B-but ryzen has issues with ddr4 and cant run high freq ram

>b-but ryzen has issues with ddr4 and cant run high freq ram

jews and intelusional retards crushed once again, crawl back in your bunkers

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=w8fQ15_6eNM
asrock.com/mb/AMD/X370 Taichi/index.asp
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

This meme only happened on one specific asus board, and they keep telling that it's the processors fault

Intel shills are more dishonest than cnn

You didn't understand it in the first place.

If you have 2 sticks or less, you can run whatever frequency you want
If you have 3 or more sticks, you are limited to 2400MHz

>implying CNN is dishonest

Wait so i could buy 2 sticks of 16g ram each and have them at like 3400mz!?? Just bought 4x 8g at 2400mz

>being this delusional

>It is illegal to view Wikileaks files (It's not)
>We happen to accidently lose feeds more than any other network and it only happens when CNN is called out on a lie ("Ohh, that sucks")
>We cut quotes up arbitrarily to change the meaning to suite our politics (pretending Trayvon's mom didn't call for violence)
>This...is CNN *doo doo doo*

more importantly what is that 6pin I see on GPU? Tell me this is short enough to be vega

Of course it's Vega. Why wouldn't they do teaser pictures to build hype for tomorrow's announcement?

>All these fanbois and shills

I am just going to buy whatever ends up being a good deal for price vs performance. Fuck brand loyalty. I do not owe Intel or AMD shit.

>getting memed into bad purchasing decisions

Haha, retard. Even at a worst case scenario, this is something which would have been solved with a microcode update within a month or two. Enjoy your shit performance.

found the TIDF

>I am just going to buy whatever ends up being a good deal for price vs performance.

Please leave the thread, that sort of logic is not allowed here.

>1700mhz
Nice try Pajeet.

you're just pretending to be retarded right?

Um... yes. Return it. Ryzen is dual channel. You want 2 16gb sticks not 4 8gb sticks.

You do realise that four sticks can run in dual channel, yes?

Um... no it can't?

>that heatsink fan assembly

Is that factory? Looks mucho comfy

youtube.com/watch?v=w8fQ15_6eNM

AMD bankrupt

having all four slots filled is much more aesthetically pleasing

2 of 8 and 4 of 4 will perform the same but going for the 2 of 8 option is be cheaper

Fallout 4 is really an edge case due to being as shittily programmed as your average Unity game.

But yes, memory speeds do matter, and will matter more in dual channel than quad channel. Just usually less than 1/4th as much as they matter in Fallout 4 and sometimes hardly at all.

Nope want to explain why its only half of the stated mhm?

>10¢ have been deposited in your Share Blue™ Account

yes it can you fucking retard

>clickbait title
>Dtrollz
I wouldn't watch that video if it included the secrets of immortality

DDR stands for "double data rate". DDR-2400 runs at 1400MHz.

because it's dual channel you fat fucking retard

Um....... I'm not sure where you get your information but that's CLEARLY wrong. Ryzen cannot run dual channel in four stack configuration.

look up what DDR is

two dual channel groups, bud

The secret of immortality is overclocking your CPU to the point it blue screens?

.... you're literally retarded

>M-maybe if I pretend I was pretending all along, they'll buy it!

Can someone explain why asus is focusing on Ryzen so much but won't release the high end Kaby Lake board, the IX Extreme?

Then get an mITX that has 2 slots.

Reminder: A handful of vendors will be releasing Ryzen branded RAM kits. They'll be 3200-3600mhz. Corsair, G.Skill, and of course Patriot are on board, though others may join in as well.

lmaoing at your life, faggot

cause Intelaviv licensing costs cut into their board profits heavily. They make more money selling a cheaper AM4 board.

One thing I don't get. Why do the Z270 boards have 2 M.2 slots, but Ryzen only has one?

i'm starting to think the people posting this video have no idea what overclocking actually is or even tried it themselves.

Do I have to buy those or can I use my current 3200MHz DDR4 G.skill memory?

There are a bunch of x370 AM4 boards with 2 m.2 slots.

Theres nothing special about them apart from the branding and specific AMP profiles. Your current kit is fine.
Shills have just been spreading FUD claiming Ryzen couldn't use decent high speed DDR4, and it couldn't be further from the truth.

Your current RAM is fine.

This is false advertising on AMD's part then.

That's how memory has been advertised ever since the very first ddr was released

Get back to shilling Trump already you Sup Forumstards.

You're literally retarded

What are you smoking? Every CPU since the invention of dual channel has been able to run four modules in dual channel. It's at least 99% certain that Ryzen won't lack that feature.

No. It's 2400M transfers per second, one for rising clock edge and one for falling clock edge. Has been like that for DDR ever since its invention around 20 years ago and has always been advertised like this.

It will be able to but not as well. It won't be 4x the bandwidth. For the best performance you're best off using 2 fast sticks.

It's effectively the same thing just with lower frequencies. It's technically false but in reality it's actually more descriptive than the true frequency would explain.

