/pcbg/ PC Building General

Post your component list, rate other anons', and ask questions in general.

Always state the purpose of your PC, your budget, AND YOUR COUNTRY if outside the USA.
If you are asking for improvements, clarify whether you want to lower price or to improve specs or build quality.

Assemble your parts list; built-in price comparisons by vendor and a compatibility filter.
pcpartpicker.com

Gaming builds based monitor resolution and refresh rate
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/
>To activate the Description, select build from sidebar then click on the title over the parts list
>Description contains notes, other options, and build skeleton for easy customization / cost savings
>Note: Win7 and 8.1 cannot be installed on a 200 series chipset

Have a budget, but don't know where to start? This will recommend you a parts list based on price.
logicalincrements.com/
>Subsitute a G4560 with 2400MHz RAM for any Pentium or i3; similar performance, up to 50% cost reduction.
>Consider using an i5 7500 in any RX470/480 or GTX 1060 tier build
>Consider stock fan+heatsink for any i3 or locked i5 build without a Z mobo
>Consider a B250 or mobo for any Pentium or i3 build
>Add a 240GB SSD to the "Very Good" tier build
>The only worthwhile gfx cards are the GTX1050, RX470, RX480, GTX1060 6GB for 1080p

General build advice including chipset compatibility, power supply advice, Windows activation information.
pastebin.com/F9diF2hA

Information about how to assemble a PC, how to select components, etc.
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Build_a_PC
>Outdated chipset information

If you see any other build advice or part list threads, direct them here with Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

de.pcpartpicker.com/list/nvFghq
amazon.de/gp/product/B018XP3AI2/ref=ox_sc_act_title_6?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3JWKAKR8XB7XF
pcpartpicker.com/list/CJW4jc
overclock.net/t/1623768/will-you-be-building-a-new-ryzen-rig-what-have-you-decided-on
pcpartpicker.com/list/kzJy9W
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

pls r8

How much would G4560 bottleneck rx 480?

Er kauft das Ryzen

laughinggirls.jpg

depends on the game
WoW and Arma3 are stressing the CPU hard. The most Games only need a decent GPU. Im playing currently on a i3 and a RX480.

This is what I'm planning to buy. I couldn't decide on a mobo, so that might change, but the rest is all but purchased.

First time building a PC plz no bully

U need a cpu cooler, air would probably be fine because it's not a super demanding rig. I wouldn't use the stock one if you're planning on it.

Doesn't the cooler come with the CPU?

Should say if one is included by looking at the cup specifications, but you can get on for like 20 bucks on newegg.

*cpu

Lol he doesn't need a aftermarket cooler for that

wth are you talking about? its a stock i3...

Why not a stock cooler ? we are talking about an i3

So I tried installing new 2 4gb ram on my laptop but might have damaged one of the slots, now it wont turn on and mekes a clicking sound, but i think thats the optical drive. I can take the hard drive out and build a new desktop with it right?

Also, imo you could save money on the case and get an i5 instead of an i3. The case you picked out has a psu included and I see you're buying a seperate one. Get the 500w psu and find a 40-50 dollar case. Check out pcpartpicker.com you can check compatibility as you pick parts.

Is it just me or is that gpu overpriced?

i3-6100
>air would probably be fine
i3-6100
>air would probably be fine
>PROBABLY

What kinda hard drive is it?

how does the rig look senpai

Should of bought an ssd. Otherwise it seems like any other mid range cookie cutter gaymer build

Toshiba sata3

I just assume it would be loud and shitty, but I could be wrong

>cpu
ok
>case
comes with a psu but it's probably shit. micro atx mobos don't look good in mid towers just get a matx case since theyre cheaper
>ram
hella expensive for what it is
>mobo
its alright
>1050ti
meeeh might as well get a 1050 if you're looking for something cheaper or 470 if you have the budget for it
>psu
it's a pretty power effecient build so doesn't really matter but $65 is expensive for the lower end corsair stuff

yeah you're very wrong

Also holy shit that's a ridiculous price for 1050ti unless that's in maple bucks

Aight, I take it back.

cool
yeah a SSD would've been nice but I'll wait on it. Prices continue to fall.

Does anyone have the Acer GN246HL? It's a good price for 1080p 144hz monitor or know of any that are similarly priced?

