/hpg/ - Headphone General

>Headphone purchase advice
pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

Please put some effort into your requests and questions.

If you dislike a suggestion, explain why and try giving a better suggestion to whomever asked.

>Sup Forums wiki headphone FAQ:
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ru8C5vjog_k
massdrop.com/buy/akg-m220-semi-open-studio-headphones
youtube.com/watch?v=a-l3DRs6LZc
amazon.com/Samson-SR850-Professional-Reference-Headphones/dp/B002LBSEQS
amazon.com/Shure-SRH840-Professional-Monitoring-Headphones/dp/B002DP8IEK/
sourceforge.net/projects/equalizerapo/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

HD600 > your headphones

HD 600s with Fulla 2s or hang yourself.

Best headphones under $1,000, only beaten by HD 800s.

Guys I think I just found my new desktop background. What do you think?

show me yours.

Perfect I just switched to it too!

Tech Flow has the best reviews for headphones. Also check out what I got upto on my latest vlog where I review the newest phones.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ru8C5vjog_k

>Not even HD 600s paired with Fulla 2s

Reviews mean nothing when HD 600s and Fulla 2s still exist.

Your Loss mate. you can't get better than beats, they are LIT as fuck.

>buying schiit ever
>not using HD600 + O2 + ODAC

Schitt is for head fi faggots

Good afternoon.

Looking for a pair of ANC headphones. Does the sound quality differ that much when most of them use the same NC technology?

QC35s are so comfy, but the sound was so dull last time I tried them.

Been looking at the Sennheiser PXC 550, but I'm beginning to doubt how good the ANC is. I need really good noise cancelling for the daily 2 hr commuting.

I found this file on my PC recently.

I actually use a HD800 but I'm too lazy to edit it in.

How much of a difference does a DAC make? I use dt 880s and I have a decent amp, is a DAC worth the investment?

Looking for some advice, /hpg/

>budget
$150
>location
USA
>source
desktop pc
>type
full sized over ear, closed
>comfort
maximum comfy, I wear these 15 hours a day.
>past headphones
I've owned 2 AD700x's. The sound and comfort is great but my 2nd pair is starting to fail the same way the first did (3.5mm connector took a shit.) I did try resoldering them once, but I'm shit at soldering. A detachable cord is a must on any headphones I buy from now on. Currently considering the m50x but I'm not too sure about the comfort levels.

>Repost from the last thread.
I've always opted for neutral headphones and then EQ a slight sub bass and treble boost for extra sizzle.

Are the X2's for me?

Or would DT880's be better and then tame the high end with EQ?
I've only heard the 880's briefly trying a friend's pair, and they were a bit too bright for my taste.

massdrop.com/buy/akg-m220-semi-open-studio-headphones

50 dollar k240s that are white

Good deal

>tfw snagged ath-msr7 for 155euros at the shop
today was a good day

are these good for monitoring?
can you recommend a good and cheap audio interface with headphone port?

>is a DAC worth the investment?
no difference
dt770
x2 is not as bright as dt880 and the bass boost is more in the upper bass as opposed to the sub-bass
yes, they're fine especially if you need to block external noise and listen with one ear, define cheap

Didn't get any actual replies on the last thread, so let's try again.
I got a X2 with a BoomPro, and I'm looking for a USB DAC + amp combo, mostly for the DAC currently. Is there anything with a mic input, or should I just route it with an extension to my motherboard? Is the FiiO E10K good enough for that, or should I get something like a SMSL M3 or even a Micca OriGen+?

What is this creature?

cheap is maximum $100. sorry I'm a poorfag. I wanna use it with a midi keyboard. no mic or anything.

You should get a trash can for your X2s.

Mostly USB 'gaming' soundcards.
Scarlett solo?

schiit is a great company and their stuff is high quality, the original fulla is the best value in dac/amp world right now at only 59 dollars

which of them are you using right now?

nice album. I need to listen to it again.

