What went wrong? Why did it fail so badly?

What went wrong? Why did it fail so badly?

>fail so badly?
you mean fail so hard that they've been sold out consistently since release? I would wager that it's doing at least as well as Google expected.

I'll be honest, when I watched that shitty conference at October I got so pissed that I bought the iPhone 7 instead, like they aren't even fucking trying

>ridiculous bezels
>high price
>no dual front facing speakers
>no expandable storage
>no removable battery

in other words, it's a giant piece of shit.

My only problem with it is it has those weird half curved edges on the screen so no matter what screen protector I buy for it they all give a halo effect.

it's not really a piece of shit...
From what I've heard it has excellent hardware and performance.
They just fucked up the design and pricing.

Google has shit taste, they designed the phone.

The just can't design classy or cool gadgets.

Literally the main reason people buy phones is because of marketing, or they invest heavily into the specs/software and make a choice. Google does not have the marketing savvy to compete with Samsung and Apple to sell the 'hip' product, so they have to rely on the solidness of the product instead. The problem is that they completely shit on just about everyone who had ever bought a Nexus product, so anyone with experience with google products, or does a little research, will realize they are just better off with an iPhone.

After dealing with they way google just completely shafted my n7 and n4 after 2 years, and reading about how they did the same with just about all the rest of the nexus line, I will never buy a google product again. The random fucking bugginess of android is annoying as hell too.

>Can't even buy it since last year

ugly as shit

Dumb phoneposters

> >no dual front facing speakers
Nobody cares
> >no expandable storage
Nobody cares
> >no removable battery
Nobody cares

> implying it wasn't a complete success
They did what they wanted, and made themselves a legitimate iPhone competitor. Bland design and ridiculous price are part of it.

I'm a 5x guy, so I hate this divergence from the Nexus line but thinking its a failure because Sup Forums isn't the target market is nearsighted

not enough people care.
people who do care are too few.

t. iPhone user
Also
> just because I don't need these, no one does!

Those are all very useful features that could have been put in the phone and kept the pricepoint the same.

What is people's obsession with "non-removable" batteries?

Like why would you ever need to remove it? This isnt 8 years ago when the only way to reset a phone was to pull out the battery.

And just because its "non" removable, doesnt mean you cant replace it. Just takes a bit more work, and proper tools so you dont break shit.

>same price as iphone
>not waterproof

>too expensive
>lol bezels
>ugly
>camera isn't anything special
>nothing to set it apart from other phones apart from being made by Google
>bad battery life

>removable battery
>battery swells up
>replace battery

>nonremovable battery
>battery swells up
>replace phone

>degredation of battery performance over time

>remove battery to prevent electrical damage when wet

It didn't fail, it succeeded in it's area.

It's just really retarded to have made it a Verizon exclusive for a bit.

Also it's already outdated with full on screens coming soon

And fuck HTC for ONCE AGAIN NOT INCLUDING STEREO SPEAKERS WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU NOT INCLIDE THAT WHICH MADE YOU PREFFERABLE.

Wasnt offered anywhere besides verizon.

Most people get phones with upgrades and wouldnt spend 800 on a phone.

T mobile offered a half money back guarantee if you brought your pixel to them, but thats monthly installments over two years so its still pretty cucked.

If they let other companies sell it in store besides jewrizon, they would have sold many more.

Bezels

Because the people who want an iPhone already have an iPhone?
Really not sure what they were thinking with the dated design cues that only work for Apple because they're iconic.

Because it runs the same operating system a $50 Android one phone. It has the same brand value. Google needs to realize their mistake. I ended up with a iPhone 6S instead of a Pixel because the Pixel would make me look like a poorfag

850 euros
I will pass

It kinda looks like a $50 dollar moto e.

Who wins?

It's ugly as fuck

>would make me look like a poorfag
>make me look
You're literally a fucking faggot. Stop worrying what others think or say and worry about what is best for you.

the advert was basically the same apple's for the iphone.
so before they even made it clear that it was by Google you were already thinking 'oh another iphone ad'

That design was legendary though

True it is probably the greatest and most revolutionary smartphone design to date except for the bezel.

>paying this much to the globalist jews

>Apple Prices for non-Apple products
>Removal of features, like front facing speakers
>Bezels so big you could launch a 757 off one
>No expandable memory

Google shit all over the people that made their phones successful in the first place. Now they want the "apple customer" group.

PS to Google, people aren't going to spend Apple prices on non-Apple products.

Just like people wont spend Ferrari prices for Hondas.

Many of my friends carry around a second battery that's fully charged, so just in case their phone dies they can quickly swap out the battery and be back at 100%.

The pixel has larger bezels and no speakers. If it had speakers then a lot less people would be complaining about the bezels.

>just fucked up the design and pricing
yeah, no big deal there, price doesn't matter at all

You missed what I was trying to say.
The phone itself is not bad. Sure it's kind of ugly, but I don't buy technology based on its appearance. The real issue is that it was priced way too high, especially when there are phones like the 3t that are $200 for the same hardware.

the main problem about the m7 design was the inner bezel around the screen. Pixel has none of that

that thing isn't even the same thickness. it's wedge-shape and it's ugly and expensive. worst of the worst.