Find a flaw

Find a flaw

Other urls found in this thread:

wpvulndb.com
twitter.com/AnonBabble

the flaw is that you dont have 100% control over everything but its not needed for 99% of people

god tier for blog fags

Hard enough to use while it pretends to be very easy.
Might as well go from scratch and build your own.
There are better WYSIWGs for normies now.

>PHP
>Javascript
>a tangled mess of logic, content and presentation

found two:
-le find a flaw shit not getting spamblocked/instabanned
-90% of the account theft spam I receive contains a link to a hacked memepress site

Everything only people using because any cheap host had it.

It's a dynamic CMS for a purpose where static generated pages are enough.

>flaw
no flaws. That's why it's used by almost the entirety of the internet.

It is easy money, I literally make 100 €/h building sites with wordpress.

By virtue of being the biggest name in town you can guarantee your shitty wordpress site will be hacked and spewing spam within 6 months of launch.
Also it is just bad, ugly code, overly complicated to setup your own themes and it feels like it's breaking under it's own legacy PHP cose.
I think it really stinks.

Please explain.

That's why you sell "maintenance packages" to clients for 150/200 € a year, which consists in keeping shit up to date.
If you are not retarded you can automatize that shit, so you basically get paid to do literally fucking nothing.

Clients provide texts, images and tells me what pages they want.
I pretend to be working on the shit for a couple of weeks while it only takes me no more than a day of work to build the site.
For a 10 page sites (privacy policy and shit included) you bill more than 1000 €.

>PHP

A pretty major flaw desu.

Thousands of them: wpvulndb.com

Not made in .NET

You can actually control absolutely everything there.

They asked at my work for a internal site, for employees to upload their expenses, download their payroll forms and that's kind of stuff... So I went up to patch the hell out of the corporate blog, only because I didn't want to have a second username..

My point is, everything is modified to perfection, of course it can updates because it works via pluggable system.

You just need to be not pajeet in order to modify your surroundings, pretty good crud template and time tested sanitation functions

faggot its perfect

I agree, their functions are pretty safe for xss attacks and SQL infections, and modifying the database is easy as fuck with their objects

You mean Web Forms, Web Pages or MVC or Core ASP

.Net is cancer for the web.

t. C# MVP Corporate Software Senior Architect

>.Net is cancer for the web.

Different guy here. say I want to make a fancy responsive website using bootstrap, how do I go about converting it to wordpress so it's easy to say add news articles, blog updates, etc.

Also I hear that you don't have 100% control over your code. I know HTML and CSS so would I be able to completely customize the website in wordpress alone?

>hard to use
>Might as well go from scratch

Wix user detected

Why the fuck not to be honest. I mean, WordPress tries to be that as well anyway and while it tries to do that it might even make it worse it both confines you into the borders of its design, and it's not that extremely easy.
If a normie actually wants something easy and WYSIWG why not just go on one of those purely web based ones. Only problem is they are sometimes closed source with questionable futures.

It's quick work?

I started programming my own blog from scratch in july last year. It's still far from done.

destroyed real journalism

Is there any better CMS for self hosting? Honestly interested as I do host a few sites and would like to move away from the bloated mess that WP is to something that can look nice but is pretty simple and allows me control over everything.

>"le"

It exists

There are migration tools from and to other CMS, a site made from scratch with the latest hipster framework is a whole different animal tho.
Wordpress is open source, you have 100% control as long as you know the appropriate languages (PHP, js, html and css).
You want to modify less shit as possible, the more you touch the code the higher the possibility of something breaking in the future.

Building your own CMS is retarded expensive, you will never find someone willing to pay you for that.
It literally takes thousands of hours to make something like wordpress.

Name a cms that isn't open source. There's literally dozens of them around, each serves it's purpose. Wordpress is for BLOGS. If your making a static site for a client almost any other framework will be better then trying to avoid the core selling point of wordpress which is it's blogging features.
Silvestripe and OctoberCMS are both way better general purpose CMS's.

>webforms

php

better CMSs out there.

I often miss a couple very basic features. The documentation isn't very good. And working with a child theme can be confusing.

But with my own self-made theme it works perfectly.

write content

push to git

use CI to build content into viewable pages

push new content to server

No, not really, wordpress is much much more than a blog, you just need to install the right plugins.