What went wrong

what went wrong

bootloop

"Modular"

comically small battery

Great design

Android

That bottom bezel and screen size

LG became unique and interesting with the introduction of the G2, continued that with the G3, then the G4, and finally the V10 - the rear-mounted controls are just better, period, end of fucking story, if you don't grasp it then fuck you and die for being stupid.

But then they had the modular idea and it failed. Then they did the V20 and it's been a failure, and now the G6 - crippled in the US/Europe where they would have sold more of them than anywhere else in the world with no quad-DAC and a 32GB internal storage cap - is a failure before it's even on the fucking market.

Companies should take a clue from Apple: while I don't like Apple products the fact that they make one basic device per model worldwide is a positive thing for them. Yes they have the iPhone 7 and the iPhone 7S but no matter where you buy those they're the same - an iPhone 7 in the US is the same hardware and functionality as the one for China or Korea or Turkey or Germany, etc.

Samsung, LG, Motorola, and other companies that keep making different phones then limiting them based on geographical reason is just fucking stupid and failing for all of them.

The LG G6 - dead in the water before it's even arrived.

ITT: Butthurt euroloser

Marketing desu.

I have one and it's a pretty comfy phone.

Screen size is just between a iPhone 6 and an iPhone SE

Fast

Lightweight

God tier camera

Fingerprint sensor

Idk why other people don't have one...

Ugly design?

So basically G6 its not worth it? Welp P10+ it is then!

>falling for the chinkshit meme

Shut the FUCK up
The G6 is the only decently designed device they've built in years. Too bad the UI is literally touchwiz tier garbage

> Plastic feeling body for a $600 phone
>"OK" LCD. But NOT OKAY for $600
> Stupid modular concept is perfect example of a programmer doing a designers work
> Shitty uggly UI
> Actually wanted to remove the app drawer lmfao

We made a FUCKING modular phone how cool is that! You can buy soon to be released awesome modules to make it your own like our camera-module!

>There was only 2 modules. camera zoom and DAC.

I like mine.

>Make it modular
>Make zero useful modules for it

GEE WONDER WHY IT FAILED

>selling a stripped down version(SD852) in "developing" countries at the price of the full version (SD820)
>modular
>excellent design

G5 is my daily driver for another two years. Welp.
AMA

LG emulated the same quality and design elements from the Nexus 5.

Shitty, can't last one year, everything falls apart.

Did they even open it up to third parties? Had they, did they, I don't know maybe the modularity would have excelled. Plus Project Ara was in the pipeline and we all know how that turned out.

I'm browsing this right now from my G5. Still waiting for it to bootloop. Maybe if I try to downgrade the firmware I can get it to do that.

Same btw do any of you guys know how to root the unlocked version of the phone just need to know if there's a way

The bottom felt flimsy so using it in bed was really annoying.

I own a G5, it's a comfy phone. As long as you stay away from the carrier specific ones you'll be fine.

>Samsung, LG, Motorola, and other companies that keep making different phones then limiting them based on geographical reason is just fucking stupid and failing for all of them.

This is objectively untrue. It is less expensive per unit, even if only by a tenth of a cent, to make different versions with different radios/processors/whatever. If it weren't cheaper either in terms of logistical capacity or just outright price, companies wouldn't have international/regional splits

my G5 never had a bootloop issue, even with multiple OS updates
the "went wrong" is
>it's not from Samsung or Apple, so people won't buy it en masse
>DOA module concept
I am really liking the rear fingerprint sensor/ button and side volume combo. it dedicates specific fingers to button locations and makes it easy to use while multitasking.
I wouldn't use a phone larger than this, it's just not my thing.