He watercools

>He watercools
>M-Muh aesthetics
>He's actually paying twice as much for a 5 degree difference
>He's actually fine with using an AIO which has a chance to leak
>He's fine with the company not reimbursing him in money for new parts because of their shitty product
>He's fine with dealing with loud pumps

Air cooling is not only quieter and cheaper, but an industry leading cooler like the NH-D15 easily matches with the top AIOs. While being significantly quieter and cheaper.

Other urls found in this thread:

newegg.com/VGA-Cooling/SubCategory/ID-576
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Ya try about 40C.
GTX 1080 maxes out at 36C at 2,012mhz

>Loud pumps
DTS are long lasting and are quiet.
Mine is over 5 years old and still running good.

Your point?

>While being significantly quieter and cheaper.
Not much cheaper though and putting that thing on your CPU makes maintenance much harder because it's very big.

Topic was focused on CPU cooling since air coolers aren't made for GPUs.
>still paying more than 2x much
>liquid cools his RAM
Hit me with another justified response for your shitty spending habits.
>inb4 poorfag

>he post weebshit in a technology board

anime website

But air coolers are made for GPUs too. Just fuck off if you don't know shit about computers.

Not everyone wants that heat circulating inside the case you cheap shit. Go be poor somewhere else you stupid weaboo.

Not since a decade

Satania bullying is fun.

>Not everyone wants that heat circulating inside the case
What difference does it make?

I have money to spare.
Unlike you poors
Although the RAM cooling was a bit much.
I don't have to justify anything to you.

Water can take in more heat without heating up as much compared to air.
A custom loop will result in a cooler room.
Very important to me since my room is extremely small

The water heat thing is the reason the earth has weather acually.

I was looking in to water cooling for noise reduction in my last build and then realized how would water cooling with at least 1 fan + pump be quieter than 1 fan?

Watershills dried the fuck up

send me 5 links to a aftermarket GPU air cooler. go on you won't find any. no fucking shit they come with air coolers, what do you think I was implying?
just by posting pics you are justifying your spending

I have a water cooler for space reasons actually. The Intel stock cooler is about the only one that will fit in my case, but my case also has room for a small water cooler. So I just went with that, it wasn't that much more expensive that a good air cooler and performs about the same.

If you have a good case, you shouldn't be able to hear the pump.

Anyways, does anyone ITT have a 280mm AIO? How do you like it? I'm considering either the NZXT or the Corsair H115i.

Was there an option to not have the lights included or do you like all of that gaudy shit

>A custom loop will result in a cooler room.
What is conversion of energy?
Unless you are running your cooler where the heat gets recycled back to the blocks you will have the same amount of heat being outputted as an air cooler.

>liquid cooled
>120mm exhaust fan

what is that case and where can I get it

I think he means there is more liquid to store the heat, so it all doesn't get pumped out through the radiator and out of the case.

I prefer water-cooling more because it makes maintaining and modifying my computer so much easier. Besides that computers are already the area I've decided I'm willing to spend unreasonable amounts of money.

>Besides that computers are already the area I've decided I'm willing to spend unreasonable amounts of money.

Why? So you can browse imageboards?

Silverstone SG13. I bought it either from Amazon or Newegg, I forget which.

If you dump the heat out of the case instead of inside or, your pc runs cooler in general and you need less fans because there's less heat in your case.

Google it yourself you idiot. Pic related is plenty proof.

... you are telling me you don't waste thousands of dollars on your computer just to shitpost on Sup Forums? I thought that was the point of this board.

do you even think before posting this autistic shit

the whole point of cooling is to remove the heat from the pc environment and push it into the surrounding enviorment

I figure it would make it harder. I just can't imagine having water cooling on a system I would render stuff on when at work. How can you trust that situation? That is like coming home to find out your house is on fire because you left the stove on.

actually the point is to remove heat from the actual PC. CPU, GPU, RAM, HDD, etc. So if you store the heat in the water, and the temps are lower in the parts that matter, then the objective has been achieved.

do you sit and stew in anxiety all day because your house plumbing might burst and dump water all over your PC? You should, because it runs at a higher PSI and it's put together by rednecks and illegals, not someone who actually had to live and work in the room.

not even. chances are a big ass loop doesn't run cooler or quieter than a NH-D15

the amount of heat generated depends on voltage not cooling method. if anything using watercooling will make the room temperature slightly rise because the heat is being displaced much faster than the air cooler.
my cpu block popped a leak and it leaked all over my gpu for a day until I noticed the temps creep up. no damage. just use distilled water. unless your super unlucky, no damage will occur.

The components are more efficient at lower temperatures.

Regardless, is it not including another risk? Sure, your plumbing might burst, but with water cooling you now have the potential that your plumbing might burst OR the water cooling might leak. It just sounds sensible to minimize your risks when we are talking about big money systems. A gaymer rig, I could understand water cooling as they mostly have it turned off when not around it and generally don't lay down a lot on the line.

Big ass custom loops and shit are a meme that only autistic people with a lot of money should do for muh aesthetics. The low/mid range closed loops are better at cooling and quieter than air cooling, and not a waste of money.

