Why isn't there a Free Hardware Foundation Sup Forums?

Why isn't there a Free Hardware Foundation Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

freeduino.org/freeduino_open_designs.html
oshwa.org/
gnu.org/philosophy/open-source-misses-the-point.en.html
youtube.com/watch?v=XVoldtNpIzI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Too hard, too expensive. Even multilayer printed circuit boards are too hard to make at home, something like CPU or RAM is literally impossible.

Communist Hardware Foundation? One is enough Communism = Fascism = Trump.

Once we can 3d print/replicate electronic components as easily as we can copy software there will be a free hardware foundation

There's arduino. It's something.

because we have the gplv3

There are open source CPU's.

>no x86
NO THANKS BAI

>freeduino.org/freeduino_open_designs.html

This.

Arduino (and it's derivates) are as close as you can get.

Too hard.
For example x86 CPU takes several million lines of code just for cores not counting additional support systems. Also tools,software without personal cost about $30m that's for starters to be barely competitive.

In Soviet Russia all computer hardware was free but there was none.

x86 is a failed technology

@59160591
>Communism = Fascism = Trump
(You) are trying too hard

Because the reality of taking the design of a microprocessor, changing it and then fabbing your design is so bleak that it's impossible to have the four freedoms.

>Why isn't there a Free Hardware Foundation Sup Forums?
There is you fucking imbecile

oshwa.org/

>Free == Open Source
Just fucking kill yourself my dude :^)

>@

>honours the four freedoms
>not free as defined by our Lord and Saviour, Richard Matthew Stallman

No, you fucking kill yourself.

>gnu.org/philosophy/open-source-misses-the-point.en.html

You are missing the point

1) this is open hardware, not open source (as defined by the open source initiative)

2) as long as it respects the four freedoms, it is by definition free software. Stallman is just having an autistic fit about open source because he would like it to be copyleft as well. Free software needn't be copyleft in order to be free

3) You should kys for your shitty bait

ha. bigsilicon won't let that happen

I'm not super keen on the "Arduino Certified" program where there are processors from big companies (since I feel a lot of efforts like Arduino and the Linux Foundation should be based in community effort), but maybe I'm just nitpicky, I'm not sure.

Then there is no reason for FSF or any other autistic foundations to exist. Unless you have complete freedom or none at all because hardware can easily compromise freedom by locking down software.

Stallman is a retard.

ARM is the future. x86 desktop sales are falling constantly for the last 10 years. People want laptops, smartphones and mobile devices that they can carry easily. With the availability of wifi and hotspots everywhere even in 3rd world countries, desktops have become obsolete.

>Giving shitposters (you)s

This guy is building his own chip lab at home

youtube.com/watch?v=XVoldtNpIzI