Integrated Graphics vs APU's

All right Sup Forums, I know I know, we're all excited with Ryzen benchmarks coming out, but let's talk about APU's and Laptops now.

We all know Intel is, and has been for a long time, the king of laptop processors, AMD simply has nothing to compete, the A10 was a huge failure on that matter. Pic related is a 47W i7 4770HQ, 4 cores, 8 threads, base 2.2GHz, turbo up to 3.4GHz, 128MB L4 cache for graphics (Iris Pro 5200).

How do you think Raven Ridge will perform compared to this Sup Forums? I see they managed to make some amazing chips at 65W, I wonder how it will do at 47W. Do you think Iris Pro graphics will get Rekt?

Other urls found in this thread:

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834332445&nm_mc=KNC-MSNSearch-PC&cm_mmc=KNC-MSNSearch-PC-_-pla-_-Notebooks-_-Lenovo-_-34332445&gclid=CKm5nou3t9ICFYPkDQodgjcPgg&gclsrc=ds
ashesofthesingularity.com/metaverse#/personas/34383913-d0a5-4505-97a0-38d401e02391/match-details/15557bf5-c6b0-4f44-a388-9da4c9e508bd
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Gonna buy a laptop with 2 months, need one for work.

Should I get high end now, or wait for Intel/AMD's new offerings? I mean, is it bad time to buy high end now, since lots of new desktop tech is coming out, is it the same with laptops?

>it the same with laptops?
nope, (if you can't wait until Q2)

Iris Pro literally only works well because of the L4, but it's obscenely expensive to fabricate and place on the mcm.

Raven Ridge is going to eat Intel's lunch in the mobile market like Naples is poised to eat up server market share.

Maybe I buy a shit one for now, for cheap, and get high end after Q2. Thank you.

The A10 is made on 28nm, and rapes any Intel in anything GPU related, and is not that behind CPU wise
Made on fucking 28nm vs 14nm
It's not that much of a bad time, but by Q3 we will see quite the shakeup with the introduction of Ryze+Vega APU's
But you should just get a chinkpad and be done with it

>it's obscenely expensive to fabricate and place on the mcm
[citation required]

Chinkpad's are too low perf. for what I need.

>rapes any Intel in anything GPU related
Show me it beating any Iris Pro in any benchmark available
> and is not that behind CPU wise
lmao

But does it have low TDP. That's why Intel is good on laptops.

>Show me it beating any Iris Pro in any benchmark available

AMD will be very successful with their APUs in laptops, however intel will most likely still outsell them due to customer loyalty, or just customers being familiar with them. But anythings better than what AMD offers now, and I'd probably upgrade to an APU myself.

Uh... APUs in laptops were the one thing AMD was competitive with until Intel dropped down to 14nm.

Then they started pairing Intel with discrete GPUs which can turn off fully when not needed because Intel integrated sucks ass for anything but an HTPC.

The AMD APUs are still more than twice as good for ultra-budget gaming than the compareable Intel with iGPU.

Raven Ridge is going to completely dominate the mobile market. The 8core Ryzen 7 uses less power than the 7700k.
With just 4 cores, plus a Vega GPU with 50% more CUs and almost double the performance per CU over the last gen, AMD is going to be selling APUs that are equivalent to an i5-7400 with an RX470 for probably around $200 on a single chip and only 35W TDP.
And HBM APUs are coming, too, but not this year.
For 2022 AMD has plans for an enterprise HBM APU that has 8x the full precision TFLOP performance over the 1080 and where you can put multiple of them on a single motherboard.

All right AMD shills. show me a decent A10 laptop.

Don't forget the A12-9800.
It gets about 25% higher framerates. Though they're hard to get.

This is just an A10 too. Their last A12 9800 was actually pretty good.

> A10 is 125W
> i7 5775C is 77W

You're doing it wrong user, I'm talking about sub 50W CPU's, I wanna see the A10's laptop performance.

That's okay, because the 65W A8 also blows it the fuck out in all but one test!

>AMD is going to be selling APUs that are equivalent to an i5-7400 with an RX470 for probably around $200 on a single chip and only 35W TDP
Holy kek, that was the most delusional post ever

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834332445&nm_mc=KNC-MSNSearch-PC&cm_mmc=KNC-MSNSearch-PC-_-pla-_-Notebooks-_-Lenovo-_-34332445&gclid=CKm5nou3t9ICFYPkDQodgjcPgg&gclsrc=ds
Can somewhat game.

There is the FX 9830P which apparently gets the same performance is AMD of the Singularity as a GTX 980M.
ashesofthesingularity.com/metaverse#/personas/34383913-d0a5-4505-97a0-38d401e02391/match-details/15557bf5-c6b0-4f44-a388-9da4c9e508bd

The problem is that AMD has put so much focus on Zen and Vega that their 7th gen APU launch was horrible, even though it looked like the FX830P was going to have 30% more CPU performance over the i7-6700U and 10 times the graphical performance.

Might seem that way if you're ignorant.

>Might seem that way if you're ignorant.
top kek

My laptop is 15 watts guys