How do you find out what the differences are between various FreeSD snapshot versions? for example:

How do you find out what the differences are between various FreeSD snapshot versions? for example:

ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/snapshots/arm/armv6/ISO-IMAGES/11.0/

FreeBSD-11.0-STABLE-arm-armv6-RPI-B-20170126-r312829.img.xz
FreeBSD-11.0-STABLE-arm-armv6-RPI-B-20170203-r313108.img.xz
FreeBSD-11.0-STABLE-arm-armv6-RPI-B-20170210-r313553.img.xz

where are the change logs? where is the documentation?

Other urls found in this thread:

freebsd.org/snapshots/'
freebsd.org/releases/
svnweb.freebsd.org/doc/
svnweb.freebsd.org/doc/release/11.0.0/en_US.ISO8859-1/htdocs/snapshots/
freebsd.org/where.html
freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/current-stable.html#STABLE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

> Freebsd
They kicked the ports developer for being a Trump supporter.
FreeBSD is SJW shit and you should not use it.

This has got to be a meme, is this bait?

freebsd.org/snapshots/'
tl;dr they're not stable like a release version

What? Sauce?

I don't find anything about that online. Last time drama stirred up in the FreeBSD world, it was about Randi Harper, a person who barely contributed to the project, and that blew up.

If a dude got kicked just for being a Trump supporter, it would be hot shit right now.

Why would anyone just go on the internet and tell lies like this?

>they're not stable like a release version

i read that page. the question is where are the changes made to spapshots documented?

sauce or gtfo

Milo was a ports developer?!

/runs away

to push a political agenda into a world that should be based purely on merit.

>i read that page. the question is where are the changes made to spapshots documented?
There is a document tree you can download
chapters 5 and 9 in the documentation handbook faq thing covers it I think. That or check freebsd.org/releases/ - Complete historical information about the release date, the classification type, and the effective End-Of-Life (EOL) for these releases can be found on the Unsupported Releases section of the FreeBSD Security Information page. stuff like that they have release notes and what not. I'm not 100% sure but those would be where I would start digging around.

thanks, but that applies only to the RELEASE versions, not SNAPSHOTs. my understanding is that SNAPSHOTs are updated after the official RELEASE version comes out.

if you download the RELEASE version, it will not have all the latest bug and errata fixes, you;ll have to patch them yourself.

i thought i told you to look at the SVN repo

who is this semen demon

i did, can't find shit about snapshot change logs

svnweb.freebsd.org/doc/

svnweb.freebsd.org/doc/release/11.0.0/en_US.ISO8859-1/htdocs/snapshots/

I didn't know the release version needed to be patched for that.
I thought snapshots were just troubleshooting versions you play around with to see if it broke or altered anything significant/noticeable before it went live to a release that the writer that altered it might of missed or just overlooked.

look at the dates in op's post. the latest snapshot is from 20170210

11.0-RELEASE came out last september

Yes that's right, people take that release, it's stable considered the new "main version". They update to main version, then take a snapshot of any changes they make to it.
It's not going to get rolled back into 11, maybe an update in the future but for the next stable version.
It's not a company with a bunch of hire ons selling an OS, who do you think writes, bug tests, does all the stuff???

> They update to main version

wtf is the "main" version

let's say i want to download the version of FreeBSD 11 that has all the errata and published security bugs fixed, which one do i download?

Development Snapshots

If you are interested in a purely experimental snapshot release of FreeBSD-CURRENT (AKA 12.0-CURRENT), aimed at developers and bleeding-edge testers only, then please see the FreeBSD Snapshot Releases page. For more information about past, present and future releases in general, please visit the release information page.
^^
See on the download page, those snapshots are experimental.
The stable release of 11
freebsd.org/where.html
above it it says choosing an image, pic the right bit processor, it may or may not be compatible with your hardware.

under release 11 and pick your poison of however you want to try and get it on there

oh my bad not RELEASE, pick a version that say STABLE. iirc
freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/current-stable.html#STABLE

thanks, but that goes back to my original question (op)

there is not just one "golden" STABLE release, every few weeks a new SNAPSHOT of a STABLE release comes out.... WITHOUT ANY DOCUMENTATION on the changes that were made