Trump signs laws to promote women in STEM

>cnet.com/news/trump-women-in-stem-tech-laws/

Maybe now I can meet a girl as a codemonkey. Why are there so few women in STEM anyway?

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/technology/2016/feb/12/women-considered-better-coders-hide-gender-github
fitbrains.com/blog/women-men-brains/
fafsa.ed.gov/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Women are only useful to breed and raise children.

women are only useful for making sandwiches and doing dishes.

>wanting to marry an idiot
>being THIS insecure
Cuck

out of 200 of us in first term 5 were women
1 was competent while the other 4 either dropped out or spent the whole time asking dumb questions / fucking up team projects

theguardian.com/technology/2016/feb/12/women-considered-better-coders-hide-gender-github

Uhmm hallo sweeties!!!! Think you guys didnt get the message yet.

Women on GitHub are the best coders.

I've seen this happen countless times, what's wrong with women, how hard can it be to just learn consistently?

>doesn't understand there's no need to marry to breed
Cuck

Is there a version of OP's picture without Stallman?

>Uhm hallo sweeties!!!!
You belong on tumblr, fag.

Same thing here in Straya
First year programming: Approximately 300 students, of which about 20 were women
Second year programming: About 200 students; 4 women
All Asians too, for that matter, not sure if there's some cultural aspects there

At my Uni the IT/Business and IT/Finance combined degrees didn't require second year programming courses, so maybe that was it.

they are either smart or have money. also where they foreign or native

I have no sympathy
out of 15 people in my class at Uni, 3 were women, and all 3 of them graduated with offers from huge companies like google and amazon

they didn't even do well, they spent the entire class periods browsing tumblr and had guys do their homework for them
and they get rewarded because diversity for the sake of diversity beats all

Based on research, Men are better at performing a large, single task, while women are better at juggling smaller tasks
Men are factually better than women at doing math related activities just from inspecting the makeup of the brain

However, from personal experience, Women are sub-par at just about everything in comparison to men doing the same amount or even more, from stocking shelves, to drawing up subdivision plans.
Hate to say it, but women seem to be worse than men at almost all things STEM

fitbrains.com/blog/women-men-brains/

i tutor at a community college in CA. If it requires math past Calc1 most women will not pass all the classes needed to transfer

the reason for that is because women are much closer grouped on tests and statistics than men
where you have men who go from braindead retarded to absolute genuises, and are more extreme at both ends

Only knew one of them. She was Australian born and raised. Taiwanese heritage. Sharp as hell, helped run labs for a few subjects. Got snatched up by Westpac and had to juggle third year with a pretty much full time job. I'm sure that was fun.

That does make some sense after reflecting back on my experiences.
None of the women i've worked with or encountered weren't spectacular at their jobs or tasks, but weren't terrible either, just average or mediocre overall.
Besides, bringing in (a) wome(a)n into an environment full of dudes kinda kills the flow of things, personally

>acting like you aren't a sub-par choice in a world without marriage or commitment with millions of nigger fucking machines with cocks the size of your forearm to choose from instead of you

>american is thirsty because ugly american landfemwhales
sorry friend, in russia we don't have much negroes and those which we do have don't live long enough to show their dick skills

>Besides, bringing in (a) wome(a)n into an environment full of dudes kinda kills the flow of things, personally
Young women - absolutely

>tfw fell for the stem meme
>it was bad enough with pajeet outsourcing
>now the entire female gender is coming after my job
>mfw

protip: they aren't

You can't trick women into going stem, the stigma is too big even with the pushes to get women coding. Also upper level CS classes make most of them quit because you have to become a fucking recluse if you go to a good university, not because its necessarily hard, but because the volume of work can become atrocious.

Reading this thread makes me want to ask, what kind of weird people are you guys dealing with?

I worked with girls in university and at work and had no problems at all. But it's probably because I wasn't afraid to say it out loud when they weren't contributing or what they did was wrong as I wanted others to do. I'm guessing the chronic issue here is:

>OMG A GIRL IN OUR GROUP! I have to get her.
>She's not working but that's okay, I can help her always.
>I did everything for her but it's fine, I'll help more if she needs.
Two weeks later when the project is over
>STUPID WYMYN ALWAYS RUINING THINGS WHY IS SHE WITH CHAD I HELPED HER

Women are the best thing ever, since they breed and raise children.

