Using refurbished SSDs

>using refurbished SSDs
Their hemorrhaging money, aren't they?

Other urls found in this thread:

affiliate-program.amazon.com/help/operating/compare?ref_=pe_2511080_224596230
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Some context on what the hell you're talking about would be nice OP

Their being forced to use shit tier refurbished Kingston SSDs in their server because Intel has dumped them as a partner after LTT has started covering the Ryzen launch

he cut his balls so he could become a male whore

At least they will stop shilling Intel CPUs, that's a win

He cut his balls off to sell them to a lab trying to genetically engineer the perfect shill.

When you pay 10 fucking people to edit 1 fucking video;
when you are out of ideas for videos and have to actively pursue ways to break shit so you can make videos about it, but you get bad rep from it because you look retarded now;
when you have to get your wife to do book-keeping because you can't afford managers;
when your revenue, no matter how big it is, is almost all negated by retarded bills and retarded staff management, to the point where your end profit is less than a hotel room keeper's for twice as much wasted hours and work;
then you bet your fucking ass you are hemorrhaging.

YouTube is a one-man or two-man job.
Everyone who had the brain to understand this is currently rich, like all the top YouTubers.
Everyone who hasn't is bleeding as much money as they make, like LinusLossTips.

Their sure are : ^)

didnt they just buy a 8k red camera for their "floatplane club" lmao

they only get good shit when it's donated to them, or given for reviews with no intention of returning

If they were smart they would split Luke off onto a subsidiary channel and pool revenue. They probably aren't making mad money but they keep the lights on. I think the issue is they waste money on stupid shit. If they had more cheap, interesting videos like Scrapyard Wars they'd be more profitable.

This. But youtubers are fucking lazy, when alot of them get successful they think it's time to hire people to do all of their "work" for them

his entire shtick could be a 1-man job
instead he's got an entire company
dumb

see also Paul's Hardware and a ton of other parts channels

Hell see fucking Muselk or any other "personality" channel. He could legitimately branch out by doing some tech reviews, maybe on a side channel.

Whatever they do they seem to do in a very cost ineffective way.

Before I watched their video on how they make money I genuinely expected them to be a company that provides ad-making services to other people/companies (I never bothered to visit their website) which would sort of explain 10 editors, 2-3 cameramen and a fucking warehouse studio.

But then they tell me that shilling products on YouTube is literally all they do.

They could easily pull that stuff of with him, the fat dude, a decent editor and a cameraman.

>Everyone who had the brain to understand this is currently rich, like all the top YouTubers.
Most top youtubers have huge teams. Even fucking Jontron has a 10 man team according to his latest FAQ video.

I think h3h3 and Idubbbz are in the minority that don't have a huge team.

>Most top youtubers have huge teams.
The only ones who have large teams are the ones branching out into other areas where sponsorship forces teams upon them, or who need to use other teams as a fallback (that bearded hated fag whose name i forgot).
PewdieGoy is an example.

I dunno, seems like his life is pretty sorted. Wife, kids, nice house. He probably has a lot more fun the way he's doing things now.

ah ok, guess he is livin da lyfe
honestly tinkering about at your "home office" is cake either way

Interesting, I thought all they do is make YouTube videos, but they have a whole warehouse and like 5 other staff that I've seen, what the hell do they do?

I have to wonder how much they actually make considering their staff is pretty big for a

>what the hell do they do?
Irresponsibly waste money,
and waste 80 hours a week attempting to think up, and create, bad videos where they sodomize themselves so some manufacturer/brand can send them "free" shit that actually cost them more than they would have spent having normal jobs with normal working hours.

They have a tech forum where they post Amazon affiliate links.

Who the fuck visits tek forums now.

they made 17.5k CAD (might have been USD, not sure) A MONTH from amazon affiliates two years ago

that number is probably bigger today

I'm sure half of that goes to taxes, of not more

sounds like you're just assmad that some people are successful on youtube lol

Some people don't have to work 80 hours a week to get as much money as Linus, and have actual free time to enjoy life, so i'm not feeling your implications.

It's balanced by tax writeoffs.

he doesn't work 80-hour weeks

>Linus gets paid to fuck around with expensive electronics
>Linus gets to fuck his petite Asian wife every day
>Linus has a family and a healthy social life
Sup Forums just hates him because you guys are jealous.

