BRAVO APPLE

>watching a show on laptop with Airpods in
>have to get up and get a drink
>don't pause, just walk into other room and continue listening
>double tap airpod and ask Siri how many calories are in a glass of orange juice
>she answers then continues playback
>finish watching show and switch to connect to iphone in a matter of seconds and one button press
>start listening to music
>take a phone call on airpods while phone is in the next room
>call ends and playback continues
>double tap airpod and tell siri to skip track and send a message to my gf
>all while phone is in the other room
If this isn't the future I don't know what is

Other urls found in this thread:

zdnet.com/product/samsung-gear-iconx/
m.ebay.com/itm/232257564658
theverge.com/2016/11/22/13714268/bragi-headphone-wireless-earbuds-review-bluetooth-dash
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>double tap airpod and ask Siri

yes yes good goy

>literally things that you could do for years
I think the best bait of this post is you pointing out that playback continues after you do something

>literally things that you could do for years
you couldn't do any of this for years you dimwit, you had to either have your phone in your hand or wired headphones to do any of those things

>apple invented wireless headphones

lel

>>double tap airpod and ask Siri how many calories are in a glass of orange juice
your fake story became very obvious here, sorry bud.

Wireless headphones? No. High quality multi function earbuds? Yes.

>High quality

>fake story
It actually isn't, and I left out the part where I removed one and it auto paused and auto resumed when I put it back in.

>asking a "digital assistant" for calories in orange juice rather than looking at the label

macfags everyone

I squeezed it myself the previous day you freaking mong.

Siri doesn't count the grease from the fat rolls in your hands you also let squeeze in.

>watching a show on TV
>don't pause, just keep listening through the speakers because unlike OP, I don't live in a mansion
>pour glass of orange juice without worrying about the calories because I don't give two shits
>finish watching show and plug in earbuds in a matter of seconds
>start listening to music
>take a phone call with phone in hand because it was already there anyway
>call ends and I tap a single button to resume playback
>tap button and skip track because phone is still in hands
>all while never running out of battery on my earbuds
why can't you just pick up your phone, OP?

and its fakeness was 100% confirmed @

>send a message to my gf

>multifunction

Literally a fucking button.

rude
I don't want to carry my phone around for every task. I could, but to not have to is nice. From a technological standpoint my way is less caveman-ish than your way. Also, I don't worry about battery because they last so long.

>last so long

Wireless < 1/4" auxiliary

There is no button, they have motion sensors.

Yes, they last at least 5 hours of continuous playback, most people have lives that involve not listening to something nonstop for five hours straight, and when you take them out the case charges them incredibly fast. Even if you ran them down to 20%, you could take a piss and get a drink and they would be charged to at least 50% again.

oops dropped one of my 159 dollar airpods
guess they're useless now

now this is shilling

oops dropped your $250 think pad
guess it's useless now

nice argument

>comparing chink plastic shit to one of the most durable consumer laptops on the market
apple shill confirmed

>this new gadget that applel profited over 200% off of me buying work really well around my lifestyle, even though I now have to change everything about said lifestyle because applel always knows what's best for me and makes it easy to forget about using logic and common sense because those concepts are often too hard

Basically every Apple fan.

Oh boy, it's like having Wolfram Alpha in your ears. Amazing!

>send a message to my gf
I was a little suspicious of this post from the beginning, but I know you're blatantly lying.

wow

because of my mental incapacitation I leave my phone laying around and need $150 earbuds to acommadate my special needs

luckily our friendly american vendor apple is here to make sure everyone (with lotsa dough shh shh) can pay no attention whatsover to whats going on around them and focus on the important things

This is bait but this is how Apple fanboys actually think.

You know the really over the top meme "As seen on TV" commercials? Where everything is black and white and some rather simple task is made out to be this massive source of stress in your life?

Then all the sudden, like a magic or a miracle Apple unleashes it's product. The once frustrated, black and white person is now smiling in full color.

Bluetooth headphones which existed for close to two decades are now items which disconnect "all the time", "sound bad" and are "frustrating"

>double tap "hands free device" AND say hi siri

How autistic can you get

>listening to show instead of watching
>not listening to music on your laptop
>having people call you
>having a gf

weird

Lol alright, throw over engineered on the list.

This. Literally this.
Also, nice blog post OP. Can you please get a trip code so I never have to miss one of your posts again?

People have been able to do this for years with an Android phone (google now) and $10 Bluetooth earbuds.

It's just that Apple makes it look fancy and now everyone thinks they invented it.

