Why do AMD products always use so much more power than their competitors?

Why do AMD products always use so much more power than their competitors?

Other urls found in this thread:

tieba.baidu.com/p/5003192198?see_lz=1
tieba.baidu.com/p/5003192198?see_lz=1&pn=2
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>double the cores of a 7700K
>draws less power

INTEL HOUSEFIRES BTFO

Imagine how little juice the Ryzen quad cores will need...

>95w CPU vs 91w CPU
>95w chip with 8c/16t uses less power under load

lol

son, are you, by any chance, retarded?

how did they manage to run i7s that hot at idle?

load is lower than 4c.

Is reading graphcs not part of Indian education?

Probably because they live in some sandy Middle Eastern shithole where it's boiling hot all the time.

This review is from Iran.
wew

>95°C
Jesus Christ Intel

user, tell me
422 and 437, which number is bigger?

That Intel-brand TIM semen at work.

The bars look like penises

AYYMD HOUSEFIRES

He's making joax because apparently AMD has the most power-efficient X86 design on the planet now.

Intel is straight fucked in the server market. AMD can provide 99% of the performance at a lower power draw and resultant thermal output. Servers are going to devour these chips.

Is recognizing sarcasm not part of common sense?

Maybe we should s_(.*)_\1/s_ to make you newfags feel at home...

I'm not a gaymer, I'm straight.

But 49 is more than 46!

ANOTHER SHOAH

3w at idle means fuckall to a server farm.

> to a server farm.
It's a home CPU.

>iranian heatsink installers

You sure about that?

When you have thousands of cpus in a server farm, any efficiency is identified and implemented if possible.

3w @ idle sounds like fuck all but it's extra power, extra heat and extra cooling needed.

But a server farm isn't going to spend much time at idle, retard. It'll spend the majority of it's time at load, where Ryzen BTFO's Intel in terms of power/performance.

And apparently, if this is accurate, they were using a crippled mobo that could only clock the memory at 2133mhz

Not bad

it scales to server clusters

It's also twice the core and thread count for that 3 watts.
Intel is literally fucking dead in the server sector.

INTEL BTFO
T
F
O

But it means a whole lot for laptops, embeded, and most mobile shit.
Not all servers run 100k cores at all times, some will have to wait for serial crap to finish, and during this they'll be idle, lower wattage here is important.

at half the price

SHUT IT DOWN
H
U
T

I
T

D
O
W
N

The top Naples SKU apparently is only 180w.
32c/64t with clocks ahead of Broadwell Xeons.
The Zen core really shines at lower power.

laptops will use APUs not 8core16thread chips.

Don't state the obvious, the cores is still the same, lowering the count just makes it use less power.
Matter of fact is AMD has a huge perf/watt advantage now, ever since 2005.

Not to mention it's throughput in multicore. It's not even funny much better Zen is when pushed to it's limit.

AMD will hopefully crack open the server market and year over year improve from that.

"Lools like meats back on the menu boys!"

Fuck off AMD pajeet shills, Ryzen is going to flop and burn just like ever fucking AMD product ever made. Intel does. And always will make the best Processor regardless of what your shitty little pajeet company says is """"""""""better""""""""""

Just because it's better on paper doesn't mean real life performance is better you fucking morons.

JESUS FUCK BABY AMD IS BACK

AMD
IS
BACK

This can't be fucking real, look at that perf/watt, that's fucking insane, Intel will need two full node shrinks to get to that and only if AMD doesn't upgrade its core next year.

topkek

You'd be surprised at how often servers are actually at idle or low usage. They're not getting gunned at 90+% all day every day.

Indeed back when I was working in them, systems in the operations centre were designed to warn if systems were using excessive resources over extended periods.

Hey guys remember how shit GloFo is?

>3w at idle means fuckall to a server farm
3w x 50000=you save money

>That img

It really put a geniune smile on my face. Thank you for your hard work as a dedicated poster on this Kazakh throat singing board. Take care of yourself and be happy.

server farms don't idle.

You're pretty clueless at this.

HPC farms might not idle, much, they still do since everything has serial loads, even HPC shit, but server ones sure as fuck do idle a lot.

user you are grasping at straws now.

The img you are looking at is the idle of 1700x and no server farm is going to use that cpu.

They are going to use the 65W 1700s, which probably idles even lower than most KabyLake i5s.

you do know this is the ES sample they had eh iran cant get retail stuff

samefag here

the picture they provided along with the bench

it had a nice run being a shilled thread

So that means this isn't real performance and performance will be even lower?

AMD BTFO

yeah an ES being on 3.15ghz is going to have more perf from one being on 3.2ghz

#logic

oh, that's where all the samples go when product gets released

AMD is hiding the truth again, putting a cherrypicked ES instead of retail units is misleading performance to make them look better than they are

What are you saying, Geoffrey? The AMD processor has the lowest power use values on that chart.