>How much of a difference does a DAC make? I
depends on your on-board sound card. if you have a shit mobo or don't have a discrete sound card, then a DAC makes sense.

Sennheiser HD 598 Cs

>What is this creature?
some extremely gay beta manlet.

how do you connect a midi keyboard to scarlett solo?
can I connect a midi keyboard to a behringer ufo202 or um2?

>Currently $55 USD

Not shilling, but these are the best budget headphones under $100 until proven otherwise.

Any inb4 hurr durr iems are not headphones

>Using IEMs ever

No thanks.

Nice quads.

I'm currently using my X2s, perfect for being absorbed into the downtempo music I'm listening to right now.

youtube.com/watch?v=a-l3DRs6LZc

>Not shilling
But you are shilling. Saying that you're not doesn't make it so.

Can I get anything better than them at the same price point (250€ used that it)? Please note that I live in yurp and quite like the shure fit.

Oh well. What can you do when they are the best budget headphones?

I would say Etymotic for sound but they have microphonics and the fit is different from the Shure.

Nice try you Snapheiser shill.

Any of those you listed would be fine, a Schitt Fulla 1 would also be fine.

If however you wanted to upgrade to a headphone that needs more power you would need a stronger amp.

amazon.com/Samson-SR850-Professional-Reference-Headphones/dp/B002LBSEQS

No thanks you smelly shill, I'd rather get a SR850 which has real velour earpads, is more comfortable and when it gets worn out you can replace them.

The Sennshills must be going hard today.

amazon.com/Shure-SRH840-Professional-Monitoring-Headphones/dp/B002DP8IEK/

Worth?

Lookin for solid neutral cans for home use, heard these were good

interesting song but man... why does music off YT sound like shit all the time?

Aren't the stock pads that come with it pretty stiff?

>is more comfortable

Somehow I doubt that as it's based on a Superlux design. Then again Samson may have did something more than just add earpads which makes them comfortable.

I've tried the HD681 evo that came with velour pads. Wew those things hurt.

go for HD598. cheaper and much better.

It's good but too expensive for what it is.

I'd recommend Sony MDR-V6 instead, if you want a step up then Beyerdynamic DT250 80 ohm.

You should check out the last thread.

If you want closed cans look at the AKG K553, NVX XPT100, Somic MH185, Monoprice MM560 and what this guy listed.

This right here is a sennheiser shill, don't listen to him.

Somic MM185, Monoprice M560*

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
That's just the song I was currently listening to, though I wasn't using YT or a YT rip.

>This right here is a sennheiser shill, don't listen to him.
once you get a job and can afford good shit in life, you'll change your mind about Sennheiser. they make the best cans by far.

What's the breaking point on impedance with headphones to where you should invest in an amp?

>Recommending open headphones when he wanted closed

Go back to your last thread, Sennshill.

Thanks m8, well check em out

if you're not poor and want to own a good pair of cans, stay away from that idiot's recommendations. they're all garbage and will sound like shit and some will even break apart after few months.

Jesus Christ. Let me guess, you're going to recommend, bassy as fuck closed-back Sennheisers?

>Inb4 HD598 Cs

Dude, what?? :v, I'm confused

...what the fuck

Are the Monoprice M560 actually good, or are people just hyping them because they're new?

I've yet to see a frequency response for them.

Tbh they're pretty decent cans. It's just you shills constantly heil them as some infallible cans than can do no wrong.

You act like Sennheiser shit is built any better. Plus the Monoprice M560 will shit on the build quality of the HD600/650.

When will the physical burn-in meme die?

>youtube.com/watch?v=a-l3DRs6LZc
>interesting song but man... why does music off YT sound like shit all the time?
It sounds like shit because Youtube seems to be using a 16kHz low-pass filter for all of their audio. Just grabbed that track and see pic related.

If people can't hear why Youtube audio is so shit, your ears are either pleb-tier or you need to buy a better set of headphones.

