>decide to try it out
>install it
>fails
>try again
>fails
>try again without any form of encryption this time
>works

Why is it so bad and insecure?

Personally I am not sure. Installation went like a dream for me. I really enjoy this distro and am not really considering anything else atm. Pretty comfy.

Manjaro seems nice, but without the encryption, I don't feel comfy.

I guess I can try encrypting my home post install.

You only need to worry about encryption if you are doing things illegal user

That's a stupid and dangerous thinking.

Because I'm not doing illegal things doesn't mean I should forget about encryption.

What's the point in using this over antergos?

Confirmed for pedo terrorist.

Nice projection m8

There isn't any.

does manjaro plan to drop i686?

>projection
I'm not the one encrypting my hard drives worrying about the feds busting through the door user.

I'd be really confused if the feds come busting through the door seeing that I don't live in the US.

So was Kim Dotcom.

nice quads user

dunno, I dualboot mandingo on my mbp 2012, works fine with the encryption, what do you install it on?

T-thanks, you t-too.

XPS 13 (9360)

Manjaro 16.10 stable wouldn't boot from USB, so I had to go with unstable release, which booted fine. Not sure if using unstable release is the cause but considering I can install it fine without enabling encryption, probably not. Even installed calamares-dev to see if that fixes it, it didn't.

Ah well, not much of loss here, just a bit of my time, I'm at the stage where I'm distro hopping and see what I'll end up sticking with.

>16.10
Why is it using Ubuntu numbering?

they have their own update cycle and their own default packages afaik?

Well, it's not that much different from Arch, but Manjaro holds back the packages for 1-2 weeks (for stable) and couple of days (for unstable), from what I can see anyway.

Year:Month of release

>Why is it so bad and insecure?
>Arch Linux derivative

Did you install the KDE version? Because I had lots of stability problems with the KDE version.

Xfce version.

Anyways I ended going with Antergos and changed trackpad drivers from synaptics to libinput, comfy as fuck now.

they're waiting to see what happens with arch group that said would step up to maintaining i686

Because it's a shittier ripoff of arch. It has slower and more incompetent developers. It also has its own shittier and smaller repos (you get packages a week later and they break more than arch).

Devs are absolute idiots, forgot to renew SSL certs twice and their solution was to ask users to roll back their clocks.

lol k