Gnu/trash

>open pdf with evince, it defaults to second monitor, google issue, find bug report from 2012, still not fixed. no tabbed view as well.
sumatraPDF > any open sores pdf viewer

and this is true for nearly any applications you can think of, face it gnu/trash is only good for poorfag neets who can't afford a decent pc.

then why don't you pay someone to fix the bug??

FOSS will always be a joke on the desktop. It's damned near impossible for a large corporation to market FOSS to normies while still being able to profit off of it.

>it defaults to second monitor
window manager controls that, moron

>pay to fix the bug
yeah right, I just booted back into windows10 and got some actual work done.

Okay you're paying for windows to fix bugs.
You could just pay someone to fix the bugs and contribute a lot more to the free/open software movement for everyone, and it'd make a programmer money working on computers.
Instead you say it's for poor fags when you're not paying shit for it to begin with.

I'm not paying anyone, the only copy of windows I bought is windows 95 and I even got a legit free windows10 key for free. SumatraPDF is free and 10 times better than all the trash available on linux. Should I also pay the kernel upstream maintainer to accept AMD's HAL patch? or gnome devs to fix the file picker and stop removing features and every new release?

It's for poorfags because it's good to watch anime and browse the net on a shitbox.

Then why are you complaining about poor fags.
You could pick whatever distro you like, if you see a problem you could go to your local library and have a notary sign a contract that you'll pay someone to fix whatever bug you don't like with documentation, then hoard the code or release it out into the wild.

Roasted

Good to know that Free software is merely extortion.

It's not extortion. If you're complaining about it being for poor people put your money where your mouth is.. If your shoes broke would you pay a cobbler to fix them or just go buy another pair?

Nothing is forcing you to use a GPLd codebase within your software, only your own incompetence.

Sadly it's a throwaway society. When my wife came to Europe and I told her to go to a cobbler she looked at me like I was from the 19th century.

That's funny when a part breaks on my car, I don't throw the whole thing away. I fix it myself, or pay someone else to do it.

I don't see why I would throw money away at open sores, there are always 10 projects to do the same thing instead of doing it once properly. there are so many people involved in open sores that don't contribute shit, look at all the retards spending countless hours working on their special snowflake distro while bringing nothing to the table and the thousands of unmaintained projects open sores is a joke.

Often people only fix thing they think are worth fixing. (Car, house, suit,...) But not 'cheaper' stuff like shoes, shirts, phones,... Recently there has been a shift back to making things repairable despite manufacturer efforts.
Last time I fixed my car was 6 years ago. New models are simply stupid hard to repair and often have to be done by a licensed technician.
What happened to being able to repair your own stuff...

>open source is a meme
Gnu/Linux is the been biggest collaboration in human history. You are literally retarded.
>the community isn't perfect
Then why don't you help out instead of being a useless frogposter

Yeah imagine if people picked a distro they like and backed it.
Oh guess what, it's copy left even if the deal goes sour you can SAVE all the work and back it up yourself and fork it later on if you don't like what the product turns into, or if other products just get more popular for a time and go a direction you don't like you can try to reintroduce it.

People bitch about free software killing jobs potentially when it could be a way for people to moonlight as actual programmers instead of lining the pockets of tech giants that are going to line their pockets anyway.

Okay I'm a mechanic, the only part you need to be licensed to repair is very specific unit on it, and it's legal for people to do stuff, do maintenance on it themselves. If not replace the entire unit on their own. A lot of the time places use specific tooling to raise the repair cost so you don't take it to a competing dealership. People don't repair their own stuff because it can be complicated, you need to invest in specialized tools you might only end up using once, then you have to store it all, you need a work space. You're pretty lucky to own one let alone being able to work on it yourself as far as cost goes.

1998 saab 93 convertible. Stupidly easy to repair anything, although my American wife is really destroying my clutch.
My company car is easy, I go to any dealership and the bill is for them.
It can be complicated indeed, but some manufacturers fight the right to repair with tooth and nail. Tech companies in particular. Technically by selling a refurbished apple product you are breaking the license agreement and can (and this has happened) be sued for it.
This is why I say people repair stuff despite the manufacturer's best efforts. Apple is not the only company doing this or making it expressly harder to work on.
Specialized tools are OK if they serve a purpose that is specific, but often it's not.

That's what's good about open/free software, people like gnu or bsd make it so you're not going to get sued working on it. It's really not their fault people don't want to throw money at it. I'm sure specific distro's probably get run well enough that they do find funders. Regular people could potentially help things a long in smaller ways then they realize if they wanted too.

Right to repair seems like a pretty good thing. I think a lot of companies over estimate just how many people would want to actually have their products fixed. Even simple fixes can cost more in labor than the parts. A lot of them seem very short sighted in keeping their older technology in circulation and people having brand loyalty. Right to repair would let go of their burden of maintaining older stuff they don't want to but people still using it instead of looking for a different manufacturer.

Fedora is amazingly well maintained.
As for right to repair, it would require more legacy support, not less. Since there will be more older hardware.

Sumatra is Open Source, you gigantic retard.

SumatraPDF is GPLv3, free and open source software, retarded mouthbreathing wintoddler. Fuck off back to