Nihilism Edition

Nihilism Edition

Healthy reminder that
>cyberpunk is now

>What is cyberpunk?
Cyberpunk is a genre of science fiction set in a lawless subculture of an oppressive society dominated by computer technology (like this one).

>>> Resources Old Pasta

Other urls found in this thread:

wakeup-world.com/2011/11/25/erasing-your-digital-footprint/
theguardian.com/world/2013/sep/05/nsa-how-to-remain-secure-surveillance
groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/alt.cyberpunk
discord.gg/QNBzFhF
unsafe.space
eff.org/deeplinks/2012/02/how-remove-your-youtube-viewing-and-search-history-googles-new-privacy-policy
eff.org/deeplinks/2012/02/how-remove-your-google-search-history-googles-new-privacy-policy-takes-effect
privacytools.io/
prism-break.org/en/
pastebin.com/GAMmimeQ
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Cyberpunk
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/CyberpunkTropes
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Useful links from previous threads:

Erasing Your Digital Footprint
wakeup-world.com/2011/11/25/erasing-your-digital-footprint/

NSA surveillance: how to stay secure
theguardian.com/world/2013/sep/05/nsa-how-to-remain-secure-surveillance

groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/alt.cyberpunk

Chatsubo - Cyberpunk Bar-Themed Discord
discord.gg/QNBzFhF

Unsafe Space - GNUsocial for schway kobuns with dangerous ideas
unsafe.space

How to Remove Your YouTube Viewing and Search History Before Google's New Privacy Policy Takes Effect
eff.org/deeplinks/2012/02/how-remove-your-youtube-viewing-and-search-history-googles-new-privacy-policy

How to Remove Your Google Search History Before Google's New Privacy Policy Takes Effect
eff.org/deeplinks/2012/02/how-remove-your-google-search-history-googles-new-privacy-policy-takes-effect

Privacy Tools - Encryption against global mass surveillance privacytools.io/

PRISM Break - Opt out of global data surveillance programs like PRISM, XKeyscore, and Tempora prism-break.org/en/

Existential nihilism makes sense, moral nihilism will destroy humanity.

That's true, i feel like when most people say nihilism, they're referring to the existential variety, as moral nihilism is basically serial killer logic

Recommend some cyberpunk movies

bladerunner

ghost in the shell

akira

want more?

tv static

>tfw haven't read any of the cyberpunk novels after finally reading neuromancer

dang, even bought an ereader and got a bunch of epubs for this.

Yes
Thats too abstract for me

>[...]lawless[...]society[...](like this one)

where the fuck do you live kek

Fuckin' fake news.

OK, good of you to start these, however these are hard to keep alive. Also...

>Organized Links: pastebin.com/GAMmimeQ (NEW!)
This is not so new; all the suggestions from last few rounds have not been added.

terminator
robocop
johnny mnemonic
hackers
THX1138
brazil
12 monkeys
a scanner darkly
dredd

technically elysium and chappie are cyberpunk.

>Suggestions
>cyberpunk movies
Check out TV Tropes, specifically
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Cyberpunk - though they spell it "Cyber Punk" the lists are comprehensive

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/CyberpunkTropes - A list of tropes

Thanks

Elysium's aesthetic was great, definitely counts
How do you add them?

I hope so, although I think a lot of people believe that you can't have subjective morality without moral nihilism

Strange days

My alltime favorite most-cyb-movie is Max Headroom desu. High tech geurilla journalism is always cyb.

Either OP has to edit the pasta or make a new one.

I am still thinking of updating that old alt.cyberpunk FAQ which is about, oh, 10 years old now. What format? LaTeX, HTML, txt, Wiki or what?

Do it, but no wiki plox

That is an excellent cyberpunk movie. I never met anyone else that likes it but I really dig that one.

It's pretty good, not the most amazing but done pretty well.

pastebin.com/mJQwSmVk

These should all be added from past ~2 threads. Either Foxy can do it or I can make a new one later tonight.
Am I missing any?

I honestly think it was an amazing piece of work. A lot of my favorite actors were in it. It had good cinematography with parts like wearing a go pro before go pros were a thing. It wasn't bogged down with CGI but had some interesting effects thrown in so it doesn't hit that uncanny valley where it looks like a weird cartoon. I hate how modern films tend to obscure action sequences by making the camera unstable and flashing between 3-4 different camera takes and splicing together a motion sickness inducing sequence for a burst of the more interesting film sequences. It really sticks closer to what I always imagined a lot of cyberpunk where it seems like a normal period piece from that time with a little sci fi thrown into it, rather than sci fi film with budget cut for some of the sets as sci fi buildings just get really unrealistic in height scale and architecture and all the old bones of the city it's set in disappear when all the new stuff would be built around it in real life. Excellent plot, the characters didn't seem cliche. Honestly one of my favorite films of all time.

What makes you think you can?

valka is a butt

who am i

That reminds me. Anyone seen H+?
I haven't watched it yet but heard it was decent.

The youtube series?

People have been telling me systemspace.link is cyb. Is it?

>Post tons of privacy shit
>discord

We still have four months until we find out.

>Thats too abstract for me
>

Moral nihilism at its core is a lack of morality whereas subjective morality often carries a moral code so it is possible.

yeah, its the distinction between nihilism and relativism

Suggest cyberpunk videogames, or alternatively videogames with emphasis on urban/metropolitan architecture

I'll start:
Deux ex (duh)
Mirror's edge games (kind of)
Remember me
Beyond Good and Evil (I loved this game so much)

Now that Mirror's edge has been mentioned, does anybody know where can I find more media (movies, games, music etc.) with the aesthetics of that game? Except for the corporations it seems like most cyberpunk is dark, dirty and grimy, whereas Mirror's Edge has bright themes, unnatural cleanliness.

There are also comics. I think there are 2 series, not sure. There is oddly little information about these.

I read this in the archives:
>portable piratebox with battery packs
>zsun sd card reader and battery packs as dead drops
>portable hardkernel micro pc with at least 4 SDR and understand everything about SDR and has battery packs and solar chargers.
How would I set up a cheap piratebox? Would running it on a zsun be viable just to play around and broadcast in the library or campus when I study or have classes?
Also, what would the third item be used for (hardkernel pc with 4 SDR)? I've done a little research into SDRs just now and it seems it would be useful to pick up a variety of communication signals. But why 4?

Half-Life 2 and episodes (it is!)
SOMA
VA11 Hall-A
E.Y.E. Divine Cybermancy
Shadowrun
System shock

>But why 4?
Not him but I can guess: using 3, preferably 4, and with all in coherent mode you can use these to operate
- in direction finding (DF) mode
- send communications in a directed beam (beamforming)
- operate in MIMO mode

If you operate something like this in a campus you are very likely to be noticed with people having interest and means to find the physical position of the box. By offsetting 2 antennas from the other 2 antennas you can also estimate distance and go into EMCON if someone is getting too close.

Mirror's edge 1 didn't really have that cleanliness, it was more that it was textured all white because "runner vision" but I get your point. Mirror's edge 2 however, I really love the look of the buildings around where plastic lives in.

I found similar aesthetic themes (white walls, sometimes smudged grey with soot) from the portal franchise, as well as the movie 'automata' (2014). automata kind of leans more to the sci-fi side of stuff and the story is so-so, but the aesthetics are really nice looking.

You know, I've never really seen the meaning in pirateboxes besides as a fun build project, but since the fall of KAT and what.cd, I am seeing some potential for people distributing stuff from private trackers to normies. Look up what books people need for classes and download and publish them for maximum cyberpunk anarchy