We put a man on the moon using less than a TI82 calculator

People always talk about how amazing it is that "we put a man on the moon with such low tech computing". As if more computer = easier to get things done. Absolutely false. The more "advanced" (read: Complex) computer systems are the more they fucking get in the way.

Lain would never wear such a shitty hat.

Lain is anarcho-capitalist !

It's not the hardware, it's the software.

Early computers were programmed in assembly, C and similar.

I wouldn't trust a space flight on Java(TM) or meme.js

>We put a man on the moon
>We
No, you fucking didn't. It was all done entirely by black women.

#ImWithHer
#FeelTheBern
#BlackLiveMatter
#NotMyPresident
#ImAMuslimToo

#MAGA

Considering that Japan is pretty much the embodiment of Trump's America (Nationalist, Racist, hates refugees) I think she would.

>My libshit is better than your libshit
Fuck off, libtard.

Anarcho transhumanist

>muh 3DPD losers

WE

Are you mad your parents weren't let back in?

This thread took literally one post to turn to shit.

I miss old Sup Forums

If you're going to make a single-task device, sure, simpler is better. You're better off with a PLC instead of a full-blown computer if you're building a machine, and the LEM was just a machine with a cockpit.

But modern computers do more than just compute physics problems and timing.

And so here we are.

WUZ

It was shit in the beginning
I spent 99% of my time in 2012 posting against consumer tech/google-tier-questions threads, after seeing it for three years straight, and it never changed
Sup Forums was never good.

I'm sorry for your loss, user.

is that samuel l jackson in drag
kek

>the more they fucking get in the way

Terrible implication.
More computer is always better.

While they got on the moon, nowdays they can do a lot more science and make it way more worthwhile.
You must understand that motives for getting on the moon was a lot about cold war boasting.
Going to the moon or other stuff like that has a lot more to do with politics than with science.
And you know it, shit posting maga hat.

Back in the day a lot of math was being done by hand. Calculations were checked over two dozen times to ensure no one made a mistake, an operation that a modern computer could do in a second or two.
The issue isn't that technology gets in the way. Technology is never the problem, nor is it the solution. Its simply a means to the end. The issue with space travel is lack of motivation, lack of a real sense of urgency.

When the US was involved in the cold war, the space with Russia represented a real military thread, and the US was falling behind the Soviets when it came to milestone achievements. We were terrified that they would place weapons on the moon, or in orbit, and allowing them to gain such a significant military advantage would have been akin to handing them the keys to our civilization. Potential profits in the private sector no matter how large don't create the same sense of urgency. It doesn't create the same drive.
A private company will never be able to achieve what the US achieved when we created the first nuclear weapon, or harnessed nuclear power. A state initiative to coalesce the best minds in the world, to push real deadlines, to have real consequences. That is how humanity accomplishes the most in the least amount of time. That is what history has shown. Decadence and profits create growth in advancement but at a less hurried pace.

>bunch of nigger code monkey early model pajeets doing math the hard way
that one white qt who created the software did it all.

Pretty solid post. I consider myself libertarian leaning, but I definitely acknowledge the role of government in situations like this. A good chunk of our research has all been motivated by the military.

>implying there is such a thing as 'the moon'
Educate yourself.

>A private company will never be able to achieve what the US achieved when we created the first nuclear weapon, or harnessed nuclear power. A state initiative to coalesce the best minds in the world, to push real deadlines, to have real consequences.
Fuck off statist.
The incentive to join together and do shit despite odds and cost is called war not central government.

Private company driven by profit will always do better than government.

War is inherently collectivist. You're incapable of understanding this paradigm since you've polarized yourself with simplistic and childish Libertarian rhetoric.
Libertarianism is the philosophy of the entry level thinker.

A society can be individualist and collectivist at the same time. These are not mutually exclusive. The third position is always superior.

>yes haha I will continue to claim not supporting either of the sides so I can call everyone a simpleton Ha that will show them
ebun, haven't heard that one.

Central government is by no means necessary for people to organize and function in structures higher than basic agrarian societies.
It's a lie spread by badum-badum - central governments.

Again, you completely missed the mark. The third position is not fence sitting. The fact that you don't actually recognize the phrase, but so vehemently spew forth simplistic Libertarian talking points, tells me that you probably got all of your philosophy from intellectually vapid youtube personalities.

Private industry apposed to governmental bodies as they exist today have the benefit of being profit motivated. Profit isn't the means in itself, it is only the carrot at the end of the stick. Desire for wealth is what creates the motivation for performance, and that creates market conditions for consequence. Profit motivation is not the only means for creating motivation, it is simply the lowest hanging fruit. It is something that has universal appeal because it is a very base desire.
A central governmental body can have performance standards. Bureaucracy is not the inevitable consequence of governance, it is the consequence of absolution from responsibility and duty. Nationalized institutions in societies with a high sense of duty function, and that is what creates such massive strides in technological advancement during war time. The caveat is that war is not a prerequisite for these conditions to arise, and that is something Libertarians intellectually inoculate themselves against.

Why do you insist on insulting me?

If we as a species were idealists we would peacefully coexist according to Marx's teachings.
We are not. Profit motivation is the only motivation that works.
Central government is not necessary for us to exist and prosper.

>Why do you insist on insulting me?
See: >Fuck off statist.
You were first to hurl an insult, now you cry about it? Typical of a Libertarian. You're weak.

>If we as a species were idealists we would peacefully coexist according to Marx's teachings.
No we wouldn't. Marx was utterly deranged. He was quite literally a NEET who lived on a friend's couch and never worked a day in his life. His ideology betrays his total detachment from how people live, and fundamentally what people are.
Marx lays the ground work for Communism, and within Communism a central power structure still exists to administer Communism. This is the social elite who maintain a higher standard of living than the workers. It is one class of people who have consolidated power and absolute authority living in luxury. That is Marx sitting on his friend's couch, living off of someone else's money, but dictating to the poor how they should live.
There is no meaningful idealize contained within his writings. It is a selfish neurotic Jew trying to justify his laziness as a political and economic model.

>Central government is not necessary for us to exist and prosper.
This is your entry level Libertarian rhetoric putting blinders on you once again.
Without government the concept a country does not exist. Absolute individualists do not create a country, nor do they enforce laws, proactively enforce and defend borders, have uniform monetary policy. Libertarianism is not the answer to anything, it is every bit as flawed as unbridled altruism. An admirable concept taken much too far by zealots who case aside reason in favor of being an ideologue.

A nation stems from its people. People band together in their own best interests to protect themselves collectively with law. Law is that which defines the country. Without central authority there can be no enforcement of the law. Without a central authority providing courts there is no venue to argue on a solid bases when law is challenged.

>rocket software by ORACLE®

>Why do you insist on insulting me?

Because you're obviously a fucking retard.

it is actually possible to write high assurance real time java

That's an amazing point. People seem to think Russians wouldn't risk putting weapons in space since it violates a treaty but there is still many examples of unchecked Russian aggression that violates law. Georgia and Ukraine are some very significant examples.
It's a little amazing people seem to think space investment and research is a waste of tax dollars when they rely on satellites in space CONSTANTLY with their cell phones and other stuff. It's so freaking obvious space is important but most people just can't be convinced missions in space are worth the cost.

SPACE 'N SHIT