github.com/webbersmak/emplore
hacks.mozilla.org/2017/02/what-makes-webassembly-fast/
nixos.org/nix/about.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for D is dead.

Because C is deprecated shit, user.

C is communism

C stands for cancer

The key to programming is being able to break down bigger problems into smaller problems and repeating the process

>I shall give them the D

C is the only programming language that will withstand the test of time.

What are the must have things of an IDE?
What makes an editor an IDE?

So Im making a password manager and I was thinking of storing the passwords in a txt which is in a secluded place but this seems so wrong.
An alternative doesn't come to my head
Ideas?
Was thinking of making the store of password in binary but it doesn't make it more secure

I've spent most of my time in school using Python and C++ and learning literally nothing I couldn't have learned for free on my own. But now I'm close to finishing up my bullshit 2 year Tech college degree/maybe certifications and I need to decide what the fuck to do

How do I get a job after I graduate?
What kind of jobs could I get with rudimentary knowledge of C++ and Python and an Associates degree? practically zero portfolio outside of school

was it worth it for the two years? I didn't exactly network or make useful contacts with anyone, at all. should I just email my professors and pretend that I actually knew them well and see if it makes something happen?

>What are the must have things of an IDE?
Code navigation (and code completion), automated building, preferably automated debugging, LINTing +++

>What are you working on, Sup Forums?

integrating DJT twitter API into an IT ticketing system to fuck with a hyperliberal co-worker john-cena-prank-call-style

I'm going to wire these tickets to go into his queue randomly over the next week.

>Title: Internet down, can't use Excel
>Summary(after clicking ticket): pic related

one time i encrypted a text file using openssl and wrote a script that would decrypt it, grep the password from the file and send it to the clipboard

doesn't have to be super fancy

sql lite database encryption

So you need a GDB forntend, Documentation viewer and UI designer tool integration?

Explains why you were in highschool for 7 years.

Encrypt the file with some cryptolib stuff.

It already hasn't. Compilers aren't even caring to implement the latest standards any more because they know it's gonna be a waste of work. No new code is being written in C, and all extant C code is being systematically replaced by code written in modern languages. C is dying.

The key to programming is forcing yourself to go through drudgery.

Call me back when -insert your language here- will reach C levels of omnipresence.

the key to programming is seeing the same common algorithms patterns and finally it will all click

Been working with D for a few projects lately. Holy shit, this language is great. Official documentation is excellent, and third-party docs occasionally exist. But when you really want to know how a standard library function or class works, or you need to understand that third-party lib that has no docs, you can ACTUALLY look at the source in this language.

D is the first language I've used where library sources are readable, normal fucking code. It's not the clusterfuck of C/C++ preprocessing and memory fuckery. It's not the jumble of obscure, fringe language features all over the Clojure libraries. It's not the complete mental meltdown that is looking at a Python source to see how a C routine gets called.

It's just clean, normal D code. The worst it gets is templated a bit.

This is how things should be.

Any good book about encryption?
Kinda want to inform myself before doing anything

So an Ideal IDE has plugin system for
>Code completion
>Linting
>Documentation viewer
>Debugger tool support
>UI design tool

Anyone else want to add to the list? I want to create a text editor that are compatible with plugin management system.

Not him, but which systems-programming language is currently the most promising?

I don't want to spend time learning a new language that will die anyway

This is fake news.

Where did I say "speed"?

C has been limited into low level programming only.

>I don't want to spend time learning a new language that will die anyway
Why are you asking?

C is only ubiquitous in fringe platforms. Mac OS is mostly Objective C and Swift already, and Windows is mostly C++ and C#.

In order to call itself an IDE I think the bare minimum is to have a front-end to whatever Debug API the language uses and integration into whatever make/build components go into turning code into something that can run. There are other things that people sometimes expect depending on the language/environment, but those are the big ones.

>>Code completion plugins
>>Linting plugins
>>Native Documentation viewer system
>>Debugger tool support
>>UI design tool through plugins
+
>>make/build commands system (native)

Anything else.

>Official documentation is excellent
Glad you think so, cuz it was garbage for a bit. Glad they even added runnable examples

C++ inherits C problems :^)

I'm interested in starting this project. I am going to use D and Lua for the most part. For the GUI I'll use either gtkD or DLangUI.

> plugin system

Don't try to be emacs or you'll end up like android studio

it should be above all simple. Don't make it so that the user will end up fucking up projects beyond repair

Keep the blasted menus to an absolute minimum

>project

I was referring to . Basically a Visual Studio Code that is not a webapp with some added restrictions in development.

>POO garbage
It was never alive in the first place.

C is still the lingua franca for native libraries. this will continue to be the case even if for the sole reason that any new language would be dead in the water without its shoulders to stand on

The plugin system itself has to be installed manually, the bare editor will be extensible to an IDE.

Who wants to do a project in Java together

Like Java and C# amirite :D

I don't talk to indians.

>amirite :D
Is this some new r*ddit meme? Fuck off.