SEA here. We do not have gender wars, so I have been taught by, studied with, and worked with men and women with no issues, and my fields were engineering and programming. It is definitely a cultural thing.

Maybe if the Western media was not hell-bent on scaring women out of STEM and then blaming it on everyone else, there would not be so many issues.

But in SEA parents will murder their children if they don't get into STEM and liberal arts doesn't exist

>I worked with girls in university and at work and had no problems at all.

And we see the results of a pro-STEM upbringing, do we not?

>throw myself into programming since I'm beta as fuck and realize i'll starve to death and be labeled as a fucking loser if I'm not useful in society.
>studying with like-minded bros at uni
>two girls join study/discussion group
>one girl literally manipulates one of my nerd bros to regurgitate the textbook she should've read for homework. He is pretty much now tutoring her 2 lecture worth each meet-up
why is it that everything a woman touches, if turns to shit?

>Wymen win on subjective grounds
>Can't win on objective grounds
Colour me surprised.

These articles are disgusting. There are SOME women who are brilliant brilliant coders and those are the ones you usually encounter at big companies, because they can afford to pick and choose.

The majority of women are subpar, however. I am not really sure why.

East euro here.
Women aren't bad, as long as you cut the identity politics bullshit, and call anyone out when they aren't doing their job, regardless of gender.

>Maybe if the Western media was not hell-bent on scaring women out of STEM and then blaming it on everyone else, there would not be so many issues.

What the fuck Western media are you reading or watching? You do know the modern West is mostly progressive and infested with pro-STEM feminists that demand there be more women in STEM all the time right?

Then again, SEA isn't infested with feminists and gender studies majors, so perhaps there is a point.

These are the headlines I am reading from Western media:

>WHY ARE THERE SO FEW WOMEN IN STEM?
>WE NEED TO PUSH MORE WOMEN INTO STEM!
>WE NEED TO FIX STEM SO AS TO HAVE MORE WOMEN!
>WHAT IS KEEPING WOMEN OUT OF STEM? IS THERE SOMETHING WRONG WITH STEM?

Who would want to go and join STEM after reading all that? If this is all that the media has to say about STEM, then it is easy to conclude that STEM is hostile and scary and no one should ever go there.

>being THIS gullible

Seriously though, if you regularly can't work with women at some point you should ask yourself if you are good to work with. Not all of the women are crazy or close to criticism.

>Women in CC math classes past algebra
Haha lol

>code written by women at a higher rate
>but only if the gender was not disclosed

im really interested in how they performed this study if the genders werent disclosed

but this makes at least a little bit of sense.

that 2013 survey likely wasnt just for github, but an analysis of the field as a whole.

women are recently being shoved into pursuing stem fields

github, in comparison to everywhere else, probably has a fairly sizable female population due to a bunch of young females being pushed into the field.

the female population on github would mostly be fairly young twenty-somethings, whereas the male population would be a more mixed bag of ages.

younger people have a tendency to familiarize themselves with newer technologies and programming practices, which may be more likely to be accepted as code contributions for "modern" "hip" projects.

therefore, for certain projects, there would be a possible tendency to accept contributions from women disproportionately to men regardless of the fact that the genders arent disclosed.

if say 20% of github users are female, but certain projects accept contributions about 50/50 between the genders, that would "imply" that female programmers are better if correlation equals causation

but i'd wager that, if you study the ages of contributors alongside the genders of them, you'd see the younger portion of the community has a closer to even gender split and that the same community is also responsible for most of the contributions on those projects

theres also the possibility that women might have a tendency to work on some projects more than others, such as ideologically-driven projects and such. if you examined those projects specifically, you may see disproportionately high female contribution compared to the whole userbase.

jumping to the conclusion that "wymin code beddur bcuz gulr powr"is jumping the gun to say the least

anyone who isnt retarded can "code gud" regardless of gender.

>implying the media only spouts the truth
>implying the media has no bias

i see stem like i see nursing both are fields that have a gender dominating them. not only do both have a stigmata about people of the opposite gender joining them. on top of that people can be bad at their jobs sometimes they are a man sometimes they are a woman and occasionally it is a mentally ill person with gender identity issues

>don't disclose gender
>women better
what

plus github approval is a meaningless metric

>poor family
>good grades
>tried going to college
>ran out of money 2nd year
>back home with parents
>didn't give up
>taught myself programming
>no pussy javascript web dev shit
>C, C++, then .NET
>had a job
>housing crisis
>contract work only since then
>can't get full time
>getting tired of trying to survive
>high stress levels
>higher blood pressure
>turn on tv; read web site
>WE NEED GIRLS IN STEM!
>POOR GIRLS!
>GIRLS NEED HELP!
>BOYS ARE PRIVILEGED
>HERE'S FREE COLLEGE AND YOUR FIRST JOB!
>how am i supposed to feel?