>watching show on laptop with airpods in
>don't pause and walk away to a weaker signal
>drop £3million airpods into orange juice
>orange juice is ruined
>pour ruined orange juice down the drain.
>browse Sup Forums and become enlightened
>get a thinkpad
>stop using apple
>install gentoo

Brava*

Pretty much. My favorite thing about apple's marketing is what you meant in

>Bluetooth headphones which existed for close to two decades are now items which disconnect "all the time", "sound bad" and are "frustrating"

Can't count the times I've seen this kind of behavior from apple drones. The most ridiculous case was with the headphone jack removal debacle. Suddenly you had all these people around popping out of nowhere to tell about how the presence of a headphone jack was responsible for the death of their family and other bullshit stories, or just saying how they were "a hundred years old!!!!" as if that in itself conveyed any message. I'm pretty sure electricity itself was discovered way before the p2 jack was invented, but you don't suddenly see people complaining about how we still use it or something now, do you?

>$10 Bluetooth earbuds.
prove it. I'll wait.

> 1/4 aux
> Implying this would be found on a phone

Inb4 pretending to be retarded

user. who is this?

this is the future user

welcome

bump

The headphone jack is gone because it was a lint collector that generated frivolous service claims, because it's relatively easy to break shit off in it, and because its placement pointed it straight at the battery, meaning that if you shoved something pointy up in there, it was very possible to puncture the battery. (Apple's technician documentation explicitly warns you never to do so.)

The W1's functionality is not something that has been around for 'years'. Painless pair switching is a godsend, and is in fact something that used to frustrate me a great deal when using my other cheap wireless headphones.

What? If anything, having AirPods lifted constraints of traditional headphones, allowing me to listen freely without lifestyle compromises. They ride in my pocket a lot better than my wired 'buds did. I can also choose to listen in just one ear without having the other bud dangling awkwardly, and it even detects that you're doing that and downmixes the audio to mono so you can hear both channels in that ear (fantastic for podcasts/audiobooks). I've never had problems with the battery life, either. In real-world conditions, you're likely to stop using them for at least ten minutes every five hours without even thinking about it. Ten minutes in the case tends to yield about two more hours of time. Meanwhile, they've done us a solid by being less expensive than any and all comparable products.

I think they done good.

COURAGE

I have $30 bluetooth headphones that do more, work with Android, and sound better. Fuck off apple shill.

olivia dixon

Show me how they switch pairings between your phone, tablet, and laptop in three seconds or less. While you're at it, slow me how you listen through only one ear when you deem such to be necessary, and how you manage to avoid sacrificing the other audio channel when you do.

I'll wait.

Also, AirPods work with Android. They work with anything that has Bluetooth. The only Apple-exclusive features are Siri invocation and W1 pair switching.

I connect to to my computer phone or laptop. I slide one off of an ear.

I can just use Google Now, which is better anyways.

I think you missed the point of what I was saying. I asked you how long it takes you to switch pairings, and what steps you have to take in order to bring that about.

Also,
>I can just use Google Now, which is better anyways.

Of course Google Now is better, but you're completely missing the point. I'm saying that you're mistaken, and that AirPods are perfectly serviceable on Android, or on any other platform.

>and because its placement pointed it straight at the battery, meaning that if you shoved something pointy up in there, it was very possible to puncture the battery

You can't shove the headphone tip more than the jack allows to, and you certainly don't need the jack to rip through the battery, even a fucking knife through the screen will do it. I don't see the point you're trying to make.

>I slide one off of an ear.

I also find it laughable that you're harping on "audio quality" while being willing to sacrifice literally 50% of your audio channels in all one-ear situations.

I think you're missing the point. It takes me one button hold to switch. From what I've seen, they're $130+. Why? Because Apple makes them. Even though they do the same thing as other products, only worse. Its the same as with the iPad pen, and 3D touch.

kek'd and check'd

Nigger you're retarded. He asked how I can use one channel, I told him how. It doesn't mean I regularly use one channel.

I'm not talking about the headphone plug puncturing the battery. I'm talking about other sharp objects doing it. Believe me, people are dumb enough to stick things up in there, especially when they see debris in there. I'm an Apple technician, and I see debris-in-jack literally at least once a week.

Still missing the point. AirPods downmix stereo audio to mono when you're only wearing one of them, so you don't miss out on the audio from the channel you're not wearing, whereas you just sacrifice the channel.

>I paid $130 to have mono audio when I have one in
What situation is that useful? Do you regularly listen to music or television with mono?

>Because Apple makes them.

Show me true-wireless ear buds that are cheaper than the AirPods without being of significantly inferior quality. I'll wait.

Also, don't you talk shit on the Apple Pencil. I use one daily, and it is legit as fuck. 3D Touch, I could take or leave, but the Pencil is fantastic.