You failed at gatekeeping bro :DD

D has support for pure functional programming, you memer. It has pure and immutable. Now please stop with the anti-OOP autism, it only makes you guys seem dumb.

in java, basically everything can be done by 1 person

at the end of the day it's just java

Will the retarded so-called "functional" (it's not, nothing works) meme ever die?

>D has support for pure functional programming
And?
>memer
Why am I not surprised that a Dfag is also a redditor.
>Now please stop with the anti-OOP autism
Or what? It's garbage and should be treated as such. Too bad the fags who made D don't understand that.
>it only makes you guys seem dumb
Who are these "guys" you're talking about? I'm one person.

No, it's the "feminine penis" of Sup Forums.

Hey fellas, got an assignment from my professor on using stacks to recognize palindromes. I've got it working fine so far until the very end when I ask it to do a comparison between the two arrays. For some reason it skips both of the conditionals and heads straight to the else statement. Can anybody see what I'm fucking up?

@59173325
>meme
is this you on the image right here?

OOP isn't garbage.

POO is by definition garbage. No amount of you trying to deny reality will change that.

Epic meme, bro!

>

> bool done = 0;
> setting a boolean to 0

D
module palindromes;

import std.stdio;

bool isPalindrome(string s)
{
int length = s.length;
int limit = length / 2;
for (int i = 0; i < limit; ++i)
{
if (s[i] != s[$ - 1 - i])
{
return false;
}
}
return true;
}

void main()
{
string[] examples = ["", "hannah", "socks", "2002", ">>", "lobster"];
foreach(e; examples)
{
if(!e.length) continue; // skip that empty string

if(isPalindrome(e))
writeln(e, " is an example of a palindrome.");
else
writeln(e, " is an example of what's not a palindrome.");
}
while(true)
{
write("Type any word: ");
string input = readln();
if(input.length

stop trying to force your retarded meme here.

>This hurts the NEET manchild

stop trying to force your retarded meme here.

>POO shitlang
nope...

The key is faking it till you make it.

Research papers.

>retarded
he's right

if anyone is looking for a super simple DI framework for JS, check out emplore JS

github.com/webbersmak/emplore

I know there's better ways of doing the assignment, but the professor specifically asks for a global variable named stack with push/pop functions.
I don't know how that happened haha.

did I ever claim that wasn't the case?

Don't call us, we'll call you :^)

>he

Except the NEET manchildren are the "functional" """"""""""""""""""""programmers"""""""""""""""""""". OOP programmers actually have jobs and write software actual people use.

Whatever you say, random NEET manchildren from an Internet Tibetan meditation imageboard.

How long should it take to make something worth putting up on my GitHub, which only exists to show recruiters I can code?

Name one mainstream non-meme quality software written in functional paradigm. I'll wait.

As long as you can show your stuff is not dead

as long as it takes to CTRL-C and CTRL-V

>text editor in D
I am genuinely interested in this, please put it in a public repo so we can follow it

How old are you?

How are you going to make it cross platform?

>I'm one person
no shit

>implying anyone who sees the obvious and self-evident truth of POO being garbage supports FP
>meme
>implying i support FP

>hacks.mozilla.org/2017/02/what-makes-webassembly-fast/
>At least for now, WebAssembly does not support garbage collection at all. Memory is managed manually (as it is in languages like C and C++)
in other words, node monkeys get rekt by C gods

Why do you care?
If this is so obvious then why did that """"person"""" address me with "guys" instead of something else?

Do you even know what that fucking word means? I would kill you right now if I could and I'm not even kidding.

Not trying to.

I am willing to take advantage of nix project for creating non-conforming development environment.
nixos.org/nix/about.html

So It can be a powerful editor for C/C++ and a powerful editor for Vala at the same time, since the separate "modes" like C-mode or Rust-mode are in different chroot

Reminder to get along.

>getting along with literal subhumans
not happening.

It's a misnomer really, because "functional" programming isn't really functional. They picked that name on purpose to cause confusion, in an attempt to make people the new paradigm they invented would be more functional, but in reality it wasn't and when questioned about it they just said "oh it's about mathematical functions really lol yuo got le epic troelld! XDDDD".

How do apps like dropbox check if a file on one machine is also on another machine? Or, how do they sync two folders so they have the same contents? Are there any articles on it or is it something that's common sense?

Where did I ever say anything about fucking FP? Kill yourself, you plebbit faggot.

You sound frustrated, son.

i believe they use something like reddit.com (it's a fun website (you should know)) to do this kind of stuff

after you, Sir

Checksum the files in the directory and sync files with differing checksums or non existent files.

I am, jump off a bridge already, retard.

Excuse me?

Is that a way to treat a lady ?!

I don't want reddit stink nearby. Fuck off.

So edgy.
Proof that parents need to beat their children more often.

Strict parents create sneaky kids.

Maybe if enough of us report those faggots, the mods will eventually ban them for under-18 posting.