Dropping my 4790k for 1800x

how much of an idiot am i

animu level of retardation

Send me your 4790k

You were doing fine, until you wasted your money on such an overpriced Motherboard.

>rgb memory

fag

Roughly the same ST performance on double the cores.

Do you need this y/n?

What are you doing?

If it's gaming, you're going to see an improvement, but it won't be worth the cost.

You will be however helping kill the Intel rape and stagnation.

It's almost double the performance in multithreaded tasks. Single core performance is about the same or slightly lower depending on how much you'll be able to overclock the 1800x. It could end up being higher too, we don't know yet.

You should have waited another day for benchmarks.

which animu

nah, gonna retire it to its box til i buy a psu + case to toss it into. remove the oc, shove it in the closet and make a home server

all the other ones were ugly

gonna set it to purple only, cooler, mouse and keyboard already set to purple.

yes

have been an AMD fan all my life, shill degree loyality to their products. Never bought Intel or Nvidia. (bought intel 4930k for my workstation but I had to since AMD had THE WORST IPC ever)

Fucks sakes user, Iwouldn't drop my 4790k for anything for atleast next 5 years. Do you really think there is much difference between it or Ryzen or Kaby Lake?

I would discard that CPU when AMD (or if you are fine with buying Intel CPUS) or Intel atleast doubled their IPCs. That CPU is a beast.

Although, 8 core at 499$ for with better IPC, temps and HUGE multithread potential does sound nice.

Anyway, do what you think is good for you.

How much did you overclock it?

>Asus Crosshair GAYMAN RIG EDISSHUN
Oh fuck off.

>Never bought Intel
>bought intel 4930k
animoo is stronk

t. poorcuck

gaming + streaming, video editing, folding@home
i despise that i supported intel by going 4790k but my 8320 wasn't cutting it at all.

going to aim for 4.4, if i can hit that i'm 100% happy. anything higher would be sex. sitting at 4.5GHz 1.17v atm.

soon as i saw a competitive AMD CPU i knew i'd trash my 4790k in favor of AMD. We finally got the 8350 we all wanted. And with hyperthreading, holy fuck.

I WAS FORCED TO ALRIGHT! IF AMD HAD EVEN %70 IPC WORKSTATION CPU AT THE TIME I WOULD HAVE BOUGHT IT!

>yes

Then you did good. If what you do doesn't take advantage of more cores it would be retarded, but in that case enjoy your new cpu. Don't forget you still have the i7 brand on the old cpu, that you can easily sell to a normie at an inflated price.

>gaming + streaming, video editing, folding@home
Then you made a great decision. You probably can't even stream properly if at all with a 4790k. Enjoy your new CPU, user.

it's just at 4.5ghz which is hilariously modest especially since i delidded, but i also undervolted, so it's a fair tradeoff.

best board for overclocking as far as i could tell from specs alone - it also didn't look like utter trash
>picture relevant

kys you'reself self

ty anons

4790k streams fine at 1080p 60fps actually. 8320 was almost capable of doing it but couldn't handle games at the same time without screen tearing which made me sad.

having more headroom for other shit while streaming will be nice though.

>never bought intel
>never
>I was forced to buy intel
>never bought intel tho

>gaming + streaming, video editing, folding@home

He is right then.

You purchased the best CPU for what you needed.

I currently have a 4690k and while it's ok, I do occasionally hit 100% CPU usage while doing a bunch of shit at the same time. I'm also a bit OCD which means I can't run anything in the background when playing muh gaymes. Having moar coars and threads means I can relax and leave shit in the background. I also run VMs and occasionally do CPU intensive tasks.
I know I can keep my current setup for another 3-4 years and be ok, but I want to build a new system and I want faster memory too.

you have no idea how mad i was that the 3200mhz cl14 version of the memory i bought was on backorder :

>the placebo was on backorder
shyggydiggy

IT WAS HIS FIRST SHILL ATTEMPT.

SHUT IT DOWN PAJEET

Should've waited.

>on backorder :

t. memorylet

>placebo

i'm using an aio for now (h110i gt) so the am3+ mount works on am4, which is really handy. literally just going to be a hardware swap and fresh OS install on that sexy 1tb nvme m.2 drive

only reason i won't buy above 3200MHz is because there's no official support for it listed afaik. it's why i wanted the cl14 3200 kit, it's as fast as you can get without bumping the cl higher or bothering to manually change timings and clock speeds etc which i don't care much for.

to have it go out of stock and get price gouged?
if it's bad i'd rather return it and get my money back. so i took the chance and preordered it

Massive retard. Literally why? Even if it's an upgrade it's a very small one.

At the current rate of CPU development a 4790k would easily last you for 10 years before you'd feel any sort of real world need to upgrade it.

You're basically burning $750.

>no measurement error included
>no number of samples taken
>this 1 frame difference is totally because of ram speed, the test was not influenced by anything else
>pony up, user!
you're fucking retarded

let me know when my 4790k will grow four cores and 8 threads

If you actually need more cores then why the fuck did you buy a 4 core processor to begin with.

because he's an idiot

I meant instead of buying 4790k. Preordering at this point is probably a smart move.

>Not knowing Intel's 6-8 cores at the times were hugely overprices, even more so than todays...

This is an +18 website, get the fuck out.

>This is an +18 website
there's no need to lie on the internet

i got the 4790k back in 2014, needs change
i don't understand why you're so dense
you as well wtf lol

ive had the 4790k for a while now. i figured if i wasn't happy with what i'm getting i'll just send it all back and get my money > wait for something better.

>Preordering
>smart move
pick one

Obviously if he really needs the extra cores it's fine to get the Ryzen.

I'm just saying that CPUs is where people waste the biggest amount of money on performance they will never use.

For most regular users even a super old cheap as fuck CPU like a 965 is still perfectly fine.

I have 4690k and I intend to keep it until ryzen2 at least. Also why 4 memory sticks instead of 2?

regularly run out of ram at 16gb
plus it felt wrong to leave two slots open with ram that pretty

Top tier CPU is only worth it if you already have top GPU.

You already have a 1080, r-right ?

980ti classified

good enough for now

just running dual 144hz 1080p, so i don't need anything more than this.

You did good user