Fuck this shit. I wish I had gone any direction other than IT.

Oh yeah: several friends turned to nursing. But only the girls get financial aid and help.

If you're American and poor you can easily go to college, you qualify for all kinds of loans and grants.

And running out of money in the middle of College suggests piss poor planning and sense.

This is clearly a misogynist ploy to prevent women from staying home. Now they will be forced into male dominated environments where men will grab them by the pussy

What do you mean you ran out of money?
>tfw 30,000$ in the hole with student loan debt

>sandwiches
>wanting pleb-tier food
get yourself a real wife who knows how to fucking cook

also learn how to cook yourself you fucking manlet...real men know how to grill and make basic shit

Because the men are equally subpar, pretty obvious

That's it, I'm moving to Russia.

UTS?

College is free if you have enough common sense to look around.
Um, Pell grant?
fafsa.ed.gov/

>Why are here so few women in stem
Because people choose what they would like to do with their lives, and women aren't choosing it.

Chechens are white

Are you trying to say we arent all massive faggots wanting bbc

>cultural aspects

Different races have literally different brains. That's why blacks are dumb and violent.

cd..
cd..
cd..
cd..

etc

400 lines of code with 1200lines of comments allowing students and pajeets to fake their way resulting a fluffed approval rating.
This is linus tech tips allover again.

in my experience women can be fairly talented and capable but they just dont have the drive for excellence that i see in a lot of men. they do their job alright but instead of putting in the extra 10% they just fuck around and talk all the time.

probably more an observation of a sperg like me vs emotionally healthy humans rather than men vs women though.

>people still thinking there's something stopping thousands of women from being in STEM

THEY'RE NOT IN IT BECAUSE THEY DON'T FUCKING WANT TO BE IN IT

HOLY SHIT IS THIS NOT FUCKING OBVIOUS?

>If you're American and poor you can easily go to college,
>actually believing this shit
If you're from another country or you have a vagina, sure.

>you qualify for all kinds of loans and grants.
Nope.

>And running out of money in the middle of College suggests piss poor planning and sense.
My dad's work slowed down dramatically due to no fault on his part, and there was nothing much anyone could do about it. It's a rather painful memory, but thanks for mocking it dipshit.

>What do you mean you ran out of money?
Well...picture a checking account with nothing left in it.

>pell grant
>max $5,815
>"college is free"
Do you have any fucking idea what college costs?

I don't know, man. Get a job? Sell your ass? The rest of us figured it out. Don't be such a pussy ass loser.

>hand on the touchpad instead of the clit
Dropped.

>Do you have any fucking idea what college costs?
Don't live above your means? Everyone in the US qualifies for 31,000$ from federal loans and you can easily get private loans on top of that and any grants. If your school costs more than 4k a semester you're living above your means.

Also, how can you be poor and not qualify for grants. What's your family's net income? I just find it hard to believe.

The word is stigma

I very much doubt you figured out how to leave your room.

who is that ejaculate extractor?

You would be wrong.

stigmata is also valid but you would not know

>theguardian.com/technology/2016/feb/12/women-considered-better-coders-hide-gender-github

gat dam that fucking title. Acceptance rate on shithub = Quality. Thank you guardian for closing the books on this monstrous gender inequality, thats definitely what the original review concluded.

Also, what the actual fuck is with the change stats? 2 orders of magnitude difference between mean and median LOC changed? Is everyone literally just moving files around? For this to work out, I think that means the average project on github copies in 100 times the amount of code that is ever actually written.

Doesn't the fact fewer women code mean they will be on average better than the average male coder? Since the barrier to entry is higher?

Those better be 2D women.

Thank you. I was about to respond with more cursing, but your response was better.

>Everyone in the US qualifies for 31,000$ from federal loans
That would barely cover 3 semesters at a decent school.

