Literally just one update in 3 months

>literally just one update in 3 months
>coming month ends support

Dammit, microsoft. What are you doing with the second of the only two usable operating systems?

This thing is even better than Windows 7 in some points. it is beautiful without aero and you can leave automatic updates without the fear of waking up with Windows 10.

Other urls found in this thread:

brighthub.com/computing/windows-platform/articles/37731.aspx
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Vista is probably the best looking version of Windows, I hate to see it die.

Run it virtually in something else. Maybe in windows 10 or linux if it doesn't piss you off too much.

What the fuck is wrong with you faggots? Why do you demand MS spoonfeed you updates? I've been running Windows 7 SP1 for like 4 years with no updates whatsoever. I use that for video games and I dual boot Debian for work related stuff. It's the most painless thing if you use SSDs.

Shaddup nigga

This. Haven't updated Firefox in years, either.
Come at me bro

If you knew the truth it might upset you more. I run win2k virtually in linux on a 64bit machine for a few applications. No updates whatsoever and the software just works but at about 8x the speed it used to and jobs can be batched with networked vm's.

>If you knew the truth it might upset you more
What is it then? Are you talking about how Windows 7 still collects data? Is it about the Intel Management Engine? There's nothing I don't know about my computers.

Kinda shit, honestly. My grandfather has been using vista on his machine, I really didn't want to move him to something new. Luckily he seems to be taking to linux mint pretty well. It's weird, vista is old enough to not have support anymore. XP I I wasn't so surprised as It had been around since I was a kid. But vista came out when I was in my late teens. It's weird to see it be phased out.

Time flies man.

perfomance and security
in 5 hours this vista will be fast as fuck

>performance
Updates don't do much for this. Windows 10 eats like 3x the system resources that Windows 7 does.
>security
You wouldn't run Windows at all if you really cared about security. Windows is a toy.

>4 years with no updates
Do you know how easy it is to get into your computer?

Vista is hands down the single worst piece of software to ever come from Microsoft. Worse than 2000. Worse than 95.

>3x the system resources
Did 7 use only 200MiB of ram?

150 if necessary

Prove it, I honestly don't believe it. I doubt it's usable below the minimum spec, 1GiB.

brighthub.com/computing/windows-platform/articles/37731.aspx

This is the most mildly acceptable "personal report" I've just read on it but literally just google it

I ran Windows 7 RC on a 512mb desktop for over a year. 800x600, played Red Alert 2 Yuri's Revenge, used firefox. It wasn't fast but it was almost always just as good as XP

>but running Microsoft Word 2007 caused a system crash

Also that was in 2009, I wonder if the past EIGHT years of updates have increased it's memory usage (I'm betting yes). 7 SP1's Windows Update alone can use multiple gigabytes when trying to decide which updates to install.

nobody said anything about SP1

why do people even update windows outside of the service packs?

>Do you know how easy it is to get into your computer?

Yes; impossible.

install Server 2008
Same thing as vista but will get updates until 2019
The 32bit version also supports more than 4GB RAM

Why do people expect Microsoft to update a 10 year old operating system with an old kernel anymore?

Install Windows Server 2008 SP2, they end support in 2020 due to a support extension, likely due to it being the last version to support 32 bit.

F