>I'm an Apple technician

Go home chemo.

It's useful for podcasts and audiobooks, and it's also useful for when you want some background music, but don't want to be an oblivious, disengaged turbonerd and/or be hit by a car/bike/skateboard.

>People who done wireless headphones before Apple and better than Apple
>People have done 3D touch before Apple and better than Apple
>People have done pressure sensitive styli before Apple and better than Apple.
Apple's business model is to steal technology and oversell it to retards who don't know any better.

>Audio books and podcasts
Those don't reasonably use multichannel audio
>Background music
Get speakers you lazy Jew

If you were actually stupid enough to lack basic foresight and not buy this crap, you deserve every bit of misfortune that will inevitably come from this product.

>oversell it to retards who don't know any better.

Still waiting to see your example of true-wireless buds that are cheaper than the AirPods.

You have somewhat more of a point with the Pencil, in light of the Surface, but that only half-counts because Windows is a worse environment for non-traditional input than iOS is. Either way, it's not really relevant, because I never said anything about who did what first -- you're the one who keeps trying to shove those words into my mouth -- and such petty pissing matches are irrelevant anyway.

>>watching a show on laptop with Airpods in
oh shit, gotta charge my airpods
>pause video for 3 hours while my airpods recharge in the case, and while the case charges from my laptop, while my laptop charges from my apple approved outlet
>pop airpods back in
>>have to get up and get a drink
>>don't pause, just walk into other room and continue listening
>audio cuts out intermittenly due to my thick walls, deal with it anyways
>>double tap airpod and ask Siri how many calories are in a glass of orange juice
taptap"how many-" taptap "how many-" taptap"howmanycaloriesinaglassoforangejuice"
Sorry, I didnt understand what you said
taptap "HOW MANY CALORIES IN A GLASS OF ORANGE JUICE"
>>she answers then continues playback
>>finish watching show and switch to connect to iphone in a matter of seconds and one button press
>no wait, two button presses, no, 3 button presses, no, 4 button presses.... whatever, I got them to work in the end.
>>start listening to music
taptap "TURN ON MY MUSIC PLAYLIST"
Sorry, I cannot find my music playlist in your library.
>>take a phone call on airpods while phone is in the next room
Ring Ring. Ring Ring. "HELLO?" "hey, i can barely hear you, can you speak up, or get off speakerphone?"
>>call ends and playback continues
>After asking siri 5 times
>double tap airpod and tell siri to skip track and send a message to my gf
taptap "message pajeet"
Did you mean message pacheat?
"No, message pajeet"
Did you mean message pajing?
"NO, MESSAGE PA...JING"
Okay, what do you want to send to pajeet?
"Hey honey, im coming home soon, love you"
Okay, so you want to send to pajeet
"Hey honey, im shitting in the street soon, fuck you"
Ready to send?
>>all while phone is in the other room
>and running back every 5 minutes to keep my phone and laptop from falling asleep and requiring the password again.

Man, if this aint the future, i dont know what is!

but seriously, fuck siri.

Ugh.

Look, Siri is easily the worst of the big-four virtual assistants (Siri, Google Now, Alexa, and Cortana), but let's not hyperbolize. It's not *that* bad.

I use it, and while I dont have those fucking airpods, trust me, siri is that bad.

I use windows and drawing on a surface. There is no problem with u dig it for touch. You can also use Bluetooth styli with Android. There are wireless earbuds like Bragi and the on by Samsung, either way air pods are just a meme. If you're that serious about wireless audio, just get headphones.

cont:The only thing siri is good for is setting alarms/timers/very basic tasks that are built in ect., and memes.

>get speakers

>speakers
>in public

Jesus Christ, you Asperger King, no.

If you think Bluetooth styli are anywhere near on par with something like the Apple Pencil, you are delusional. And, if you bothered to look up the Samsung Gear IconX and the Bragi Dash, you'd see that they're both priced considerably higher than the AirPods, and the IconX in particular gets considerably worse battery life.

I'd also like to mention that many other true-wireless sets utilize a master/slave system where one bud connects to the phone and then relays the audio to the other bud. This can cause sync/delay issues in real-time applications. The AirPods, on the other hand, both connect directly to the phone and receive their data simultaneously. They're technically superior in that way.

Serious question:

Are Apple earbuds/airpods/whatever literally the biggest tech meme of all time?