They do corporate videos and shit like that

>REEE MUH ELLIOT RODGER REEEE

Yeah, he works even more.
Between managing his staff, thinking about what to do when YouTube and other sites cut his ad revenue and pull random shit, having to find new sites as fallbacks, attempting to think up videos which isn't a quick nor easy task, attempting to create and edit said videos, having to deal with constantly breaking shit like his server, having to deal with his child, having to deal with fair use systems and possible lawsuits and how to avoid them which goes with the job as a YouTuber,
his life is a nightmare.

you sound retarded

You sound mad.

i can change my mad but you can't change your retarded

There last year income was 2.6Mil CND
Its projected this year to be 3.2Mil

So i think they're ok.

>income
That's nice.
Now tell us their profit.
What? You don't know income and profit are two different things?

Lol Linus crap tips is literally like most of Sup Forums then hahahahahahaha

there is a reason that they have to have 3 ads per video

>projecting this hard
>HAD YOU SAID THINGS THAT NEVER HAPPEND

wew

Profits are 680k last year.

>be Australian
>watch LTT

It's nice that amazon cutting affiliates program for pc parts and electronics in half then.
affiliate-program.amazon.com/help/operating/compare?ref_=pe_2511080_224596230

So is that after paying salary to all employees? Even if it isn't it's still like 22k/person if they have 30 guys (of course everyone isn't paid equally but still).

>finance 101 is now projecting
No wonder everyone thinks Sup Forums is retarded with people like yourself populating it.

Gamers Nexus is better than LTP nowadays

You would count salarys before calaulating profits.

You seem to be mad

maybe turn off the screen for a few minutes and calm down :)

>You seem to be mad
You sound uneducated. Sadly your problem can't be fixed, while my mad can.

Some stoner that reads of sheets of paper and tells people not to preorder ryzen cause hes riding intel cock

yeah no thanks ;)

I'm not proud about it, but I've watched a lot of their videos.
It seems they just fuck around using whatever they have laying around

Assuming you're talking about the stupid water cooled pc stuffed in a 2U. The refurbished SSDs he used came from his very old personal desktop where he ran 8 of them in raid 0 because gotta go fast.
I would assume if they were able to last that long, they are probably reliable enough to continue on.

But you don't explain why ?

Little mad boy on Sup Forums trying to get attention awww look at the baby :3

I watched that video and got the impression that he just isn't fond of preordeding in general. Which is smart.

This time though it would have made sense to preorder, keep sealed and then return if benchmarks are shit. The demand is high and all.

You don't know the difference between income and profit, and you spelled salaries as "salarys".
If there is a person on this planet who is the most uneducated when it comes to basic life matters, they are 2nd only to you.

They are much more data driven and dry than LTP, which is literally Tech PewDiePie now.

>think he's losing money

they have 3 channels and multiple sponsor plugs per video and then YT ads then they a store for shirts etc and a forum that probably has some buy in option/ads

linus is going for quantity on most stuff to even out. Few vids get millions views which prob help him a bit more

Don't forget for a small price he'll suck yo dick.

Profits are the $$$ that the boss gets my friend. Salaries are part of the operating costs. Did you really think the government taxes your income twice?

SSDs fail mostly because the controller failed. Otherwise they may fail because of excessive writes but if they do wear leveling accross multiple SSDs that won't be a problem for a long time.

Don't forget that YouTube halved ad revenue,
that they used to pay 30 cents to $10 per 1,000 views (albeit i think this is before the ad fuckage), and that he also has to pay loads to the YouTube intermediaries so they can make sure that his vids are "fair use" insured and never taken down even if that is the case.
YouTube is also moving onto comment numbers as the new calculation system for i can't remember what.

YouTube ain't as profitable as it was in the past.

Actually profits are what the company makes, not the boss. The only reason I had to ask if that was before or after salaries, was because you can't trust people on chinese jpeg forums.

>SSDs fail mostly because
Controller failed, firmware got bugged, electrical fuckup influenced it.

Thankfully there are some people in this world who don't only use SSD's, but also HDD's to counteract these problems since even a controller chip failure won't do anything except stop the platter heads, while the platters are intact with all the info on them ready for retrieval.

There's too many retards in this world who think one is a replacement of another. One of them happened to be Linus.