What is the difference between a 150$ Android smartphone and a 400$ one?

What is the difference between a 150$ Android smartphone and a 400$ one?
The only noticeable improvement really comes at 700$ with the camera.

Stronger CPU which is mostly used to play games.

stupid shit like branding

the zuk z2 has a sd820 for $160 or so

Probably the screen quality.

nobody will look at you weird or think of you any lesser if you have a samsung galaxy.

plenty of chinkphones have top drawer cpus

Screen, RAM, CPU, Sensors (Inc camera), speaker quality and then you have things like design which some companies like Samsung mark up by fuck loads.

Better components, better quality control, better distribution, more availability at actual stores.

Better camera, better screen, useless features like IR remotes and front facing speakers. Main thing is the branding which holds a lot of value.

IR remote wasn't useless.

About $250

250 bucks

CPU mostly, battery life, ram, internal storage space
example: the htc 510 is a very low cost phone when it is on sale, but it suffers from a 8gb internal storage. doesn't sound that bad right? well 4gb of that is locked to the OS and the roughly 3gb left over of that is filled with "Other". still 1gb sounds fine right, you can just have most things install on an external SD cards these days anyway. this device tries to install to internal storage before SD cards even if you have it selected to install to external first. I had one that only had skype and a comic reader on it installed and with system apps and such updating it quickly became locked to "Storage 4.00GB / 4.00GB" so you do make more space and it has less than 1mb of files it knows are safe to delete.
so yea, sometimes paying a little more is probably not a bad idea if you want longevity.

None, they're both laggy shit.
iOS is much better

>What is the difference between a 150$ Android smartphone and a 400$ one?
>The only noticeable improvement really comes at 700$ with the camera.
I bought my Xiaomi hongmi 1s ( redmi 1s)
Like in 2010 or 2011 it have a 8mp Samsung camera that is pretty decent for a 100€ phone

better screen, waterproofing, limited warranty

My last 2 phones were chink shit. Honestly, the only big downside was a shitty camera, and less updates. Still did all the shit my friends s6 or g4 did, but I'm still on lollipop. Oh, and I'm missing a few sensors so Google cardboard does not work.

Still, I paid $140cnd 18 months ago, and they paid $250 + an extra $10-15 a month on their 2 year contracts.

One gets updates, the other requires you to compile them yourself.

>LG G3
>1440p 5.5" screen, 13MP/4K camera, 3GB RAM, 32GB storage, quad core 2.5ghz cpu, hotswappable microSD and battery
>no bootloop shit because it's not a G4 or G5
>$99
find a flaw senpai

Mostly the SOC and RAM. Two things that literally don't matter if you're just using it for normal phone things.

shit battery life desu senpai
slow compared to even budget chinkphones

The problem I can see with using chinkshit are nasty backdoors that those dirty chinks could have sneaked in there.

Own one.
>shit battery life
>overheats/gets burning hot if the screen is on for more than 10 min
>build quality is crap. Bezel cracks around the IR port because of the overheat issue. Also the back cover squeaks when pressing near the buttons.
I still love the phone but its not something that I'd use everyday.

bigger numbers = better

>$99

you can get a mi4c at that price famalam

I got it on launch so I can bitch more since I wasted $400 for a household hand warmer.

>build quality
this one is huge, just like design
>stronger SoCs
most cheap phones get the SD 600 line and the 500 dollar range has usually one from the SD 800 line.
>more RAM
although this is a meme, when you have more then 3gb for most things, which just sucks up battery
>battery stays the same mostly
maybe 2500 mAmps to 3000mAmps to compensate for stronger components
>more resolution
from 720p to 1080p to 1440p and custom res. That shit goes deep, because it gives the uninfomed consumer a number he knows
>better audio
sometimes, this is often neglected

For every smartphone at around 500 dollars, it mixes a few of these and gives it as an improvement. You will never find one with improvements in all departments.
I'd look for a strong SoC and a good battery and 3gb of ram. That is what will influence your experience the most.

I used to use an LG G4 before it randomly died on me. Since then, I've been using a hand-me-down iPhone 4 (for about a year).

I know next to nothing about current phones. What're some good ones to look at?