Hardcoded advertising in youtube CDN

Google will start hardcoding advertisements directly through content delivery servers on youtube within the next 2 years to combat adblocking. How does that make you feel?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ru8C5vjog_k
qutee.com/marzbar/?token=marzbar
youtube.com/watch?v=5mF-msRDYd0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

source? Retard

i'll hardcode my yt player to cut the first 15s of the video

maybe i'll just skip ahead lol

If ads went back to being static images with no JavaScript or tracking people wouldn't block them.

it's fine, YT is not why I'm using an ad blocker

source: My wife's son works at Google

sounds like I'll stop using YouTube within the next two years, just like I stopped watching TV

KIKES!

this 2bh

Good thing Google also has midroll ads :^)

this.

Also people would develop AI to combat ads and remove them from videos.
Google will always be ahead from the average user, but not from everyone.

kek'd

>ad is a specific encode/easily distinguishable from content
>blocker just skips ahead when it detects this

>hypothetical's based off hypothetical's

I'll just hardcode uBlock Origin to remove the ads

I actually reviewed this on my Tech Flow channel. I go across all the issues. Check it out.

in the mean time you should look at my lates Vlog, I went to spain.

Why dont you check out my vlog?

fuck off

My vlog gives out prizes to the 40000 subscriber snd features an attractive woman.

this also "solves" their issue with YT recording services

They already do that now on mobile. I just skip it.

won't this make ads irrelevant on older videos? if it's baked into the video then you can't replace it unless they want to save a second copy of every video uploaded

>still using youtube in 2 years
Yea no

Hell, I'll take gifs or soundless webms.

Content creators deserved their ad revenues

Fuck, I see this for the 1000 time, but that took me a second.

I am giving away a drone on my Qutee page.

qutee.com/marzbar/?token=marzbar

Also I am a proffesional youtuber who does amazing daily vlogs to the highest quality, I thought you would be interested.

>sounds like I'll stop using YouTube within the next two years, just like I stopped watching TV

This. Fuck em.

I want to be the 1,000,000th visitor again

Then I'll stop using it or else just download my videos with youtube-dl

>only watch jewtube videos using youtube-dl and mpv

And how does this affect me?

I literally do not give a single fuck since I'm not a tubetard.

Please keep using Youtube, it's a great platform for content influencers like myself.

Please kill yourself, you anthropomorphic shit stain.

Big words there mate.

The internet business model needs restructuring
The whole system is fucking flawed

People pay through the nose for monthly broadband, only to be met by paywalls and shit that waters down the experience because oh, we're not letting each individual company dip their hands into our wallets.

Ads that start playing both before and during a video that a customer has paid to view is not okay.
It all started when companies and corporations starting taking over the web, backing us into a corner with their "freemium" services.

fuck companies and their money hungry agendum

the internet was a mistake

>the internet was a mistake
It allowed people like you on so I would agree.

If you want to be sucessful as me you really should watch my vlogs.

>Shilling on Sup Forums for yt-ad revenue
How low can you go?

Get a job you millennial fuck

This is a tech board, this is why I am here.

I am all over tech and it leads me to places like this.

They play ads before the movie when you pay to go to the movie theater. How is it different on the internet.

The Internet is a glorious feat of engineering, money grubbing jew bags are the problem.

Fuck 'em, I don't pay for movies, I don't pay for games, I don't pay for Software, I use an assortment of Ad blockers, I suppose my browsing metadata earns someone a tiny bit of scratch.

Do you not understand hard coded, you dumb shit? Once the video is uploaded to youtube, it will have an ad inserted into it during the re-encode. It's part of the video.

The thing that annoys me is having 30 sec + ads on clips that aren't even a minute long at times, or when you're searching through clips only to get stuck with the same ad for the 100th time

If I have to sit through even a second of some fat, ugly americlap yelling about greasebomb mcArteryAhnilliators at brickwalled volume levels, I'll just go to another service.

>They play ads before the movie when you pay to go to the movie theater. How is it different on the internet.

Why the fuck would you waste money on going to the movie theatre? Movies are fucking trash made by trash starring trash. Don't give these modern-day court jesters any attention.

Fuck no, be glad passive advertising is how the system works. Or else you're just inviting a change to a system where every site is paid content access

Look this is my Tech Flow channel.

youtube.com/watch?v=5mF-msRDYd0

>possessive hypothetical

I don't think it's gonna happen. because it would have to be automated to keep up with content and automating it opens them up to copyright violation issues, since they would then be actively profiting from copyrighted material whenever someone uploads a movie or music etc...

