pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

keycapsdirect.com/contact.php
deskthority.net/wiki/Gateron_KS-3_series
amazon.com/Majestouch-Convertible-switch-FKBC104MC-EB2/dp/B00R49LIG0
ebay.co.uk/itm/Last-one-Original-IBM-Industrial-Space-Saving-Keyboard-SSK-Model-M-part-1395682-/322437968971?hash=item4b12ccf44b:g:lmAAAOSwTuJYqMBJ
pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
elitekeyboards.com/products.php?sub=keyed_up_labs,tenkeyless&pid=es87u_cc_bbb_al
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for over priced chink shit

Second for 60%s are cute! CUTE!

looks likes SP to me? are thry knock offs or what

Speaking of knock-offs, the Chinese SA clones look pretty decent

n-th for interesting design

SA knock offs? PogChamp
where? price?

>Budget
$200US

>Location (continent at least)
Land of the fat, home of the cowardly

>Preferred switch type
Cherry MX silver or quiet

>Layout
QWERTY

>Form factor
TKL or smaller with function keys

>Backlight
Doesn't matter.

>Previous/current keyboards
V60 Matias quiet click, cherry red fuck huge chinese brand.

>>TKL or smaller with function keys
you know what fully programmable means right?

Yes, and I want fully implemented function keys, no function layers for them.

Aliexpress and they range from 40-100 bucks.

MaxKey, apparently $65-70 before shipping

Smallest keeb with dedicated function keys is the 60%+ F row PCB at keyboarddiy.taobao.com

If you want silver MX Ducky and Leopold have some

Looks like the Tada68 is back for a while on KBDfans on AE.
Worth getting the plastic case? Or should i stick to 20$ off and just get the anne pro? The arrow keys are nice, and all but I dunno if it's gonna be a deal breaker.

If you need the arrow keys and don't care about RGB backlight and Bluetooth, get the TADA68, otherwise go for the Anne PRO.

I guess I'm a bit more worried about longevity and quality. For one thing, I'm sort of waiting on the brown switches for the Anne PRO to come back. On the other hand, it's still 20 buckaroos off and I am a cheapskate for buying for myself.

The TAD68 is fully programmable and has a nice white backlight and some of the best keycaps money can buy. The anne pro is cheaper, has bluetooth, RGB lighting and okay keycaps, but it isn't programmable like the TAD68.

You can program the Anne Pro on the app. It's a bit finicky, but you can assign pretty much anything to any key besides some special ones like Fn+B for Bluetooth.

You can get the TADA68 for around 60 bucks and the Anne Pro for like 50 on Taobao

Programming the tada68 is much easier and more versatile since its completly programmable.

Interesting propositions. I'm not so sure about taobao, though. What are the chances I'll get chinked? More so than banggood or ali express?
I'm looking up some guides on how to buy from them in the meantime, but I'm not super sure if they can send to the (philippines)

That's why I said it's finicky. You can rebind stuff for multiple profiles, but it's annoying and not as versatile as the TADA68, but it's 'programmable'.

how does one go about initiating a group buy with SP or whomever?

You can use an agent like taobao trends if you cant speak chinese. There is another one, but I just used google translate and made a chinese paypall account. Suprisingly it worked and they shipped a keyboard to me. Look for sellers with a bunch of positive reviews

First make an original design, or if its an existing one get permission from the creator. Next just talk to them
keycapsdirect.com/contact.php

You'll have to pay a service fee and possibly end up spending the money you've saved on shipping, but you can use an agent. Since you're from the Philippines the shipping might not be that expensive though. I've ordered a TADA68 through Basetao, and the experience was pretty positive overall, but the shipping ended up being a bit expensive.

Agents seem pretty straight forward, I'll look around on other websites as well regarding their experiences.
Do you happen to know the different switches when they're translated from ching chong to english?
I'm seeing things like Tea shaft, Green axis, , red axis, black tea shafts, among other things.

Thanks for the responses.

Is there a full size keyboard with the numpad and arrow keys on the left side? Or at least the numpad on the left?

Tea is just browns
deskthority.net/wiki/Gateron_KS-3_series
The chinese names are different

Tea is brown, but the rest is pretty straight forward. Axis/shaft is just how Google translates shit, but that means switch.
Also, green probably means blue if the kanji used is 青.

why not just get an external numpad?

