Let me ask you a question Sup Forums

Let me ask you a question Sup Forums

On what type of device do you spend the most amount of time? What caters best to your lifestyle?

I have always been a desktop sort of person myself. I like to keep a powerful unit at home and less-powerful device with me on the go for class or usage while commuting.

desktop

i hate everything about laptops and only use them if i need to

now that i have my own place, i havent turned on my laptop, which sucks cause its less than a year old and i paid 1.3k for it. id only use it when i travel, which is rarely, and i have a surface pro gen1 for that anyway.

that i normally use to play eroge in the bathroom.

Funny that you mention that. I actually just ended up moving into my own place this year and am reconsidering my computer situation. I use a gen1 sp for class and general use outside of home (8hrs outside of the house give-or-take) and I have a desktop at home for work/play.

However, I am considering giving my desktop to my girlfriend (whom I live with) and getting something new for myself.

What laptop did you splurge on?

last year i got a msi gs60 barebones (4720hq/16gb/970m/2x128ssd) for 1300 because i was living in the barracks after boot camp. served me well, buit looking back on it now, i might as well just bought an x250/60 or something similar because all i ever used it for was laying in bed on the web, and occasional anime and CSGO.

i bought the sp1 on a whim, and the only real use ive gotten is as a media tablet on long flights, which it isnt particularly good at due to its meh battery life (3-4hrs, same as my laptop)

I have not had a desktop at all for 4 years or so.

Even before that, my main computer was always a laptop. I have used thinkpads, macbooks (probably never again) and netbooks back when they were a thing. I don't like using several PC:s very much so I always end up using something almost exclusively.

I tend to use 11-13" laptops for their portability. Currently my only PC is a thinkpad x131e (the i3 vesion). I run GNU/Linux and the most intensive thing I'll ever do is run a video, specs don't matter a whole lot to me, portability matters some. At home I can always attach other peripherals.

For me, it's the iPhone 7 Plus, the best shitposting device.

>What caters best to your lifestyle
I need to do srs bzns in several different places, so it would be inefficient and ridiculous not to go with a high spec laptop. It would be way more expensive to build three desktops
I'm quite happy with being able to take everything everywhere all the time and not make concessions because I'm at the wrong place at the wrong time

I only have a desktop because laptops and phones are for retards.

Desktop for pretty much everything
Cheap laptop for running presentations / viewing code
Phone for web browsing on the go

I had a desktop but sold it because it started to gather dust since I got bored of video games and got a job.

My main machine now is a ThinkPad T420 with an upgraded quad core processor and 16GB ram which covers all my computing needs.

I have a docking station connected to two monitors and all the peripherals so i just need to dock my laptop and keep doing the shit i was doing, furthermore since this laptop allows for up to 3 drives at the same time it's running a 512GB msata ssd and two 1tb HDDs, one of them being hotpluggable because of the ultrabay.

Desktop + Big Smartphone (Nexus 6P)

>Phones are for retards
Not everyone only stays at home and only talks to their mother.

laptop at home because the desktop is in storage while the new house is being built
thin client thing at work
phone in between

I've been using my Chromebook w/ GalliumOS increasingly often. I have a Hackintosh at home I use to author writeups for work, while the Chromebook is my field machine. The battery life blows me away. The performance is kinda meh, but I can SSH into my Hackintosh when I need muscle.

I'm a desktop guy. Even my laptop is as close to a desktop as I could afford (17" and shit)
Wouldn't want to miss it though

t. neet

Desktop. Being able to sit down and focus on my work is the most important aspect of my computing life.

Having a laptop for on-the-road administration is also useful, but I can't use it for any serious work at home.

>"I've never used a thinkpad or business laptop"

lol

>implying any thinkpad will ever be remotely as comfy as even a shit tier desktop.

I pity you fool.

My only computer has been an X230 for the last 3 years. I don't really use anything else. No smartphone, no tablet, no desktop. It's pretty much my only connection to the Internet. Currently I'm thinking about buying a dock, a keyboard, a mouse and a screen but it's not really a priority.
At work I use a company owned L450. Could be better, could be worse. I'd prefer a T series but it's still a fine laptop.

>implying you could ever feel comfortable in front of a desk

My main device is a Nexus 7 2013. I also own a Galaxy S5 that I use ocasionally for browsing but most of the time it's the Nexus. The last time I've owned a proper computer (as in Laptop or Desktop with x86 CPU and everything) was around 2009. Since then I've used mobile devices with Android exclusively. Except at the office of course. Typing this with a type cover for my Nexus 7. Comfy level >9000

DUMPHONE with calendar and appointments (yes that's all I need)
iPad Pro with keyboard
Strong desktop at home
Decent Home server to ssh into on the go for music and owncloud

When I was a student
Strong laptop
Smartphone

I rarely have a.need for a laptop except for penetrating and sex stuff, I usually have a dedicated netbook for it. These days I do all my work on iPad on the go and sync to my owncloud.

LG Leon and Floens© Clover app

I spend about 11 hours a day on my desktop and during the week an extra 5 on my laptop, on the weekend the full 16 get spent on the desktop

Is this the new desktop thread?

When I am home it is my desktop, it's very fucking comfy.
When I am away at School or other, it's my phone.

Same here user, I hate them.

I have a station set up in a lab at school that I dock my laptop at. Similar one on my desk at home. Monitors, keyboards, mice. Don't even use the screen. It's basically a portable desktop with a battery as far as I'm concerned.

I don't see how it's connected to using a desktop.

shitty phoneposter

There is your mac address here, and a local IP address

I suggest you to edit your /etc/i3status.conf file.

That's not my MAC that's an IPv6 address