youtu.be/bIaaxe_HVk4
mpegla.com/main/programs/DisplayPort/Pages/Licensors.aspx
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>edreviews.comew
i need a quick runupon this

>Copying AMemeD by removing DVI
It's fucking nothing

Tell me why does he where the shroud?

I'm just excited to be able to throw a block on there and take it down to a single slot again.

The difference is that this time it's on a card that's worth buying.

Courage™

Unfortunately it looks like HDMI still isn't.

MiniDP-only future when? Hell, can't we just have DisplayPort over USB-C?

>no VGA

Dropped.

>DisplayPort over USB-C?
Oh fuck no

>tfw still using vga

Why not?

>no serial port
>no coax port
>no floppy disc drive

Literally dropped. AMD Vega when?

>The difference is that this time it's on a card that's worth buying.
Since when has the -80ti card ever been worth buying? You just have to look at how obsolete and underperforming the 780ti and 980ti became less than a year after launch to see it as a bad idea.

I like having my monitor not freak out and cycle through various resolutions and scrambling my icons whenever something changes the resolution.

Fuck you Displayport.

>just one HDMI port
>three displayports
DOA

Still more useful than a MAD card.

I'll send a complaint so they know there are people out there like me who want to use DVI (VGA is better though) until AT LEAST 2050.

COmes with an adapter for dvi.
youtu.be/bIaaxe_HVk4

1.43 in

adapter

Then dont have shitty monitors.
Simple

Not really

Just ignore the HDMI port and it's literally fine.

>one HDMI
why not two? There used to be 2 DVIs and HDMI is still most universal since some tv's don't have dp. 2 HDMI would be so nice.

Because you have no need to hook up more than one TV. It's fine if you're using a HTPC, but if you're at a desk, TVs make shit monitors.
Aside from connecting TVs to HTPCs, displayport is the superior connector in every way.

>Started working for a very high salary after graduating
>Bought 780ti

It became worthless the second 980/ti came, litearlly same shit as 290x, aka the furnace

>bought 980ti, seeing how much it performs

Literally gets shit on by 1070...

>Bought 1080FE when everyone was saying there wouldn't be a TI edition

It got trashed by TI , %35

I don't even game that much anymore, I will never ever buy Nvidia again.

Iam just gonna go with 280-480 range AMD cards and just chill. Hell I could go for Zen+ in the future when my 3770k starts to slow down a bit. Maybe Intel gets its shit together and releases a competitive 6-8 core processor for a good price.

Because HDMI comes with a licensing fee and DisplayPort doesn't. It's more expensive to include extra HDMI ports, which is why almost all cards only have one. Asus include two on some of their higher end models because they're useful for VR, but their cards are also overpriced as fuck, so they can afford to.

Well shit.....my gook monitor is DVI only. Now I'm going to have to buy a new GPU and monitor. At least it's served me well for 4 years.

Hey, Linus did it first!

Cool post shill but nobody gives a fuck about your stories that never happened. No rupees for you today.

Had my 2 1080s for long enough now. The ti's look very nice indeedy but I think im gonna hold off for the 11xx range.
Im happy enough now with what I have

That's actually...great

Fuck DVI

>literally the best card on the market
>not worth buying

AMDtard logic everyone

Greenie babbies literally would rather burn money or flush it down the toilet than buy an objectively superior AMD product.

what's a dapter?

Go ahead and tell us what AMD product is superior to a 1080 Ti

I'll be waiting

Irrelevant when there are no games worth playing with it. Enjoy jerking off to 3DMark runs.

Clearly you have no idea what 4k or 144hz is

memes and marketing gimmicks created to sell you new TVs and even more expensive graphics hardware

Nigga what? 980ti still beats any AMD GPU

AMDtards truly do live in an alternate universe

1st time Ive heard mummies basement classed as an alternative universe but I see where you are coming from.
They are truly deluded

4K and 144Hz don't make games any more fun to play. There is quite literally nothing worth playing that won't run at 144fps or 4K on a GTX 650 Ti Boost.