Yes google left handed keyboards

I won't have to if the keyboard already has it.

ok, thanks.

"lefty" mech keyboards are incredibly rare and costly, getting an external numpad will be cheaper in the long run.

>kanji

hanzi

Thanks, anons. I'll be looking around for cheaper boards, then. Do you happen to have a taobao link for the ~$50 anne pro? checking around now and the closest I can get is roughly ~$53 for the bluetooth edition, which would make the most comfort for both laptop and desktop.

I don't speak chink and it means the same thing in Japanese, so it's not like it makes a difference. Still, thanks for the correction I guess.

Then I will settle for an external numpad, I guess.

Why the fuck is the right side the norm for numpads? You can't keep your right hand in the mouse and your left hand in the numpad for office work...

Seeing as mandarin has been simplified and kanji to hanzi doesn't always translate directly, hanzi is different from kanji.

Ask IBM, they are nostly at fault for the "standard" keyboard layout.

Numpad would have been put there before computer mice became a thing, perhaps even before computers, and I don't know if you've noticed but standard layout is reluctant to change

What keyboard is this?

Its because back then the nav cluster was on the numpad and you had to toggle between them with numlock

GH60

if anyone cares, ive been talking to a ducky rep, and he said a tkl shine 6 will be out by may. im just praying it has nature whites.

Nice. My dad works for Unicomp and he said a SSK is comming soon

I must say, it's nice to see new switch technology creep into the market. New Cherry revision, new colors, new clones, and entirely new stuff from the likes of Logitech.

Incidentally, has anyone actually bought the new Logitech mechanical switches? What are they like?

Any tenkeyless wired/wireless convertible keyboards?

amazon.com/Majestouch-Convertible-switch-FKBC104MC-EB2/dp/B00R49LIG0

Varmilo VB87 for 140 bucks. It might still be on massdrop for cheap

Are silvers any better than reds for typing? Corsair offers them universally now

No difference, but if you really want them get a Ducky or Leopold instead

why are you pretending to be full of sage advice and probing questions about mech keyboards? You just repost your filco with the very same keycaps each and every day.

fucking hell, get a fucking life you sad cunt.

if anything they'd be more prone to mistype errors due to the shorter actuation point

>tfw $40 stabilizers

t-thanks

Any reason to not get the verminillo currently on massdrop?

caps-unlocked.com are gonna run it in ISO

Are Topre memeboards welcome here even though they're rubber dome?

I've owned boards with Cherry blues, browns, and Gateron reds, but I always go back to the Topre. Typing on this thing feels so fucking good.

The biggest /mkg/ meme is an HHKB, so yes its welcome here

best switch

Why not just get a k120

>HHKB
I honestly never understood this meme.
A lot of functionality is sacrificed to save a little space. Are that people really space-compromised as to require a keyboard that small? On top of that here is very minimal cool factor with the normies.

Then again I bring my 108-U to work and home. My co-workers think I'm batshit for bringing a keyboard into work every day.

I digress, but the Topre does actually slow down my typing compared to Cherry by 5-10 wpm. But it's still worth it for dat cuprubber feel.

not really losing functionality on that form factor. all the keys not physically present are just moved to the Fn layer

>Topres make you type slower

Why even use them then?

some people bottom out by habit so for them they gotta be nice because they feel very nice when you bottom them out

So if one would want to improve their typing what switch would you go for?

How do you train yourself to not bottom out?

The HHKB has been around for over 20 years and it got its prestige from all the big linux users so its very popular among that community. Plus if you are an emacs user all the keys that you need are right there. It also got high praise from the Linux Journal back in 1998 and it cost $190 back then.

>How do you train yourself to not bottom out?
you can type slowly, or get a heavy switch like mx super blacks

The switch won't matter much but a set of blank keycaps and maybe a new layout will force you to properly relearn touch-typing. That could make you faster.
Training yourself to not bottom out is kind a hard depending on your switch, with linears it feels close to impossible, with some clicky and exceptionally tactile switches it is pretty easy. Are you sure you want to not bottom out? Maybe soft orings could reduce the chances, but not bottoming out makes most switches feel pretty bad imo.

Back to using this again, god it is so nice.

ebay.co.uk/itm/Last-one-Original-IBM-Industrial-Space-Saving-Keyboard-SSK-Model-M-part-1395682-/322437968971?hash=item4b12ccf44b:g:lmAAAOSwTuJYqMBJ

There's no need to be rude, user. I enjoy being exposed to new things, and these threads are a good enough aggregator of new niche keyboard products that I don't need to bother tolerating reddit or forums.

