What's the most comfy Linux OS?

What's the most comfy Linux OS?

Other urls found in this thread:

duncanlock.net/blog/2013/06/07/how-to-switch-to-compton-for-beautiful-tear-free-compositing-in-xfce/
youtube.com/watch?v=CP8CNp-vksc
gnu.org/philosophy/ubuntu-spyware.it.html
kde-electrical.co.uk/kitchens
kororaproject.org/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Ubuntu GNOME

Lol no. Kubuntu

Ubuntu

Solus, Antergos, Arch, or a well-riced Xubuntu

This

ElementaryOS

Antergos

openSUSE

What's the out-of-the-boxness for Antergos like?

It's basically a fancy Arch installer. It installs Arch + whatever your preferred DE is, not much more if at all. Maybe 5 to 10 minutes of setup is needed imo

Something with i3wm

Thanks Sup Forumsuys
Trying Ubuntu now

Debian XFCE with Arc theme

debian, linux for lesbians!

i liked opensuse, but it took about 4-5 minutes to boot :-(

debian now, and happy

Xubuntu. But you need to disable the default composition and install compton duncanlock.net/blog/2013/06/07/how-to-switch-to-compton-for-beautiful-tear-free-compositing-in-xfce/

this
fpbp
/thread

Why would an OS for network devices need to be comfy?

never link that fucking blogpost again you retarded sack of shit with down syndrome. Memes aside that config is horrible, OOTB compton feels better than that, no need to change anything unless you like meme-y shit. Install compton-conf and tweak that shit nigga.

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

I always find myself going back to debian. It's a comfy OS that just werks(TM).

Ubuntu with Gnome 2

whats debian like? About to get a chromebook and am going to take ChromeOs off straight away. trying to decide what to replace it with

>people fell for the cuckbuntu meme
i guess its alright if you dont use unity

This

ubuntu without botnet

Install Gentoo

The only way is unity
Unity is why Ubuntu is the best

The one you install after being a noob who fucked up and cluttered the first one you install.

Which one are you getting?

I'm looking at the HP 11.6", It has a nice IPS display.

Old meme. Get out, fag.

Solus

Acer chrome book 11
It's like the new c720 that everyone jizzes over

Debian with your DE of choice

I dont like the color red.

The 2 in 1?

As long as it has at least an IPS it should be good. Avoid those shitty TN panels they are absolute junk.

Debian does a bit of patching to their software, but this won't affect the end user unless you really want vanilla software. I like the fact that on stable I don't need to worry about doing an update and not being able to bootup next time. Using debian is a set and forget type of deal, but at the cost of using software thats ~1-2 years old (but security issues are taken care of, hence the large amount of patching).

For newer hardware, I would recommend fedora though, as the debian kernel is at 3.16.0-4. There is a backports repo where you can get newer software, but it won't have everything.

Ubuntu.

Unity is comfy as fuck.

It doesn't "Just Werk" but it is the comfiest imho
It's what ubuntu is based on, it's lighter and more stable provided you don't get the ancient libre versions and get the non-free ISO with all your propietary drivers. Other than that it's pretty much

Gentoo. Compiling and tweaking USE flags is inherently comfy unless you're a filthy non-autist normie

Gentoo.

not kidding.

I personally recommend GNU/Linux. You can also choose busybox/Linux or Intel compiler/userland/Linux

I seriously don't understand the dislike for Unity, beyond the propriety shit. It's so fucking nice to use.

Arch

Fedora or Ubuntu GNOME?

Fedora. The Fedora team works very closely with the GNOME project, so you get a better experience.

>rpm
>comfy

any tips on ricing xubuntu?
i just have numix icons and the numix folder color changer installed

Chicago95

This, coziest thing ever.

Void obviously. No shitstemD to fuck up your life

Enjoy your memory leaks senpai

KDE Neon

brings back good memories, not my thing though

youtube.com/watch?v=CP8CNp-vksc

ENJOY YOUR AMAZON BOTNET FAGGOTS

Well meme'd.jpg

openSUSE
>dat feeling when zypper

Richard Stallman is an MIT nigger, I don't respect him.

Honestly isn't this mostly just Unity? And I thought the search thing was disabled by default now.

>ITT retards that think the DE is the OS

>google literally brings the year of the linux desktop
>complains about it not being the year of the linux desktop

Enjoy your kitchen sink.

Manjaro XFCE

Yes, it was.
Yes.

gnu.org/philosophy/ubuntu-spyware.it.html

> kitchen sink
What did you mean by that?

>manjaro

sluggish as shit.

>> kitchen sink
>What did you mean by that?
Newfag.

been here since before zyzz was a think
wtf is a kitchen sink?

Retard.

kek

Newfag.

Chromium OS

Arch with KDE Plasma

Debian. freest mainstream distro, no command line install bullshit. it literally just works

kde-electrical.co.uk/kitchens

fresh install of Lubuntu

>unity
This.
I may not agree with most Canonical NIH biased decisions, but Unity is comfy as fuck.

>any Linux distro
>slower than any other
I'm sorry you're stupid

Arch for me.

Definitely not Ubuntu.

That piece of shit hasn't been a "just werks" / comfy distro for a long time now. Amazon botnet, ships Firefox with a botnet extension and deliberately makes it hard to uninstall, large repos but very outdated software ("but m-muh stability", fuck off, we're not talking about servers). Because of that you'll end up having to compile things anyway, and guess what, Ubuntu makes it hard to do that as well (lots of development libraries are packaged under very non-standard names, and it's hard to search for what you need).

I come from Gentoo, right now I'm trying to focus on my projects so I've decided that for the time being I can't cater to my Gentoo install, compile everything and fix it when something goes wrong. I installed Ubuntu hoping for a "just werks" distro so I can focus on my work, but turns out Ubuntu got even more in my way than Gentoo. Canonical turned it into a steaming pile of shit, dumbed it down beyond recognition as if it was tailor-made for idiots, and installed spyware all over it giving zero fucks about Linux and free software and what they stand for.

that's honestly disgusting

MacOS

Ubuntu (Unity or MATE)
Unironically Solus since it's setup pretty nice out of the box.

Fedora via kororaproject.org/

>gnome

why emerge is so fucking slow, autist-kun