ITT: Interfaces that lasted the test of time

Do you mean the keyboard? Was it invented by that?

That's almost the opposite in this case. They can't decide where to put shit. Unless we're only talking about a "rec" button.

I really like how shoulder cameras are designed, they feel so utilitarian.

>you need a phD to find anything on that
>utilitarian
pick one

the layout hasn't changed in decades dude

If you mean "where to put the microphone" or the lens etc. that's not interface, that's construction and it usually covers material necessities, not actual interface.

they're actually pretty simple once you know the menu system, and once you've learnt one, you've learnt them all.

What would you want? A touchscreen? Get real.

>a lot of clearly labeled buttons confuse me
user..

No, it's just that a professional tool that changes its inner interfaces so rapidly every brand or iteration is not tested in time, e.g. here is a professional tool that is more tested in time.

>if it's complicated it makes me smart to say I get it eventually
that's not the point you retard, everyone can get it eventually
it's about being better than that first level of mess

Worthless, a measure tape is enough.

ye, whatever, trying doing it on your own on 10+ meters. you'll need a second person or you'll spend 3X. and you'll have inaccuracies.

>large scale work
Get a professional you conceited poorfag.

>I-i saw someone else do it so I can do it myself!
No.

I am a professional you moronic shit.

Sure, now everyone's a professional.

Hope you didn't go to university to get the skill tomeasure distances using a toy.

IDK about that, it seems like every microwave I encounter is different, and less intuitive than the last.
>Press three (3) because I want a 30 second cook
>Microwave immediately starts coming for three minutes.
Hate that shit.

Needs batteries. Need line of sight to target. Reflective surfaces can confuse it.

Retired film industry friend taught us to pull tape to get focus, this was on our old cams that didn't do focus peaking, but did give focus distance. Other friend thought he'd be all high-tech and shit by getting a laser measure. Shit didn't work the first time we tried it on set. Tape measure takes all of 5 seconds to pull, and you can drop it and not worry about fucking it up.

If you're going to troll you have to know the technology. The tape is shit compared to it when it can be used. Problem is it doesn't show the laser at all when there is bright light, e.g. in the sunlight.

>The tape is shit compared to it when it can be used.
Which will probably be 3% cases when someone needs to measure a space.
Is a laser measure useful? yes. Will it largely replace the tape measure? never.

goddamn, I thought Sup Forums rats infesting Sup Forums was myth

nobody told you it will always replace it you moronic shit. fuck off with the strawmans.. in fact BOTH are useless in long distances in certain cases.

A power drill.

prove me wrong

> just a button, one button
not much can change there!
I guess you're technically right

Do you have still constantly updated teletext in ur cunt?

*ing

Literally nobody ever wanted to use that. How is that tested in time?

Cameras in that price range are beyond bullshit gimmicks.

I've never seen that. How did it last the test of time?

Bowling you mong

oh, I guess it's a burger thing.

I hated this design 15 years ago and I still hate it now. It does not fit ANY car interior, old or new, and yet every aftermarket stereo with rare exceptions looks like that.

the VT100 itself is pretty much the gold standard of terminals

Hrm. It's still used though. What design would you prefer?

Dead technology. Only used by memesters. Real programmers have moved to IDEs.

not him but a head unit that actually looks like it belongs in a typical car and not a teenager's beater rice rocket would be nice

Grey color but same I guess.

Look at some Blaupunkt stereos mang

I don't think you know what a terminal is for user...

No. Pajeet programmers moved to IDEs

Kek what a fuxking retard

WTF. The multi-billion dollar company I work for has every single employee from the warehouse to the CEO using IBM AIX. Get a job dude.

Is that even an interface? A VT100 is mainly a form factor of screen right? Unless you mean the generic method of typing text and returning something on top which is literally everything called "terminal" ever.

You have to come back.

Still the superior way to microwave. Got a new microwave a couple of days and got it specifically with dials like these. Why do you the fuck would you need anything more fancy to heat up your burritos?

>But dials break down user.

>iPhone 7

Are people still modding car stereos? I remember this being a thing from mid 90's to mid 00's. Nowadays I mostly see stock stereos in cars.

>Are people still modding car stereos? I remember this being a thing from mid 90's to mid 00's. Nowadays I mostly see stock stereos in cars.
stock stereos finally caught up and have aux / bluetooth

>stock stereos finally caught up and have aux / bluetooth
exactly and many are touchscreen. so OP didn't really stand the test of time

if I ever bought a brand new car, I'd pull the touchscreen radio out put something like this in

How new are you to "technology?" Did you just find EEVblog? Did someone tell you a 465 is "just as good" as a DSO? We have squishy buttons and comfy knobs now user.

These dials last forever

Or, alternatively, are becoming too integrated and complicated for modding. See modern Volvo radios, all fiber optic cables, hardware DRM and proprietary data protocols

every pro dlsr has the same form factor.

Pencils are a timeless way to interface with paper.

Meh

Quite new, yes. DSO's are comfortable to use. And their interfaces are based on these old and proven knobs that allow you to use any oscilloscope right away even if you never saw it before.

He isn't necessarily wrong though

WinAmp definitely died. Only users left are there for nostalgia or because they stopped giving a shit.

I stopped using Winamp & I don't give a shit

>not lever style

best post itt
1911 or nothing.

i know i couldn't stop laughing.
the internet is such a mix of shitworlders and irony i can't tell who's rusing who anymore

Holy shit I dig this, never seen it IRL though.

or i don't know, be a trained professional? have you never had a job, user?

Indeed, AIMP is better in every way

To bad the shoulder buttons always wore out and the wire split from the casing.

>not going vintage

I still mod them with different OP amps/caps or add higher voltage preouts. Or add new inputs and higher quality internals to older head units because vintage head units are beautiful.

>wanting carnivorous dinosaurs in your house

This is the best argument in this entire thread.

>Sony got rid of this on the PS4 to try and hide all the features they stripped away

fucking this. stayed a friends house when i was moving. he had had this fancy new microwave with crazy unintuitive buttons where the big green one was actually not OK.

also his electric hotplates had a hidden 5 second touch to unlock and then 5 button presses to get to high and then pots would trigger the buttons when you moved them.

His kettle and toaster were mind fucks too. Literally perfect modern marble kitctchen with the worst user interfaces i have ever seen in my existance. It still hurts my head when i think about them.

not if you hack the mainframe

Why arnt there any aftermarket receivers that even remotely look like a factory unit?

Why not a 2-tone back lit lCD instead of this blue flashing nonsense?

Why make the volume knob 3 times as large as it needs to be, and every other button 3 times smaller?

Why have all the superfluous bullshit audio levels?

They design these things like they are marketing to an 8 year old in a toy aisle.

Oh the faceplate pops off? Like anyone was going to steal this piece of shit to begin with.

I've only seen low-income black people and retarded highschoolers install that kind of radio in their cars

it was actually semi-popular many years ago but now its considered ghetto
>tfw have one in my car but too lazy to replace it

they're more common in older cars for the aux jack and usb port
I'd replace a touchscreen with one for the tactile response of actual buttons

>Literally made 100x better in the next version

get on my level

I can't stand touchscreen stereos, I can't change the volume or the station without looking.

Fags of a feather gay together