>rosewill
Have they not dragged their name through the mud enough times

What kind of panel is it?
Does it have g sync or free sync?
Response time?

Sorry I'm too lazy to look it up

I hear it's solid. I have the Nixeus Vue 24" 144hz. It's pretty good except I keep getting a couple of stuck pixels.

Been sitting on my old pre built toaster for long enough now and want somethig new. How does that look? Still don't know the motherboard but I just want a cheap one since I wont be overclocking. As long as it works with the processor. Also is 430W enough for tis build. I don't want to go over 650.
Pic related is what I currently have.

de.pcpartpicker.com/list/nvFghq

I haven't experienced any trouble with their products

lol, the capstone series PSUs though are, according to many reviewers and places who specialize on PSUs, are their best and actually quite solid.

It was by far the cheapest modular, +80 gold PSU I could get new.

>de.pcpartpicker.com/list/nvFghq
I'd get two 4gb sticks of ram so if one goes out your computer isn't dickered totally.

TN panel, no gsync or freesync, 1ms response time, less than $200.(with promo code you get when you sign up at jet.com)

I have a guy offering to buy my Fury X and XL2730Z together for 700 dollars

I should probably take it right?

I don't really want either of them and I don't think I'd be able to get as a good of a price for either on their own

Yeah that psu is fine as long as you don't plan on upgrading the gpu to an enthusiast level card in the future

k

Yeah for that price it's a good purchase

Will do.

Seems there is also a rx 480 4gb available fo the same price. Should I go with that? Also will this motherboard work with the other parst?

amazon.de/gp/product/B018XP3AI2/ref=ox_sc_act_title_6?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3JWKAKR8XB7XF

Alright i will go for it.

Look for boards with an lga 1151 socket. Also if you plan on getting an rx 480 I would recommend a 500 watt psu just to be safe, they are known for drawing more power than advertised

> not ryzen
>3200 mhz ram
>crazy fucking expensive mobo

6/10

Seagate never ever

So, I an entirely tech illiterate and have been standing over this thing for hours trying to get it to live based on what a bunch of Youtube videos tell me and I am basically at the end of my rope here. Can somebody tell me what I'm doing wrong here?

pcpartpicker.com/list/CJW4jc
I won't even pretend to imagine that this setup is optimal, but I already bought all the parts of this ramshackle PC.

I have an hdd but cannot find it on pcpartpicker to save my life.

I'll go with the XFX 500 Bronze then. Last thing would be is there anywhere you can buy win 10 for cheap? Like product keys or something?

Given that you wired it correctly, what does it do when you try to boot it up?

I was able to get win 10 from my university for free, but I'm not sure of your situation

Nothing, I might not have even write it correctly as by the time I got to that part I was just guessing.

Yeah, make sure they are connected properly and refer to the psu manual to make sure that you connected the right ones.

Another possibility is that your psu is DOA, but this can be tested if there is a test light on the back of it (just plug it in)

Hello,
im browsing this thread:
overclock.net/t/1623768/will-you-be-building-a-new-ryzen-rig-what-have-you-decided-on
And im looking at the Ryzen-Builds in that thread.

Im a bit confused, because there a many builds with 3000/3200MHz RAM with mainboards that only support 2666 RAM speed like the
ASUS X370 PRIME PRO
Asrock X370 Taichi

Is this a mistake?

This is my build:

I don't really know what to look for :\

Yeah some psu come with a tiny green light bulb that lights up when plugged in. I guess the one you bought doesn't have it.

Have you looked to see if there are any lights on your mobo that turn on?

The uefi will underclock the ram to a lower frequency if there are limitations

I don't know what a mobo is, but no lights turn on anywhere.

It's just short for motherboard.

Try to redo the system panel header wiring. A lot of people make mistakes with that.

If that fails I would advise you to bring the pc to a tech so they can look at it in person, but if the rewire fails I would just say either the psu or mobo are DOA

>system panel header wiring
I don't know what that is either :P

Is worth spending extra to get an 8GB RX 480 instead of 4?

What should I upgrade first? I can still OC the shit out of the CPU, so I'm looking at GPUs for now..

If you think you'll need the extra vram.

GPU for sure, nice trips btw

Thanks, I've been out of the tech world for some years, what would be a good replacement GPU? around the $200 dollar mark. I assume that anything for $200 now is going to completely BTFO my old AMD 6950 2gb

Depends on what kind of power supply you have desu.