>Listening to music around people who are presumably there because you want to be around them and interact
>I'm autistic

Airpods are $159 according to Apple.com
IconX are average $140
Bragi are $149 according to bragi.com

Get meme'd nigger

Continuing my thought, the master/slave method means that you can't use just one bud without also playing audio through -- and consequentially depleting the battery of -- the other bud. Alternatively, if you can do so, the bud which is the master is generally impossible to change, so you don't get to choose which ear you wear. This dampens the convenience strengths of true-wireless sets significantly. AirPods, on the other hand, are, as I've indicated previously, completely interchangeable.

zdnet.com/product/samsung-gear-iconx/

>Battery life is the biggest differentiator between the two options, with an estimated 1.5 hours of battery life when streaming. However, that battery life estimate goes up to 3.5 hours when playing music stored on the earbuds.

A whole 1.5 hours of playback. Wow, AirPods BTFO.

>High quality

>citing me on a product I don't use
My headphones get around 4 days
m.ebay.com/itm/232257564658

You're just reaching at this point. While I agree that the price point is retarded, you have to admit that that feature is pretty nice. Even if it doesn't match your specific use cases, I'm sure you're able to see how it could be useful to others. You're just arguing for the sake of arguing now.

where'd you get that pic user?

Not true-wireless. And I don't own the IconX either, I just had the integrity to look up its basic specifications before shooting my mouth off about how much better it was than the AirPods.

Now, let's talk about Bragi. The Dash is $300, so you're no doubt referring to the Headphone. Here's the deal with the Headphone:

theverge.com/2016/11/22/13714268/bragi-headphone-wireless-earbuds-review-bluetooth-dash

>You’re supposed to turn these earbuds off every time you put them back in the case

You have to turn them off manually...

>when you slide the case closed the microphones will feed back and create a piercing squeal.

...they shriek loudly if you forget to do so...

>But unlike the Dash carrying case, the one that comes with the Headphone doesn’t have a battery inside. That means that, should you burn through that six-hour battery life, you won’t have any extra juice to bring the earbuds back to life — you’ll have to put them in the case and then plug the case in to charge them back up.

...and here's the real kicker: they get a total of six hours before you're looking for an outlet again. The AirPods get 24+ hours with the charging case. You also never have to worry about turning them off when you're done with them.

So that's the Bragi Headphone, your great white hope. A raft of compromises, for a whole $10 less than the AirPods. Man, I sure got told.

>You still think wireless ear buds aren't a meme
>Still citing me on products I don't use

And how are mine not true wireless?

Wow, how do you presume to enter an argument like this without even understanding the definition of true-wireless? True-wireless sets exhibit no physical connection of any kind between each ear. AirPods, Bragi Dash/Headphone, and Gear IconX are examples of true-wireless. A pair of traditionally-styled wireless headphones is not.

And not owning the product in question isn't a valid out for you. If you're going to cite them in your argument, understand what they are and what they do first, or you're going to get rekt by somebody like me who actually understands the topic.

My argument is an was air pods are trash, get wireless over ear headphones like that example. You asked for alternatives to air pods and I listed some. "True wireless" is the most bullshit hype term I've heard.

You don't really mind looking like a retard wearing the Airpods?

idgi why is this fake, not even OP

find truly wireless earbuds that take up the same amount of volume and have better battery life. You wont find any.

>Apple ear rapers
>high quality

>If this isn't the future I don't know what is
when a competitor comes and offers a similar product for a reasonable price

>wireless over-ear headphones

AirPods are so much easier to carry/pocket. They fit in that otherwise useless tiny sub-pocket that jeans have. Can you even pocket over-ears?

Also, you really shouldn't be calling anything else 'trash' while linking fucking Skullcandy. At least show me QC35s or something.

My headphones don't have a time limit on them.

They're also easier to loose. You can put over-ears around your neck like most people o in a sweatshirt pocket.

Neither do AirPods, in practice. If you take them out of your ears long enough for a commercial break or a short conversation at any point during their five-hour lifespan, you get another 1-2 hours worth of runtime from the charging case during that interval. I'm not just blowing smoke, either, I've been in that exact situation and did that exact thing.

No, they're not particularly easy to 'loose'. They stay in your ears a lot better than you'd expect, and you can go into the settings and make them play a loud tone to aid you in finding a lost AirPod.

I've had mine for weeks, and I haven't 'loosed' one yet.

this is a dumb argument

finally someone not a complete fucking retard. Every time i visit this site it's a bunch of dumbasses that don't understand how to spell lose.

that just begs the question, why even bother with wireless earbuds? the quality is usually lower, they're easier to lose, and much steeper in price most of the time.

>I squeezed it myself the previous day you freaking mong.
Then how the fuck would she know how much sugar you added to it?

You're just lucky with your ear shape.

They don't fit mine, at all.