Enjoy your bad console ports of bland open world action games.

So, is this gonna be not crippled on Win7?

Yes let's all just use 10 year old hardware because graphics don't make anything better to play

>tfw you try to shitpost and end up making perfect sense

>tfw you pose an insane idea and an AMDtard thinks it's great

>adapters everywhere

I use dvi and vga.
What is wrong with me???

>Enjoy your bad console ports of bland open world action games.

>no jack
dropped

im still using vga too

AMD removed DVI? When?

what the hell I need DVI for my second monitor :( :( :(

so long cheap korean ebay monitors
so long 16:10

The GTX 780ti is shit, but the 980ti is still on par with the 1070, making it a competetive card, even now.

The 2710?

the human eye can't distinguish past 1080p@30Hz

Just use the

D O N G L E
O
N
G
L
E

>2017's AMD still has nothing to offer that can compete with half a dozen Nvidia cards, two of which were released in 2015
>AMD fanboys literally respond with "it's not like I wanted a better performing card anyway!"

This is too sad to even make fun of.

Learn to power saving settings

Since R9 series

The 1080 ti is a useless card for cheap snake oil like 4k.

Just stick to AMD, the6 will never fail and are perfect for not too much.

But my monitor has a defect in the hdmi port that causes the screen to go intermittently black every couple of minutes.

I have to use the dvi port.

That's not true.

No one needs to game in 4k. It's not worth it and honestly I can't tell the difference between 4k and 1080p.

Just get an AMD card, they are not only cheaper but superior to nvidia offerings

Let me tell you something faggot.

AMD is doing wonders, they are making great cards for you and i. Please show some ducking respect

>since R9
>RX 480 still has DVI

AMD2is good like that. It shows how they really care about us unlike nvidia where they only care about money

>his monitor doesn't have DisplayPort™
seriously though, adapters exist, if such a shitty problem happens

Because the MANUFACTURERS that put the DVI output. All reference cards have only HDMI and Displayport.

Thank god for that
Also the 6pin fiasco

>no VGA
>Dropped.
Yeah it looks like I am stuck with my 980ti if I want to keep using my crt without some laggy converter.

Lucky we have custom models then.

AMD could have some sort of paper revision on the RX 480 to shut retards up but it's already too late for that.

top kek

DERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

>AMD cares about you
>they recklessly go over the PCIe power limit and destroy your motherboards

Really makes you think

Is it an active adapter or passive? Because passive won't do shit outside of 1080p 60hz

DP->HDMI adapters are cheap.

What about 144fps tho

>displayport doesn't
mpegla.com/main/programs/DisplayPort/Pages/Licensors.aspx

What is displayport?

>claims high salary
>waaahhhhh technology improves
Is 30K a high salary to you?

I'll bet you bought the 1080 too
Just keep shelling out your shekels for the new shiny "best" thing everytime it shows up on the market

Who even uses Display Ports?
And why?

but best is best until next best

that's how it's always been user

so should I replace my vodoo2 with that?

why they get rid of DVI?

>voodoo meme
stop it

if I stop it it's not a meme anymore

what is a display port? I know there is HDMI, DVI, VGA, so WTF is a display port?

DVI has large connector and doesn't support 4k

C O U R A G E
O
U
R
A
G
E

Reference does not.

Why keep interfaces that are no longer relevant on your shit?
Especially when only maybe like 0.0001% of the 1080 Ti target demographic will ever find themselves in a situation that requires DVI, in which case they can just get a reduction like anyone else with legacy equipment.

>displayport is the superior connector in every way.
But why? Aren't they both digital? No difference in the data they transmit?

>usb 3 is superior to usb 1 in every way
But why? Aren't they both digital? No difference in the data they transmit?

>144 hz don't make games more fun to play
what the fuck are you talking about? I overclocked my screen from 60hz to 75hz and the difference was immediately noticeable. I think my mind would be blown if I ever get a 144hz screen.

>Can't tell the difference between 1080p and 4k
Get your eyes checked

kek