You can only install software that Microsoft likes

So I'm guessing without Firefox and Chrome, Edge will be the dominant browser 5 years from now, eh?

Other urls found in this thread:

microsoft.com/en-us/store/movies/firefox/8d6kgwzl5s5b
betanews.com/2017/02/04/windows-10-cloud-leaks-online/
trustedreviews.com/news/windows-10-is-about-to-get-a-lot-more-secure-here-s-how
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>install anyway
I thought Linux fags used to hate how you had to go to random websites to get applications?

firefox and chrome aren't in the windows store?

>firefox and chrome aren't in the windows store?

Nope. But Firefox the movie is! microsoft.com/en-us/store/movies/firefox/8d6kgwzl5s5b

that isn't linux user...

True, because the Linux way is different and Linux distro repositories are not walled gardens. Plus, can add your own repos, unlike in Microsoftland.

fucking lol

what the actual fuck

PROPERTY ENFORCED nice captcha m$

You really had to ask that question? lel.

Yes. Windows needs a good package manager. To bad they fucked it up by not supporting other repos.

Time for Windows 8.1 to shine

Nice try, microsoft!

WINFAGS BTFO

Will be a dead platform in 2-3 years, like win7

Is this PTP?

Yes!

I'm currently using the Raise stylesheet.

It's a link to the Windows 10 Pro store page, you dude.

Don't tell him, he will find out soon enough
Literally every Sup Forumstard will come here when he realizes his games won't werk any more

wtf i hate windows now

This shit is still in the insider preview, try harder.

Why would you waste your time posting this when you know it's wrong?

Next step is to make a MS account mandatory to even use Window 10.

>Implying it won't get added to the retail release

see

See
The next step is converting Win10 home into something that works like windows RT (only allowing programs which were downloaded from the store)

so should i install gnu?

there is literally a feature to turn off this prompt. This is for normie shitters that tend to fuck up their computer from installing shit from cnet.

Please dont tell me you are literally this fucking retarded?

Just install ubuntu.

Pajeet pls

Opt in will soon turn to opt out and then it's mandatory.

What is Developer mode, Alex

What are automatic updates which could remove that "feature" without a problem, Rajeesh?

>I have never used Linux

If they remove it from the Pro version, then yes this would be a massive fuck up from Windows, but not even street shitters are this fucking stupid.

As far as removing it from the Home version? Who cares. No power user of any caliber should be using home. Home is literally for tech illiterate people that dont know any better. This will prevent your aunts and uncles calling you up asking to troubleshoot their issues, because they downloaded something from limewire.

If you call yourself a power user and use the any "home" version of windows you don't deserve the freedom of choice.

The problems are
- MS gets 30% of every sale in their store
- MS will know exactly how many users a a program has
- other stores like steam are fucked (Gaben was right)
- it wont be possible to resell physical copies of any software
- people wont be able to run their old software and will have to repurchase it
- MS will not allow "bad" programs into their store. Maybe they won't even allow alternative web Browsers, like apple doesn't on iOS
- since most users of the programs you use are home users, developers might only publish new versions through the store. Win7 users are fucked.
- they will remove compatibility with win32 applications even in the pro version, just a bit later

Basically the ultimate jewing tactic. THIS is why MS gave away win10 for free.

I like my parents, friends, and family calling me because they still pay me for fixing their shit and it is always easy work.

Optional. Can be turned off in settings. Yawn....

see

>Install Anyway

dumbass don't update windows 10 and yes you can turn off updates

Ok. Still optional. Anybody who doesn't know how to turn it off deserves to be stuck with shitty store apps.

Lincucks are pretty delusional if they think windows is dropping support for exes.

Have you read the second post? All windows users are fucked, especially win7 ones

No you can't pajeet nigger shill

They were going to be fucked in 2019 when they no longer get support anyway.

Said the same Pajeet who told everyone that they were going to remove telemetry and forced updates in the release version

Pajeet you dumb nigger, they're dropping support for unauthorized third party apps.