>Iran can't get retail stuff?

What really? Wtf do they do, go and buy their PC related stuff from Turkey/Azerbaijan/Armenia or something?

And how the fuck do they have servers or hell, gaymin?

they were buying ps3s and ps4s untill someone tipped them off that they were building an HPC with them (iraq bought them and then sold them to iran for oil)

How does he do it?

Looks real fake, I don't trust turks with anything.
Here's a real benchmark from America and more in line with standard testing and results.

>7700k at 5Ghz has lower average than 7700k stock
>real benchmark
Fuck off, guy.

bashing a fake review with an even more fake review

Sup Forums in a nutshell

>Made in China
WTF, You fags said their fabs were in NY
Fuck you guys I'm cancelling my pre-order

>WTF, You fags said their fabs were in NY

Fab 8, located in Luther Forest Technology Campus, Saratoga County, New York, United States is a new 300 mm Fab. This fabrication plant was constructed by GF as a green field fab for advanced technologies. It is capable of manufacturing 14 nm node technology. The plant's construction began in July 2009 and the company started mass production in 2012.[5][10] It has a maximum manufacturing capacity of 60,000 of 300 mm wafers/month, or the equivalent of over 135,000 of 200 mm wafers/month. in September 2016, GlobalFoundries announced it would make a multibillion-dollar investment to refit Fab 8 to produce 7 nm FinFET parts starting in the second half of 2018.[11] The process is planned to initially use Deep ultraviolet lithography, and eventually transition to Extreme ultraviolet lithography.[12]

>diffused in USA
Meaning cut from the wafer in USA
>made in China
Assembled in China

>Assembled in China
I don't like this.
Fuck this shit

All they do is set the chip on the package and put the IHS on top of it.

Literally go kill yourself.

Everything besides packaging is done in fatland, user.
Hence the >diffused in USA
part

>All they do is set the chip on the package and put the IHS on top of it.
So why not do it in the US?

>they were buying ps3s and ps4s untill someone tipped them off that they were building an HPC with them (iraq bought them and then sold them to iran for oil)

LOL! Those brown fags were right though, PS3 CPU was really good for the price for multi-threaded workloads.

>Like every gpu vendor too
Yeah , go fuck yourself

Because assembly is cheaper in China

It hilariously how bad this fake review is fooling everybody

shipping the high tech made products to China, having the chinkbots assemble it there and ship it back to US/EU or whatever is cheaper than assembling it by actual humans and paying them the lowest possible wage + benefits user.

Welcome to the new world.

1700 4.0ghz + 1080

tieba.baidu.com/p/5003192198?see_lz=1&pn=2

>no specs
>don't know the game

>chinese benchmark

discarded

it's ROTR

>looks real fake
>post fake

cant make this shit up

Would help knowing what the fuck that is

watch link above your head cunt i won't post 3 images since i'm too lazy just as you are

>ROTR
at what res?

its from the recently leaked one? the ones that showed the min on the ryzen being -34% than the intel?

thats some nvidia dx12 magic right there

CHECK LINK YOU PIECE OF LAZY SHIT FFS

>looks fake guis so i'ma show the fake bench that caters to my needs ;DDDDDDddd

kys

>they claim to have OC'd a 1700 to 4.0 on the stock cooler
yeaaaaaah, I'm calling bullshit on that one
no way in hell you do a 33% OC with the shitty Wraith Spire

Reminder that this is a fucking ES running stock clocks at 2133MHz memory

see
AHAHAHAHAHA

I've seen Ryzens that were assembled in Malaysia as well

>Twice as many cores
>Lower power
Top kek, are Jewtel even trying?

Easier to just pay off OEMs.

Actually they messed up a lot of things:

>A: ES SAMPLE
>B: Broken non updated bios
>C: Ddr4 stuck @ 2133
>D: Mem latency of a 2004 pentium
>E: No boost
>F: No amp profile
>G: No xfr

INTEL BTFO!

>3 (you)s

>server farm with 4 core CPUs
lol

>>G: No xfr
he oced it to 4.0ghz you moron in bioshock test

This is being ironic r-right?

It clearly is more power effective than intel

Keller is a master of low power design

>found persian scum

Why does the 7700K has a lower power consumption than the 6700K? That doesn't make sense.

keller didnt design the zen ppl

he helped reduced the tpd on the mobile zen platform and he finished up the k12

zen came purely from amd

(he probably helped on desktop zen a bit but it wasnt his design the ldo for example it was his idea basicly the voltage going directly into the cores is 0.2 0.3 lower than its actually showing they will update later the cpuz to show this )

has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like

He cums on ur mum m8

1. Cheap labor
2. They can avoid heavy import taxes when selling in Chinese markets since it was technically produced there.

Sorry you can't read you lazy brainlet