooth mk1 when you can afford it. it has all the same features as other asus boards, and it's the best pick of the z170 chipset boards - if you're willing to spend the cash.

keep using off-topic arguments to project away all that cuck anger for why you buy cheap ugly shit and stay mad poor child.

>Dust gets under shitty plastic
>Have to take it off to clean
amazing
>Paying almost double for pieces of plastic
wew

>His

But I'm a girl.

>cheap chinese chink fuck AC router with usb 3
>no wifi issues on 5 or 2.4ghz
sounds like it's just a matter of companies being jews more than anything really

My next device is a Nintendo Switch, which is USB-C

controllers, cost of implementation
USB is cheap as fuck to implement that's why it won

>nothing uses it
Every USB C device works with it.
Every USB 1, 2, and 3 device works with it using a (passive) dongle.
External GPU enclosures work with it.
4K displays work with it.
DisplayPort works with it using a (passive) dongle
All-in-one port extenders work with it.

Not getting TB3 leaves you stranded with 10Gbps.

post dick

>xz

this guy knows whats up

>muh white background is default cause wysiwyg even if never going to be printed

do you guys still get dust in your computers? get a dust filter. literally never had to clean my computer.

So this is the power of autism, whoa

>His next device won't have USB-C
>not buying an AM4 mobo that has it
WRONG

what about micro B, and mini D?

>Symmetrical meme too
Why, though? You can't possibly not know which side to insert USB plug in.

>mini D
Well, this one you have already.

Surface book has no USB C somehow

Kys

With USB c I can use the same cable for literally anything, the same cable charges my phone and laptop

not that guy. Intel pushed USB initially because it used a lot of cpu to manage the interface. More cpu demands == higher end cpus sold.

firewire is a lot like SCSI in that the cpu could be pretty hands off.

Who's not using USB C other than Samshit?

Intel delaying progress by being jews yet again

Nigger, my phone has had USB-C for over a year already. You get with the times.

what does C do that matters?