>pajeet

Not an argument

Apple Gatekeeper = Good

Microsoft Gatekeepee = Bad

You stupid nigger pajeet, leave my .EXEs alone.

>Steam effectively dies
>consoles become the best way to play games

Said the same guy who told everyone that they were going to remove telemetry and forced updates in the release version
>apples vs oranges
Gatekeeper doesn't require people to use the store

Valve will just port steam to store

>open Microsoft store
>download Microsoft visual studio
>run it as a fullscreen app and make a program
>compile and try to run the program
>"The app you're installing isn't from the Windows Store"
>upload it to the windows store with my microsoft developer account
>it gets "verified" which injects it with ads and ""telemetry""
>re-download the p̶r̶o̶g̶r̶a̶m̶ app from the store
>it doesn't have the neccessary permissions to do its function because it now runs inside of a very limited sandbox

Develop store apps then.

Steam OS, fampai
Other developers also have an interest in keeping PC gaming alive, maybe we will now get official "gaming" distros sponsored by major developers
Microsoft won't allow third party stores

>make great app
>have to give microsoft 30% of every sale
lel

That's where we're headed unfortunately. I don't see the majorty of users who only user apps caring about that enough to switch to another OS.

So does this mean windows 10 will no longer be possible for muh vidya?

>tfw Windows users won't care and would still defend Windows on Sup Forums if it used half your resources to mine bitcoins for MS at all times.

>Microsoft adds a firewall to Windows
>"omg they're gonna force you to block all incoming connections!"
>15 years later and the firewall is still optional

Wow, it's fucking nothing.

>Steam OS, fampai
There's still tons of legacy games people have in their libraries that don't support Linux. And game developers will only support Linux if people actually switch to it. I'm hoping people do switch to it, and hell I wouldn't mind if old PC games got "HD remasters" that supported Linux if that happened.

For now, the restriction can be turned off, so no. Eventually, they'll figure out a way to make those vidya run in some sandboxed app, and then they'll be one step closer to killing off Win32 applications for good.

Wtf I hate MS now
Should I install Manjaro?

Thanks Microsoft, you are my greatest ally

We've basically reached the point where we decide to either be completely cucked or come up with a solution to kill microsoft
Basically yes, unless the developer uploads it to the windows store and you repurchase it
Nobody thought that. You're getting desperate, Pajeet.
Legacy games won't work on windows too, so there's no reason not to switch
Install lubuntu

Yea, because no one was retarded.

Get back to me when this fake news actually materializes into something real.

Could always share them with Enterprise users outside the store so they can sideload it :^)

>enterprise
>monthly cost just to keep your operating system running
I guess there's no escaping giving Microsoft money

I'll risk the dodgy cracked bootloader over giving M$ any more money.

Microsoft is already beginning to shill it as a "security feature"
There's also a leaked windows version which already has the restriction and the user can't turn it off. He however can "upgrade" to 10 pro to remove the restriction

MS would be stupid to NOT block win32 apps

>no sources

Jesus, so many cucks and their fake news.

>Install lubuntu
I dont liked it senpai

Also,

>me
>engineer
>dont want to pay 900$ for matlab
>download a pirated version from redacted
>happy
>now
>i cant do this anymore
>they'll rise price because M$
>1500$ to fucking work

You fucking idiots realize it's disabled by default right?

betanews.com/2017/02/04/windows-10-cloud-leaks-online/
trustedreviews.com/news/windows-10-is-about-to-get-a-lot-more-secure-here-s-how

You fucking idiot realize microsoft could remove that setting any time? And it would benefit them to do so

Have you tested this yourself? What edition of Windows? Did you upgrade or do a clean install?

I think it's safe to say this feature will NOT be disabled on brand new computers that include this upgrade, or on a fresh install of the home edition.

>Legacy games won't work on windows too, so there's no reason not to switch
The library of PC games you can play goes back pretty far. It'd be pretty infuriating for a lot of PC gamers if they couldn't play most games from the ~XP to 10 era.