Make scripts that detect ad frames with (perceptual) hashing and skip X frames ahead depending on which ad it is.

There are already PVRs that are smart enough to skip the ads in-between pre-recorded shows. What makes you think the same tech can't easily be applied to PooTube videos? It could even download the entire video and analyze it.

3edgy5me

Fuck the fuck off.

Someone will code something to recognize ads and skip them, for example, image comparison or something.

>his local Kinomatheque shows ads
I bet they also don't allow you to bring your own anvil.

Get raped and kill yourself, you retarded fucking faggot sack of nigger shit with down syndrome.

>write a simple piece of Javascript that catches any YouTube links and adds the code to jump to 15 seconds in
>was it really that tough

The actual content makes me leave already. Nothing of quality is lost

He's right tho.

Good thing I'll physically tape over my monitor
Try me now Google cucks

A YouTube alternative needs to be made.

Like waiting for youtube rips without ads

the orientals already have it, the west just doesn't use it much, youkou

That's fucking terrible. YouTube ads don't pay that much shekels anyway, it's easier to ask for money from fans.

Well youtube dipped in quality when Google bought it and soon after fucking started shit like Youtube Red, Paid subs and Heros

>the orientals already have it, the west just doesn't use it much, youkou

This. Once Google forces ads into videos just use alternate sites en masse. In fact, put a video up on Youtube explaining where to switch to. Advertise their successor.

It's not a Kinomatheque if they don't allow you to bring your own anvil

You're clearly talking about his local flick-o-rama or some such low quality institution

It's the content creators that need to move really

kys you dumb faggot. seriously, catch aids be gone.

no u

>sounds like I'll stop using YouTube within the next two years, just like I stopped watching TV
exactly

feels great not having any desire to watch TV. Ads are more cancerous than cancer.

They've had the tech/talent to do something like this for years, yet they haven't and won't.

Source: My ass.

how do you live with yourself? you're so fucking degenerate and you take it up the ass... how the fuck do you not just jump off a bridge every day?

> Hardcodes the ads into videos
> Disables the timeline bar while this in motion

how do we beat this?

Write an add-on that enables player controls again and autoskips forward.

no u

I will press the "skip" button

Ignore it with the power of your mind.

I personally don't really understand the use of youtube with a handful of exceptions I simply don't use it. I prefer to read my news and the small handful of times I've needed a tutorial for shit can easily be found elsewhere or in written form with static pictures without some annoying twat trying to get famous.

That's actually my biggest gripe with youtube is all the degenerates clamoring for public attention doing something that literally anyone can do. What's worse is it gives these people power to alter natural trends much like actual celebrities, which being as they are they really don't deserve that power, like most people. And the fact that they're given actual revenue only stands to compound the issue.

I can listen to all the music now

youtube-dl cut out the shit with ffmpeg

YouTube red costs like 30 bucks a year if you split the family plan 6 ways. Any non-homeless person should have that by now.

>ads before a +1.5 hour movie
>ads before every 5 minute video

>JUST GIVE ME YOUR SHEKELS GOY

But untargeted ads is cheaper, and have almost no value nowadays.

The goal is to sell the most targetable ads the most expensive

You know Google is an advertising company

>tfw convolutional net based context aware ad filtering system for video

Youtube Red here. Also comes together with Google Play Music so it's automatically better than all other music sub services.
Youtube creators also get paid a lot more from Red viewers.

I am indifferent
There is nothing on youtube worth crying over

>pay
>for a service
yeah that's fucking crazy

With the way you can get content now there's no need for a tv that's connected to any network

YouTube only purveys shit, so it's not going to hurt going cold turkey

Good, because it might get more sites to serve first-party ads, which means they're directly responsible for its content.

>tfw people will start pirating youtube videos
Might actually be better - jewtube's servers have been shit in my area lately

I'll stop using youtube.
Wow that was hard.

>the vast majority of people don't use adblock
>google will throw away the ability to target ads to combat the few that do
What planet are you living on?

Are you saying you're not downloading all the good JewTube stuff already? It's not going to be there forever you know.

I have a script to download all the videos I liked, to monitor view counts and whether the video is still up. I reupload the popular content back after it cools a bit.

There's little on jewtube I've ever wanted to see again

Planet Judea