You literally can't make this shit up

You literally can't make this shit up

Other urls found in this thread:

express.co.uk/life-style/science-technology/772735/windows-10-download-creators-update-security-apps-download
windowscentral.com/windows-10-creators-update-will-allow-you-turn-win32-app-block-outside-store
mspoweruser.com/windows-10-build-15042-for-pcs-and-build-15043-for-mobile-heads-to-windows-insiders/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

sorry but this looks fake as fuck my friend

here's the link
express.co.uk/life-style/science-technology/772735/windows-10-download-creators-update-security-apps-download

Honestly i hope this will kill off shitty malware sites like download.com and shitty 3rd party installers filled with toolbars. I'm surprised MS hasn't done it sooner.

I mean Windows users already don't give a fuck about freedom, so why would that upset them anyway?

I doubt it. Many people did not upgrade to 10

we mac os now

No, but you can sperg out over nothing like a fucking retard.

faggot

Just get Windows 7 or go Linux/Ubuntu.

>Windows is only useful to me because xyz obscure app only works on it
>xyz is no longer compatible with Windows
Unironically the year Windows 7 extended support ends might be year of the Linux desktop

t. pajeet or really stupid windows apologist
I'm just warning you faggots now. Don't sperg out when microsoft literally makes your computer and games useless.

>sperg out over nothing
>Microsoft moving towards a closed ecosystem
I mean, if Microsoft intentionally destroying Windows is nothing, sure

Windows power users only use it for compatibility. If Microsoft breaks that, their ONLY MARKET will be as a cut rate iOS for cheap laptops

GNU/Linux*

WINPOOJEETS ON SUICIDE WATCH

>Microsoft effectively makes it impossible to use Steam and thousands of PC games
>console shitters finally have a legitimate reason to shit on PCucks in Sup Forums

I feel like if you're unironically on windows 10 at this point you've already given up all semblance of freedom and control. This move is not surprising at all.

Just another reason not to use windows 10

There's no such thing as a Windows fanboy. Only disgruntled users who wish there was a better alternative that didn't have dick all software compatibility, and paid shills. Nobody is btfo except Microsoft investors.

>Valve invests a billion of their NEETbux into WINE and SteamOS
>Sup Forums saves Linux
>???
>Sup Forums hates Linux because it becomes mainstream
>Year of the Plan 9 desktop threads

THIS IS THE FUTURE YOU W10 KEKS CHOSE

>Sup Forums tells me that Linux is more popular in enterprise and industrial applications because it's apparently easier to work with
>yet literal refrigerators run Windows

I moved back to Windows 7 from 10 in January and plan to move to Linux and a Win7 VM when long term 7 support ends

>co.uk
cUK fags doing faggot cUK shit again
nothing new here, carry on folks.

Derptops are dying with windows

MS are already moving everything of worth into the cloud.

The Apple MacBook Pro with Retina Display doesn't have this problem.

At the cost of killing hundreds of useful legacy programs and further intrusion and less control for the user over his own fucking machine?

It's great that this would kill off steam, uplay, origin, and other shitty game clients, but microsofts alternative is not better. I think it would be better if they lost all progress and sourcecode they've written during the past 15 years. Make a return of Windows 2000 with proper user control and make offline activation and physical media the norm again.

Windows can be pretty OK again, if they do as I say.

DISABLED BY DEFAULT HAHAHAHAHA

Sup Forums BTFO

windowscentral.com/windows-10-creators-update-will-allow-you-turn-win32-app-block-outside-store

Its an oppurtunity to further butcher the microsoft reputation by using this. Besides, if it comes as "default" option it WILL become the "only" option in the future. Also majority of win10 users are tech illiterates or Sup Forums gaymen so they won't even have a clue about why they can't install shit anymore.

If they're not making money then what's the point?

This is what MS haters wanted

>disabled by default
>I still install whatever I feel like
>donĀ“t have to deal with normies that installed the "I just wanted to watch the sports channel and now it says I have a virus".exe anymore

Can you remind me why this is a bad thing again?

>winfags WILL accept this

It literally says that it's an optional feature. It's not going to force users to only use Windows store applications.

>reading comprehension

>It literally says that it's an optional feature.
Yeah, like telemetry and forced updates was only part of the beta right? good times...

I'm actually okay with this as long as you can still install programs from "third party outlets" by checking some box.

