RIP Amazon

Where did it go wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0iMuBo-1eDo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>le cloud meme

>Where did it go wrong?

People relying too much on it without any contingency plan.

Isn't that the whole point of the cloud maymay?

Not for a business. You can't rely on a something that can become a SPOF.

>Not for a business. You can't rely on a something that can become a SPOF.
Just use multiple regions then?

Is that the "amazonaws" domain I see from time to time?

Why the fuck are big name companies riding on Amazon's dick?

so this is why my orders arent showing up on amazon?

>using amazon

Fast cheap file hosting.

works for me, amazon.de and .com

imgur seems to be down too, also uploading any links to reddit.

>Amazon is going to suicide some poor sap over this

FYI

lots of android apps won't load images either.

I checked company's shit hosted in Ireland and it works as expected. I need to stop thinking about this fucking job when I'm at home. But ye, cloud is a maymay, it's comfy but when it's fucked you're out.

I can only imagine the poor guy in charge of the administration of said servers. Someone should describe him in a gif /webm. How his life is going on.

every big cloud had this shit, aws not exception

>Someone should describe him in a gif /webm.
youtube.com/watch?v=0iMuBo-1eDo

does this mean star citizen is fucked

Isn't Amazon's whole point of justifying it's incredibly expensive servers their guarantee of insanely high uptime over any other host?

"AWS will use commercially reasonable efforts to make Amazon EC2 and Amazon EBS each available with a Monthly Uptime Percentage (defined below) of at least 99.95%, in each case during any monthly billing cycle (the “Service Commitment”). In the event Amazon EC2 or Amazon EBS does not meet the Service Commitment, you will be eligible to receive a Service Credit as described below."

The most you can get is 30% of what you're paying as service credit.

This is why it's important to read SLAs for services you use.

Who fucking cares.

You are literally a fucking retard. Kill yourself.

>not having a single Amazon product
feels_good_man.png

>ctrl-f
>russians
>phrase not found

When will the fake news start spreading?

Having worked for Amazon, I am not that surprised. It's one big mess. Company basically runs on either TUI tools (which are decent) and those web based dashboard tools with weird names which is usually some acronym of its function.

>weird names which is usually some acronym of its function.

isn't that 99% of production IT?

Perhaps, but some structure would help. Instead of there being some central dashboard with all the functions listed, employees would have to remember what web tool is for what, so it resulted in a mass exchange of bookmark sets for different jobs.

>I can only imagine the poor guy in charge of the administration of said servers.
It's Amazon, they treat all their staff like literal shit so I am sure he doesn't give a fuck. Hell, I wouldn't be shocked if he snapped and brought it down before walking out.

>trello, quora, ifttt, splitwise, wix, groupme
literally who?

>tfw Sup Forums didn't know about this until "tech"-journalists started writing articles

>quora
>the network for professionals
>literally who?
exactly neet scum

fucking lol

>infinite power of the cloud

Their site design looks like one those place which rip questions and answers from stack overflow so it's not surprising if they don't have a great reputation

Well we don't use aws for anything so I found out when some friends posted on a forum about it then I went back to supporting local exchange services because our clients aren't cloud cucks

xDDD

It it East coast only? Amazon has been working for me all day. Only Coca-Cola has been slow for me.

Wouldn't it be a team of Pajeet?

So much this.

Thats because none of us use it fucklord

this

i have no sympathy for anyone who uses cloud services, eat shit

So much for the 99.999% SLA.

You got to say, for a company that is not dedicated to IT buying a shitton of hosting for the ENTERPRISE APPLICATIONS is dumb. Same for small tech companies without a lot of equity.

By hosting I mean a data center or shit like that.
Of course Sup Forums only thinks of the epic SaaS and cloud storage memes.

>MFW I spent 4 months arguing back and forth with varying levels of management about having a failsafe redundancy node to host low resolution, low color ultra compressed pngs in case this ever happened so that our site would be usable, if not as pretty as it normally is.
>Even had the guys over at front end come up with a nice little banner that would explain it as "This site is displaying in lite mode because of heavy load and or technical difficulties on some of our network. We apologize for the inconvenience."
>The idea was finally shot it down at the express request of my boss last July
>MFW my company just lost an a couple mil in revenue, several hundred thousand in profits, and will probably lose at least half of that again in the next couple of weeks.
>MFW I just finished writing a formal complaint to HR and CCed the CFO plus the VP.

I'm either getting fired, or promoted on Friday. Not sure I actually care anymore either way. Every company goes to shit sooner or later.

The CTO should watch out for his job.

If amazon can't even sort out there own shit why would you rent out there data server farms?

Believe it or not he wasn't consulted on this because it was "a debate for accounting." He's an asshole, but he was smart enough to let other people fight over this mess and give him reams worth of email chains that make it firmly not his fault. I can't exactly fault his poker face on that one, but then again, he knew about a lot of things before I could have found out about them.

TL;DR is there's been management movement and restructuring that sets off my buyout alarms. I've been around this particular block a few times before. The signs are obvious if you know what to look for, and work with high level management often enough to scope out the finer details of the office politics. I just didn't catch the signs until pretty late because I was on site and not in the office for half a year.

As a result of an impending buyout, they want to squeeze every last penny out of things because once they sell, it's no longer their problem to clean up. You know, the usual drill. Sometimes that plan works, sometimes it blows up spectacularly.

The game plan for me is I'm going to be as much of a cunt as I can justifiably get away with and either I get promoted to a parachute position where I'll be paid to quietly go away during the buyout, or I provoke the land whale in HR into something stupid I can get paid to shut up about since I already have 80-90% of a hostile work environment case against them, and it will look bad during a buyout.

I don't even know why I'm posting this. It's offtopic as fuck and I'm slightly drunk. Goodnight Sup Forums. Hope your day was at least slightly less filled with stupidity than mine.

I very much enjoyed those posts

I had a math professor who worked for Amazon. He said the phrase "going postal" would be replaced with "going amazon" within the next three decades.

You're getting fired. If I have learned anything in IT it's that the guy who complains the most is the first one to go, no matter if he's the one who screwed up or not.

godspeed, ally of justice

If you hosted on IBM Cloud you would have seven 9's :^)

haha that's awesome