If Microsoft really does try to lock out third party apps and force everyone to use the Windows store, I'd keep Windows 7 or 8 in a VM for older games.

>a feature that already exists in MacOS

I've worked with other people's Macs this year and I can download and run programs from the Internet fine.

Everyone's reaction to this is retarded. Does anyone even use a computer here?

Microsoft will tell everyone to buy win10 pro for $200 if they want "compatibility"
Since win10 pro also has forced updates, they could then remove this "feature" there too any time they wanted.
This is different from apples model, apple doesn't really care about their store right now and doesn't want to kill their professional user base
Microsoft however is desperate for profit
Also see

>they will remove compatibility with win32 applications even in the pro version
They won't risk losing their SMB market by doing this

They will have to upgrade to enterprise
Anyway the point is that home users will be the first cucked ones, then MS will decide if the risk is too high or not

>removes all win32 apps and tell you to get Win 10 pro instead
>"lol don't complain, Win10 is free, we can do whatever we want with it."

Apple is able to do it differently because they make more profit from the hardware sale since they control every piece of hardware sold with the OS.

M$ however has to rely on manufacturers continuing to include Windows on their machines, then making the rest of the profit from data mining and making commission from store sales,

It would be suicide to remove it. They never would

I don't but I'm not searching Sup Forums to find last week's thread about this that talked about it.

It doesn't matter if it's enabled by default. I've learned if you use windows and don't work around at least 10% of the settings, you're retarded anyway and should just buy a mac. Windows isn't dumb enough to force this and if you keep up with their insider releases you see they actually take user feedback if it's not "macfags BTFO" or "time to install gentoo"

i don't imagine small businesses paying the extra charge to get enterprise (and the whole kms server crap).

apple doesn't care if a system update breaks app compatibility.

Sorry, you're delusional. Microsoft has built in backwards compatibility going all the way back to Windows 95. You're delusional if you think they're killing the ability to run exes.

Your lack of any knowledge in this subject is painfully obvious to everyone on here.

They will kill off .EXEs unless they find a way to profit off compatibility software.

>They never would
They already are mentioning to get rid of "outdated app formats"
Give valid arguments why they would not instead of ad hominem bullshit

They wont have a choice

So if they're getting rid of .EXEs, was all that work on directx 12 just a waste of time?

Can't they allow directx 12 games in the microsoft store?
Never heard if it being bound to .exe

No they won't. Linux is more likely to remove bash than MS is to remove executables.

>outdated app formats
>exe

Kek, you just keep digging your own hole more and more.

>tfw using Snow Leopard, the best operating system in existence

This is Autism thread and everyone has seen this thread since past week.

Windows 10 now basically just works which also respects your privacy and does not auto reboot after installing updates. It only reboots when you actually make it to.
>inb4 rebooting after updates lmao
most of linux distros also need to reboot after update. I know cuz I have used most of them.

Windows 10 also does not lag when you are working with multiple programs and windows like many linux distros out there. Even with low performing CPU and less resource Win10 keep consistent performance. I know this because I have used win10 in budget laptops and tablets. Linux doesn't even come 2% closer to what Windows 10 can actually do.

tl;dr - keep crying bitch nigga

Realize that this was their only reason for forcing win10 so aggressively
Store sales profit and a nice, controlled ecosystem
>Kek, you just keep digging your own hole more and more.
It literally says that in this article:
What else could they be referring to? You tell me.

>tfw pirated Windows 7 and I disabled updates after SP2 released many years ago
I don't care about the security risk, I have a copy of Windows from before it went to shit, and they can't do anything about it. No forced updates, no spying bullshit. Feels good man.

lol

Your experiences are irrelevant to this thread. You can't provide any reason against them banning exe files. Your whole post is filled with bullshit.

You are now getting REALLY desperate.

It says in the article that Microsoft said the exe is an outdated app format?

>banning exe files

>believing in a meme
wew lad