But I made that up

What hidden meaning is there then? It's optional, and opt-in at that, what is the problem now?

Windows 10 home will be replaced by "Cloud" in april this year, and this will be marketed as an """upgrade""" to make computers more secure by only allowing installation of store apps. All customers will get the upgrade because they can't turn off automatic updates. If they want to tun normal third-party windows programs, they will conveniently have the option to buy Windows 10 pro for only $200.
And since most users won't because they can barely use a computer, MS will finally start making money with their shitty store.

>being THIS BTFO
I'm good, right?

What reason would they have to force users out of using any third party software? That would piss off a ton of their user base.

It's clearly marketed as a feature meant for either families with kids who don't know any better than to download freemovie.exe because they wanted to watch the Lion King, old people who will click on pop ups telling them their computer is infected or businesses with computer illiterates dicking around on their PCs.

>b-but it's only there to protect from trash

If they wanted the users being protected from useless junk, they wouldn't automatically fill the start menu with trash software after the installation of windows
it#s clearly just a strategy to force their users to their store.

They are fucking over the developers of software, too
- A percentage of every purchased program goes to MS automatically
- They might force even freeware developers to pay for letting them into the store, after all hosting costs microsoft money

This is also completely ignoring the fact that it's an opt-in feature. If it were mandatory I would agree with you but nobody is forcing this feature on anyone.

But microsoft could just change course and do force it. They are calling normal Win32 software "outdated" because they want to move away from it, the logical step would be to force the home users to their store.
And they would be fucked since they cant disable updates any more

Looking on the cloud as I type, seems to just be the same thing under a different name, save for this software install option.

Exactly. Only the label is different to sell it as an "innovation" to retards which downplaying the incompatibility with basically every third party program everyone is using right now

With jews you lose

Again, what's the problem? The feature is opt-in, isn't it?

I can see their strategy
It's ridiculous how quiet the pajeets suddenly became, I bet they are now trying forum sliding aka making tons of new trash threads

see

My Acer PC is locked to Windows

>Windows 10 home will be replaced by "Cloud" in april this year
different product, W10 Cloud is for low end computers that have trouble running unoptimized applications. this shit will roll out in sub 250USD products in an attempt to win back the space from chromebooks that have been taking over elementary schools

Nice try pajeet. There are literally no performance enhancements, the only real change is the blocking of non-signed exe files.

Switching to glorious GNU/Linux all those years ago was the best decision. I laugh at the poor unwashed plebs that have to use proprietary software.

You're still replying to the same person. That isn't true, the feature is opt-in, which means the software blocking is disabled by default, and you only enable it manually if you wish.

And what would prevent microsoft from delivering an update that would force the setting to on all the time? Remember, it's "for your best"

Massive can of worms you're opening there. "They didn't do X but they might do" is a very poor argument, that can apply to literally everyone.

This is microsoft's tactic:
- make a news which only shows "positive" aspects of a new feature, also highlight a few times that it's optional/temporary in the beta
Most users buy it and think it's ok or they plan to just disable it
- a few months later, a few days before the introduction of the feature, make a small announcement where they state that it's going to be forced after all. No major news site will write an article about it
- Some users realize that the "feature" does not work as expected, but are shown the small announcement and accept yet another inconvenience

Examples where microsoft has already played this strategy:
- Telemetry
- Forced updates

People already predicted they'd do this when they removed tons of features from the aniversary patch including GPO features

Doesn't affect me.

WINDOWS SEVEN
I
N
D
O
W
S

S
E
E
N

>Besides, if it comes as "default" option it WILL become the "only" option in the future.

>I dont know but it WILL be like this

When I heard this before? Oh, right:

>When "free upgrade" period ends, MS WILL force subs on everyone, you will see! They are corporation and all corporations are bad and closed source is evil because muh Stallman said so

Another fine portion of "Linux Witness" dogma.

If I can't install programmes without using the app store then I'll just install a Linux distro, probably Ubuntu to ease myself into it, already have basic understanding of Linux and I don't game much so I don't care too much in that regard

i will just stay on windows 7, i don't need any support
it's windows or nothing for me

The joke is that they basically forced everyone who had automatic updates enabled anyway so of course they did not force EVERYONE to the upgrade, "only" most users.