You should try something new sometime! If you live in Oregon I'd be happy to show you something new, maybe help you get past your agoraphobia and hoplophobia with a trip to the range!

The whole point of clicky switches is to give you a nice loud indicator that the switch has been activated so you can back off it. If you really want to learn, the louder and more prominent the feedback, the better. So buckling spring would help you do that, or MX blue otherwise. IMO, bottoming out isn't a big deal.

Anyone using Linux and has created their own custom keyboard layout using XKB? I just did, because I bought a Magicforce 68 which uses an ANSI layout, but I'm actually German and want to type my beloved Umlauts easily: äöü߀ -- these are now mapped to the respective keys on the third layer (Right Alt/AltGr/ISO Level 3 Shift) of my keyboard and nothing else, which I quite like. (I did not remap Z and Y though, I want to force myself to get used to the regular ANSI layout).

If anyone wants some advice on how to do this I might write something a bit more detailed regarding the process.

PS: I could also have used the Composite key to type these, but doing it this way is much more complicated and requires as much as 4 different keys and two chained hotkeys, which is just bothersome.

They suck ass. The closest I can get to comparing them is reds with a rubber pad at the bottom. Not a rubber dome, just a springy pad of rubber.

Like another user here said, that's what you get when you design a switch all around backlighting

selling a ducky shine yellow edition tkl with mx browns and a white fox in true fox layout with mx clears if anyone's interested reply with email

Just send it to me for free, kthx.

i'll bump this thread with memes so it doesn't die

That was a close one, but it seems that the mechanical keyboard meme has finally ended. It was fun while it lasted, but good night and good bye /mkg/

good night
see you tomorrow

that tiny hair

>hoplophobia
literally no one even mentioned anything about your gun fetish faggot but thanks for your baseless assumption

>pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>1) What keyboard do I buy?
> - See the buyer's guide

Where is the buyer's guide?

Anyway, looking for a new keyboard with more of a tactile bump than Cherry MX browns which are just too mushy. Cherry MX blues are OK, but can be loud. As a writer, sometimes I prefer it, but sometimes I just want more quiet.

>Budget
Location (continent at least)
North America

>Preferred switch type
Undecided, what's the most popular for professional writers?

>Layout
ANSI

>Form factor
80% / TKL

>Backlight
Nice feature but not required

>Previous/current keyboards
Multiple Cherry MX blue and browns. Tired of browns. I am curious about Cherry MX clear, but not sure if it's the right fit. I type non-stop for a living and try to type as light and fast as I can.

elitekeyboards.com/products.php?sub=keyed_up_labs,tenkeyless&pid=es87u_cc_bbb_al

Cherry mx clears will suit you if you're looking for a more tactile version of browns.

probably a pok3r or kbparadisev60

Thank you!

Just made my dream board, pbt miami keycaps and a poker 2 with cherry mx reds

one of these days i'll take my keyboards out and try to take better pictures of them

>implying you arent the same witless cowardly fuck who constantly spam shitposts about his guns thread after thread instead of ever making a single keyboard related contribution
>implying you arent the problem

I don't get it either, personally I couldn't ever use a keyboard without dedicated function keys.

Has anyone tried doing the ergo clear mod on tactile greys? Is the tactile bump in them bigger than the one in clears? I want to do an ergo clear mod but I don't want to deal with the tight stems on clears.

Should i wait? Im just about to buy a ducky one tkl rgb but this new one will probably be alot better. Need a keyboard pretty bad..

Yeah and then they wasted space by removing two extremely useful modifier keys. There is no reason to get an HHKB over a pok3r that you can reprogram to have exactly the same layout without the wasted space.

>removing two extremely useful modifier keys

But they didn't?

Half the reason to get HHKB is topre switches, I mean that's why they're so expensive. So you can't really compare it to the pok3r that way

I tried just now using some spare switches I have. There's no noticeable difference. I used an MX Red spring in MX Clear and MX Grey switches. The tactile bumps are identical.

greys are to clears as blacks are to reds

Tactile greys are identical in stem shape to clears.

What is the purpose of those fucking lights? Just, why

>cherry mx reds

*vomits*