My friend is upgrading his rig and I said he would let me buy his old parts...

My friend is upgrading his rig and I said he would let me buy his old parts, how much should I pay for an i5-2500k with and asus p8p67 pro motherboard and 8GB of random ddr3 ram?

250usd

>rig

is that what the inside of the lid looks like?

>My friend is upgrading his rig and I said he would let me buy his old parts, how much should I pay
As low as he'll sell it

>tech board
>cant figure out how to look at sold listings on ebay.
>Sup Forums controls prices

sold one of my p67 for $60
and 4x2 8gb xms3 kit for $35

Small oil rigs need computer control as well you know.

>My friend is upgrading his rig and I said he would let me buy his old parts
>and I said he would let me buy his old parts
>and I said he would let me
>and I said

Nothing, It'd be cheaper to wait for Ryzen 3

the 1100 4c/4t will be about 129.99, motherboard anywhere from 50-80
RAM will be 50-60 for 8GB

WAIT tm
If you can't I suppose 150 wouldn't be bad for a deprecated CPU, mobo, and RAM with no warranty.

But no more than 200, that's trash.

>Nothing, It'd be cheaper to wait for Ryzen 3
In the long run anyways.

Not really, it's an artistic illustration. The actual inside is black where the illustration shows the cool colour shit (the cpu die).

Sure, I fucked that one up. But it was me who suggested I should buy his old parts, to which he replied "uuhm, sure I guess".

But R3 isn't coming out that soon, which is why it seems tempting to buy some old stuff. If the price is too high I'll obviously wait, likely for the cheapest R5 and not all the way until R3.
I personally think 150 seems a bit much when Ryzen is right around the corner, but I'll have to see how cheap I can get him to sell it. I guess fixing his bike a couple of months ago should count as negotiation material.

the quality of posts is very important to this community

Like I mentioned, It'd be cheaper in the long run. Why buy a mobo that old with only one upgrade path that you can't buy new from a trusted source?

If you go AM4 you've got performance for today with options for tomorrow.

I guess I'll have to hear how low he's willing to go. If he won't go under $100 I'll rather wait for R5, but if I can talk him into selling for $50-$75 I'll buy it.

250$ until march
100$ or less after march.

let that sink in

About three fiddy.

Oh yeah? He will "let you" take his old crappy outdated parts of him for a nominal fee? what a swell guy.

$60-$70
no more.

You do know this is an 18+ site, right?

175-250 USD is the ceiling pre-Ryzen. Honestly though I wouldn't bother as it's extremely bad right now. Intel i5 or i7 K series parts (new or old) are pretty much low to mid range CPU's now that Ryzen is here. I'd be skeptical of them being worth using in the lower end as YMMV there.

$100-150 depending on how much you value his friendship

whats up with the 2500k ive heard it before. is it a meme