>the year Windows 7 extended support ends might be year of the Linux desktop

I will purchase a Mac and move to Apple ecosystem.

Fuck Linux.

If true, then why the fuck do you buy and support such a shitty company??!

"blue to apps"?

There was no reason to post that picture at nearly a two meg file suze. Could have jpegged it down to 200k, you waster.

The whole article is completely full with bullshit, but you realize the implications if you read between the lines

haha, I'd love to have a sip of your naivety

I'm laughing here with you. The good time are finally here.

>When "free upgrade" period ends, MS WILL force subs on everyone, you will see! They are corporation and all corporations are bad and closed source is evil because muh Stallman said so
Nice strawman. It's sad you need to put words in other people's mouths to have an argument.

Irrelevant in 2 years

ITT: pajeet completely BTFO

>still no good lunix distro to switch to
And people said Gabe was paranoid when he said that the windows store was really bad competition

I wish Steam OS was marketed everywhere as a gaming alternative to Windows. It needs a really big push to "sell" it. Gabe was right. Only some of us are now seeing the writing appear on the wall.

They need to get some gaymer laptop maker to either sell two versions of their laptops, one with Windows and one with Ubuntu pre installed, or sell their laptops with Ubuntu and Windows installed in dual boot.

There's no point in having Steam OS be installed on anything that isn't basically a console killer intended to be hooked up to a TV all the time.

daily reminder that tim sweeney is /ourguy/

Remember to make threads about this until the release

Lel are you kidding? Windows is going to be better now than ever for normies. Granny can download her bank's app from the store and never get phished. SJWs and alt-right cucks can use the Twitter app and never have to worry about CSRF. No, the desktop will be dead before it's ever the year of the Linux desktop.

I was encountering this shit frequently on Sup Forums, until upgrade period ended and nothing happened.

Nice to know that you have to lie about your own bullshit in order to not look stupid.

how long can normies stand the win10 cancer?

Ultra normies won't even notice that something is wrong
Younger normies wont be able to play their games so their parents will buy the Pro version for $200

Gaben was literally right. or will be in the near future.

They never installed anything that wasn't from the Windows Store in the first place, besides Google Chrome and iTunes. Windows 10 let's you browse Facebook and Youtube and you can sync your iPhone with it.

About all this fuss with Windows Cloud - if this will be either separate edition or changed Home, how is this a problem for other users? I mean, a lot of people who did upgrades from 7 or 8.1, have Pro already, people who didnt liked to pay pirated Enterprise, students got their Education which is tweaked Enterprise anyway.

People, who would care already use different editions. Home users wont consider that bad, since every time I run into Home user, they dont care about automatic updates or things like that, even when I offer them solutions to their problems.

It looks more like if some people start to produce some sort of panic feedback.

this affects all version of w10 after the creator's update

Are you seriously telling us that home users are not the majority for private computers? We are not talking about Sup Forums users here, but the whole world

THank you Stallman

Im rather saying that Home users in most cases dont care. When they do, they get different edition or different OS instead.

This would be pretty handy for company administrators, to be honest, but as you can see already, users normally will be able to change the setting to fit their needs. Expecting MS to cripple all Enterprise devices that way without option to disable that or go around, is kinda silly.

In worst case scenario, it would be another "Enterprise only" option. Unlikely, however, since it would remove one of the biggest pros of whole Windows systems (and Im not thinking only about games).

Another option is to turn it into "Pro and above only" setting, but Home users in most cases wouldnt care too much. Or migrate to Pro.

How are home users going to create a linux USB stick when they can't run rufus or any USB image tool

1. This might be fake.

2. This is probably still going to happen one day.

At the very least, the enterprise versions will need to support non-store applications until the majority have converted their applications to the new standard (which will take a very, very long time).

In conclusion, if you need Windows for the far future, get an enterprise version, and use a cracked bootloader just to give M$ as much of a middle finger as you can give them at this point.

>1. This might be fake.
What exactly?

The information in the article. Either way, this was going to happen, so if it's accurate then I'm not surprised.

mspoweruser.com/windows-10-build-15042-for-pcs-and-build-15043-for-mobile-heads-to-windows-insiders/

Windows 7 master race

If all developers switch to the win10 store then nobody would develop for that any more

Too bad most devs know what a piece of shit the win10 store is then.

They won't have a choice.