1050 ti or rx 470 are both good cards under that price

in aud

Does anyone know the diference between the Corsair RM650x and the Corsair RM650i?

halp me Sup Forumsamers
need a pc that can do 4x games like civ at 60hz max for my dad's retirement. Minimal cash outlay no window cases or lights pc and 24"+monitor needed.

Get an R9 fury. They're $235 for 85-95% the performance of a 1070 for almost half the price.

Or if you don't care about the performance/cost, you should be buying a 1080Ti.

Same to you, unless R9 fury are $500+ in dollarydoos.

Why is that RX480 so expensive? Is that XFX especially good? I'm used to XFX making shit products.
You can get a Fury for that, or get a RX480 for around $160-$185 by buying one that's on a flash sale.

Yeah i'm an ausfag do you have any suggestions on where to buy my parts? PC case gear is overpriced.

I just looked on Newegg au and it's $333 for an R9 Fury. So yeah. It's even cheaper there comparably.

what is the next level graphics card after an rx 480 in terms of price and performance?

best rx 480 aftermarket card?

Sapphire nitro 8gb works for me

The XFX GTR or MSI Gaming X

Pirate 7 then upgrade. Everything you need is on r/piracy. I know, I'm sorry. That's just where it is.

>i7-4770k
>780

Will my cpu bottleneck a 1080ti? I want to upgrade my graphics card but I'd rather avoid upgrading cpu/mobo since I'm going to buy a new monitor.

Also I don't know if this is the right place for monitors but are the PG348Q/X34 still king?

>bought a mITX case
>mfw I soon realized that the mobos are twice as expensive for less features found in mATX or ATX ones and there's less options to choose from

Lesson learned I guess.

Umart or msy

>Will my cpu bottleneck a 1080ti?
It won't.

So, I built my current PC back in late September.

6700k, MSI 1070 are the 'main' parts.

Honestly, are they worth selling at this point in time?

It's just that I kept my last PC for 4+ years, and of course the parts are worth nothing now. But this time around, I want to swap n' change my parts, making sure that they have good resale value. I just don't really know when I should go about doing it.

For reference, I paid £230 for the i7 (boxed new from a friend), and £350 for the 1070 (used for a few days for benchmarks)

Thanks!

no wait 2 years

Good thing you're a retarded autist.

It's shit, obsolete technology. Get G4560 + RX470 and stay away from USB WiFi.

Anyone know when or if the nvidia 1050, 60 or 70 might drop in price given that a new ones gonna be out soon.

So my friend is utterly convinced that the GTX 1060 is better than the RX 480. How do I prove him wrong?

>How do I prove him wrong?
Show him benchmarks.

this is probably the best RX 480. It has the best overclocking capability, great cooler with swapable fans, and 8gb VRAM.

The Fury is a good card still, but I think you have it mistaken with the Fury X. The Fury and the 480 are about on par, but the 480 has more VRAM.

If you think it does, just overclock.

Is it a good time to buy? I have enough money for the system I want to buy. Is waiting for Ryzen 5 and Vega worth it?

I will personally be waiting until R5 since the current Intel chipset is on the way out. AMD is cheaper and if the benchmarks are correct has been outperforming the Intel CPUs. Might as well just go Ryzen and wait a couple months.

Meant to reply to

I guess that makes sense. R5 is coming q2 right?

pcpartpicker.com/list/kzJy9W

If you need cheaper, get rid of the SSD and maybe step it down to a GTX 1050 or RX 460.

Yes. So basically it will release between now and June.

just fuck my shit up famalam.
how the fuck do I know if I need a tower or if a mid-tower is enough? is it worth to buy a more expensive tower or is this just gaymer style shit?
is watercooling actually a good idea?

the only thing I know is that I will go for the 1080ti and the ryzen. money doesnt really matter. I hardly ever play games.

Sounds good

>16GB RAM
>$249.99
Now this is some advanced autism.

that doesnt really help. too expensive?

My RX480 keeps saying Application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware.

Is this a driver issue or should I RMA?

Mid tower is more than what most people need. Considering that you only have one gpu, mid tower is your best bet.

Do you r e a l l y need 4200 ram? I get that ram is expensive these days (2400 is still going to run me 120 burgers) but spending that much on very minimal returns is kinda dumb unless there's a special reason