That's actually a good test for phones. I can clearly tell the difference on my HD600's + E10K.

No, HD 600s with a Fulla 2s.

When people stop buying gold-plated optical cables.

Jesus Christ that's bad. No wonder YT music sounds like shit, thought it was only me.

No, I recommended HD598. They sound 10x better than that chinkshit garbage you recommended to that dude. He linked cans in $200 range yet you recommended him total fucking garbage.

You're an idiot.

Except he clearly want CLOSED headphones, you fucking shill.

Frequences beyond 14hHz are a meme.

>Except he clearly want CLOSED headphones, you fucking shill.
he didn't say that at all. where did he say it?

I'm not even the user that recommended those headphones, but you're a fucking idiot.

>Clearly wanting closed headphones
>Recommends open headphones instead

Off you go, sill Sennshill.

Maybe if you've let Tyrone fuck your ears for the past 15 years. I can still clearly hear up to 19 kHz.

>Sending headphones back right out of the box with no manufacter's defects
>Not giving a week of use

People truly are fucking idiots

>Asks if these closed-backed headphones are any good
>Agrees to take a look at that user's closed-back recommendations list
>Says nothing about your open-backed headphones

Gee whiz, I wonder...

>Jesus Christ that's bad. No wonder YT music sounds like shit, thought it was only me.
It's fucking horrible. I always assumed it sounded bad because of low bitrate but now I actually looked at it and it seems to be due to a low-pass filter as well. shit rates + shit filter = total garbage.

>Frequences beyond 14hHz are a meme.
okay gramps. just because your ears are total shit doesn't mean that the rest of us can't hear much higher frequencies. I know you've been in a war and shells were exploding around you but fuck man... at least realize that the rest of us aren't so bad at hearing.

HD598 is chinkshit. It's made in China.

lots of things are made in china. it's not made by chinese companies that don't give a fuck about quality.

made by chinese labor =/= mad in china.

Post garbage headphones.

I'll start.

>buttmad pajeet is mad
kek.

like I said, get a fucking job Pajeet and then you'll be able to buy a good set of cans and won't have to use that chinkshit garbage you have right now.

In this case, it is though.

start by taking some pills for your mental illness.

Aren't the HD 598s made with chink shit plastic that starts to crack within a year?

I don't think you understand, user. He clearly wanted closed headphones when retarded shills like you recommended open-backed headphones instead.

Depends on what you want, but most things have way better upper frequency extension than the SE535.
SE535 is nice if you want a sound balance that is generally downward sloped with increasing frequency, canal resonance notwithstanding.

>microphonics
Don't call it that.

>Youtube audio
Highly variable. Youtube has changed the audio codec used many times over, with a much high corner point used.
Spectrograms are generally very bad for discriminating lossy coding, aside from LP filter cutoff.

Kek. Is that the only argument you have?

Ahhh, so you're that Sennheiser shill, huh? I'll stop shilling when you stop shilling your HD 600s

>Best headphones under $700

My sides.

>Aren't the HD 598s made with chink shit plastic that starts to crack within a year?
No they don't.

You however need to stop taking the Sennheiser pill.

Meant for

>Kek. Is that the only argument you have?
What was your argument? What do you suffer from?Straight autism or something worse?

best budget earbuds for general phone/laptop listening?

>Typical Sennheiser faggot

Really? Did Sennheiser fix the issue with the 558s and 598s?

I doubt it, since their build quality only increases above their 600 series.

I don't need an argument for a non-argument you cheeky, cheeky user. Please, keep telling me about the best headphones under $700.

:^)

It's not $700 anymore, he went up to $1000.

Can anyone point me in the direction of beginning T50RP Mk3 modding?
Thanks!

VE Monks+ ~ $5-10
Carbo Tenores ~$35-45

sourceforge.net/projects/equalizerapo/

>Believing a $200 pair of headphones is comparable to $1,000 headphones

That's as retarded as comparing SHP9500s to HD 600s.