That... that sounds promising. All you hear about on the internet are horror stories. Not exactly the most encouraging of situations. Good to know in the unlikely event that the block leaks that no damage would normally occur.

Temps creep up? Another thing I generally hear about water is that temps shoot up ridiculously fast. Air fails, it still stays at a relatively decent temperature. Water fails, it goes through the roof and causes damage to your CPU simply because of the insane amount of heat.

X230 is actually getting too slow for me to keep up my frog spam

>i have no money or interest in pc building
>this means i will try to ridicule those who do

I love to ridicule that which I don't understand, it keeps me in a safe space where I don't learn anything or realize I am retarded :)

Not really. I just sold a 5 year old Corsair H60 that was still working fine, no leaks or anything. But my parents just had a pipe burst under their 8 year old sink that ruined the entire bottom floor (and some of the 2nd floor) of their million dollar house.

So, it's all about being realistic. And realistically, there haven't been any major recalls or scandals concerning AIOs aside from the H110 a few years ago (that I can recall, but please let me know if there are others).

I guess I just have been needlessly paranoid. I think this gives me a bit more confidence with water cooling. Thanks user :)

hot water, hot comments. In the ideal situation the water shouldn't be any hotter than room temp. The heat displaced from the pc environment is then handled by the encompassing environment's cooling.

that's a good summary of half of this website

>120mm exhaust fan

Its even worse, that's an intake fan.

SATAN GUIDE MY COCK

Spotted the poor fags
Glad I could trigger you guys.

I bet u guys have GTX 1060s and cheap ass rx480s

>980 in Sli
>too poor to afford 100$ loop
(you) got me

>but an industry leading cooler like the NH-D15 easily matches with the top AIOs

yeah no shit if you bolt nearly a kilogram of aluminium and copper, not including fans, onto a cpu socket with some very loud and powerful fans you're going to achieve similar if not slightly better performance than a shitty 120mm or 240mm rad AIO, you're also kidding yourself if you think it's going to be quieter under any sort of load while achieving similar sorts of performance

I went from a shitty 120mm rad AIO to a nh-d14 on an upgrade because the AIO didn't fit in the new case, and while I wouldn't swap the nh-d14 for anything short of a custom loop with a gpu added one of the first things I did with the nh-d14 is swap the shitty fans with a single rpm controlled fan and even then it's barely quieter than the AIO on idle

>Topic was focused on CPU cooling since air coolers aren't made for GPUs

yes yes every after market gpu uses the reference blower designs that amd/nvidia put out because non-standard heatsinks don't exist for gpus

>b-but user you can totally trust everything else I say!

>send me 5 links to a aftermarket GPU air cooler

>b-but user your arguments aren't valid unless you meet my specific criteria!

pic fucking related, never mind that msi put out TWO different aftermarket heatsinks for this card and that's only two manufacturers putting out heatsinks for a single fucking card, you'd be hard pressed to find two manufacturers that even bother to make non-universal waterblocks for a gpu

>no fucking shit they come with air coolers, what do you think I was implying?

why don't you explain to the class, since your only argument for being called out on your bullshit is akin to screaming NOU

>I was just pretending to be retarded

only half way through the thread and I already feel like offing myself at the sheer stupidity on display, good fucking job neo-Sup Forums

Not him, but how about one link with more than 5 aftermarket air coolers on the front page. newegg.com/VGA-Cooling/SubCategory/ID-576

>Sup Forums changed because i said so

lel

>Watercooling

kek. Phasechanging by way of a fridge compressor is the way to go.

I am actually impressed. Can you post some temps that I can masturbate to?

>instead of bolting a block of metal above the cpu lets bolt multiple blocks of metal around the case!
Same principle, different form factor.

And if you wanted an aftermarket cooler for a gpu wouldn't you straight up buy the card that comes with the cooler? No one actually buys a reference card and slaps some off brand "arctic extreme" cooler on it when a Gigabyte Windforce card is literally the same thing and better valued.

man, you redditors stick out like a sore thumb...

where you expecting an upboat with your post, because that doesn't happen here. Sorry.

>liquid cooled vrms
oh danm bro that's hardcore
do you even have a fan blowing on the back? or do you assume the heat generated only permeates through the top side...

But reddit has a sizeable anime community.

why are people still responding to this idiot?
he's either blatantly shitposting for (you)s or is too fucking stupid to realize these obvious things on his own so his ego doesn't allow anyone else to tell him what's what. even when it's common sense.

>a fool is easily parted with his money

>I don't like change so Sup Forums didn't change either
Get with the times, grandpa.

Is that Satania?

Details? What do you use this for

Mostly gaming. It's an SG13 with a mini ITX motherboard, Skylake i5, GTX 1070.

I don't overclock so I don't see why I would want this.

>But reddit has a sizeable faggot community.
FTFY

I cool my computer by sinking the heat into the motherfucking Earth outside my home you faggot. Zero noise. Zero leaks. Maximum efficiency. Can overclock at least 900x. Shit's so cool you gotta turn it on before you attach the cooler otherwise it won't work because it's too cold and out of operating temperarure range. None of your pleb ass coolers can top this shit