>and you can easily get private loans on top of that and any grants.
>loans
And what guarantee is there that I could get a job that would pay the loans with TeamVagina and H1B flooding the market? I mean what fucking idiot goes 5 figures into debt to get a STEM degree with this market?

>If your school costs more than 4k a semester you're living above your means.
Pretty much anything in the UC system costs more than that. My friends who have gone into nursing have gone to different schools, but all of them paid more than that. Besides a JC, where you can't get a worthwhile CS or EE degree, what fucking school is charging $4k a semester?

>I just find it hard to believe.
Well sorry to burst your bubble about how wonderful America is. But basically if you're a fucking white male you have to be dirt poor to get all the help you need to complete college. Got a vajay? Come from a foreign country? Dark enough skin? Then you're gold.

I see fewer lines added and lines removed as a positve thing since we do pic related

>Why are there so few women in STEM anyway?
Because few women have any interest in STEM. There is literally nothing wrong here.

Nice Karlie Klauss maymay.
We need to broadcast this meme so people know what you are talking about when you write :
>cd..
>cd..
>cd..

etc

Frankly the touchpad is the superior pointing device.

The only reason why I exclusively use the clit and even disconnected the trackpad is because Synaptics is utter jittery dogshit and can't even do basic wrist rejection. Why can't Lenovo put proper trackpads at least in their business class machines?

This is about social stigma, stigmata is something entirely different.

What does this law even do?

>spending long periods of time with women
>ever
it's like you want to lose your will to live

>GitHub
didn't those faggots remove C+= project?

The men to women ratio in STEM can be directly explained by Jung's cognitive functions theory. Yes, I am serious.

Why would the barrier to entry be higher for women? And wouldn't that imply a bias either way?

The barrier to entry is given since there's a disparity in representation. I just meant obviously the women there are compensating for whatever that is, by being irregularly interested in the field, where as the average male coder probably isn't, so comparing them is bound to produce skewed results.

Women have different brains then?

Why are women in STEM more ugly in general, to the point to be even considered as women?
On that note men in STEM aren't especially handsome too.

>What does this law even do?

It rounds up all the white males to genocide them in order to make more room for women and shitskins in STEM.

Because ugly women join STEM in a hope to gain power and attention from men in ways they cant with their looks

women can press out new life out of their cunts. why should they do silly things like coding?

topkek

there are so few girls in STEM because they don't have any interest in it, at all. the reason there are always so few in classes is not because they were opressed back to the kitchen, but because they do not want to go STEM

i normally wouldn't support something like this, but it's better than having pajeetas and raskeshas flood into the country.

>there are so few girls in STEM because they don't have any interest in it, at all.
And that can be explained by this:
The short explanation:
- there are 16 "types of brains", not equally spread among humans
- 75% of humanity is dumb as shit because their brain can't understand/notice patterns and "what isn't real", aka theories.
- Male/female ratio is also not equal among brain types, the types most suited for STEM (INTP, INTJ) have much more males than females

"all humans are equal" is fucking bullshit

And yes, I'm not making this up. You can research this yourself.

>75% of humanity is dumb as shit because their brain can't understand/notice patterns and "what isn't real", aka theories.
and 99% are niggers and durkas

I'm not sure how much race has to so with this as well

Stigmata is the plural form of the word stigma

No it's not also valid after a singular article, I would know because I'm not illiterate

Found the betas intimidated by strong women. A true alpha loves tough women who gives them a challenge.

I am unattracted to women in engineering

Welp, it only took him two months to get cucked.

Democracy can't self correct. It has to crash and burn totally. There's no scape from anacyclosis

>Why are there so few women in STEM anyway?

Why study something useful (or even hard!), when you got loads of idiots willing to do the work for you?
You've got to do some statistical analysis for your social science class? Just ask some nerd. He might even get to hold your handbag as reward!

You may notice that most women with useful skills didn't have that option. They're either ugly or shut-ins.

fuck trump and fuck white people
fucking orange bigot misogynist

Low quality bait, m8.

Who gives a shit about some garbage liberal programs.
When they start seeing an influx of unskilled women it's only going to hurt the small percentage of previously skilled women in STEM.

So unless you are a woman currently getting a degree, it's not going to effect you. Since they are only "raising interest" for the field and not actually mandating hiring quotas. Hiring managers aren't stupid.

I think it's mostly cultural.

In North African countries there's about as much women as men in STEM.