Sup Forums is finished!!!

Sup Forums is finished!!!

theguardian.com/technology/2016/feb/12/women-considered-better-coders-hide-gender-github

Other urls found in this thread:

templeos.org/Wb/Kernel/KernelA.html#l459
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

because the good coders are not attention whores.

Silly boys got BTFO'd by Girrrrrl power!

> (OP)
>because the good coders are not attention whores.
Yah this.

You get so many props already for being a coder. Idea people, go pound bricks. I can make my own shit with my own (probably stupid!) Ideas

YAAAAAAAS SSSLLAAAYYYY

Did they adjust for the Pajeets? 90% of all male coders are from India so no wonder women are better.

higher rate = per person

There's a lot more male programmers including shitty ones. The few female programmers tend to be the dedicated ones after most of the other women shifted to easier degrees.

The author is a retard for suggesting rate is a good indicator of ability among disproportionate populations.

they didn't adjust for it being a shit study

No woman will ever come close to writing code this perfect
templeos.org/Wb/Kernel/KernelA.html#l459

Amen.

>2016/feb/12

Isn't this an old study? I remember that their basis of telling a woman from a man was looking at their profile pic and other stuff. My guess is they took a bunch of faggots with anime girls as their profile pic and labeled them as women.

>social science studies
>having any scientific value
they all play around with the statistics till they get the desired result. social scientists are even worse when it comes to "try to disprove your theory, not to prove it" than your regular scientist

Why would you say Sup Forums is finished?
We're all little girls here.

Women usually use shotas for their anime pics

Who fucking cares.

If the genders were undisclosed, did this study just... assume their genders?

this

when i look at code i don't assume it's a man who wrote it, or a woman, it's just code, written by a person (probably)

Yeah a lot of people are trying to make A.I. that codes

wasn't the original thread about this discussing what GitHub considers "approved" being weird?

Show me one single example of objectively great and widely used software written by a woman.

I'll be waiting.

HTTPS everywhere