It will be the same bandwidth as a regular dual channel config.

Yes you can. I did this on at least 4 boards.

2 sticks are as fast as 4 sticks, dude.

You're retarded. There's literally no difference between using two or four sticks.

There is
Two sticks is cheaper than four sticks of the same capacity

Not always. Price goes up at a faster rate than density. 2x 16gb sticks will sometimes cost more than 4x 8gb sticks.

Just to make this more clear there's this.

You're only looking at one edge of the clock signal which is how SDR memory worked. DDR looks at the rising and falling edges of the clock signal effectively doubling the frequency even though the clock signal remained the same.

>It won't be 4x the bandwidth.
No shit sherlock. It's dual channel, not quad channel. Nobody ever claimed anything else. There's literally no difference in bandwidth between 2x8 and 4x4 given the same frequency and latency RAM.

Autists on Sup Forums aren't the only ones sick of intel's bullshit. All the major manufacturers were excited to hop on board. Just look at what's already available at launch in the high end compared to AM3. AMD has probably never gotten this much attention.

84 socket AM4 mobos
1,000,000 Ryzen CPUs at launch
200 system builders
Retailers selling all their preorders within 4 hours of them being available

OEMs saw the performance of the samples AMD sent them, and they knew it would be a strong seller.

Too few PCIe lanes

>only dual channel
meh

No.
There are plenty of boards with two M.2 slots.
The FCH+external chipset provide plenty of lanes.

I'm not a gaymer, I'm straight.

DDR RAM rated at 2400MHz would run at 1200MHz.
It's not false advertising on anyone's part, it's just idiots not knowing what it is. DDR works on both the rise and fall of the clock signal, so it effectively runs at double the actual clock speed.

Why doesn't main system RAM use QDR?

Yep. They won't be able to make these fast enough for workstations in engineering firms, Silicon Valley, and so on.

That's the only thing Intel has going for it, is that demand for these will be high enough for them to release their cheaper Coffeelake 6cores even if they don't compete on cost with the 1600X since they'll be able to make more of them.

That and delusional fanboys that think 4c/4t or 4c/8t will truly be enough in a few years. It's already hardly enough now.

Man, just look at those shitty chokes
And they had the balls to put an external clock generator on this thing?
What a darn shame

I'm wondering why the sli/cf slots are spaced like this on every AM4 board I checked. Why only 1 slot in the middle instead of optimal 2? That would still leave 1 slot free for a pci-e ssd or network card etc.

The speakers on my shitty iphone are on the brink of death so I couldn't hear what the guy was saying. Was he manually overclocking or was he just showing off XFR? If it BSOD'd from XFR going too far that pretty much kills my hype for the "auto overclocking."

really odd since it's the only 16 phase board for Ryzen currently

Do CPU's do this? If not, why not?

It will need all 16 just to POST

Most modern Intel boards that have SLI capability do the same. It gives cards room to breathe and allows you to use thicker than 2-slot coolers on your cards.

the justification is the same as intel: you want more than 2 2-slot cards on a board? buy the higher end chipset. AMD will likely have a workstation chipset when the server stuff launches

Intel can run 4266MHz DDR4.

Ryzen can't.

It's the Wraith Max, we don't really now what SKU's will have it but we do now that it's factory
It dissipates 140W and has muh RGB lights

This isn't even from AMD stupid retard, it's from JEDIC and every vendor that uses DDR anything has used it for years

yeah but why not this? wouldn't gaymers like this setup more?

can you afford that ram, tho

Yes.

Because nearly everyone will be using a dual-slot GPU in the top slot, so it's not worth putting a slot directly underneath, because 99% of users will not be able to use it.
It's added cost to the manufacturer with almost zero benefit.

>3400 RAM

for what purpose?

YUS
U
S

Fuck yeah its gonna be prime AMD 1999-2008 all over again

DRAM is the true LLC in Ryzen, so it loves high bandwidth.

Does anyone know if that light is blue only. I dont want to fuck up my aesthetics

Then the second card would block the last full PCIe slot, which is multiple lanes from the FCH

i love the meme about how trump voters "had jobs" when they weren't around for something where attendance mattered yet have nothing better to do than go to his shitty circlejerks

asrock.com/mb/AMD/X370 Taichi/index.asp

Its RGB.

Thanks

Thank you for correcting the record.

Then put that in place of the 4x slot I moved? I doubt you will be putting anything over single slots in there. It doesn't break the purpose of the 2 slot "hole" either, since most single slot cards are fairly slim.

Can you jpeg it more? I can still read it.

How'd you remove the 9gag watermark, anyway?

>transfers per second
no
go read Crucial's website

More people live in the blue areas than in the red.

How do you not fucking understand this?

Show me a single AM4 board that's confirmed to have ECC/RDIMM support, I dare you.

if being stupid is the same as being dishonest then your president is the biggest liar in fucking history

>intelusional

apex kek