Svchost.exe

Jesus Fucking Christ!!

This is what happens when your init system sucks. wincucks btfo

>wangblows

restart your pc, scan your shit

your pc must have ebola

Working as intended.
Macroshit decided to split svchost services into their own process rather than having multiple services hosted by 1 process.

I installed it yesterday and it's got nothing installed on it besides 7-zip, FireFox and VLC. It's Enterprise CBB with all modern applications removed through PowerShell.

This Windows 10? I had the same freaking issues so I downgraded back to W7 till I just got tired of Windows and went fulltime Linux. My best advice for you is to upgrade memory to ludicrous levels so this doesn't matter or go back to 8.1/7

I don't use Windows 10 on my own PC, I use 7 and Debian.

Ah, so this is at work? I dunno what to tell you then. I wouldn't hold my breath and wait for Microsoft to patch up things like this. Just upgrade your memory to like 16-32GB cause it's just going to get worse as the years roll by.

nuke services you don't need

This. They're split into multiple processes for security reasons so the service doesn't get more privileges than necessary.

Most virus rename as svchost

You're a retard

Done. Stripped everything reasonable and removed all unnecessary features.

Bull fucking shit.

What?

try killing yourself

Only time I've seen this happen is the time I tried to run 64 bit win 7 ultimate on hardware that was meant for 32

>64 bit win 7 ultimate on hardware that was meant for 32
I doubt you could do that, if your CPU does not support x64 instructions then Windows setup will fail in the first place.

>windoze

The Apple MacBook Pro with Retina Display doesn't have this problem.

What I meant was that there wasn't enough CPU to run the background processes for the OS. It's not that I couldn't run 64 bit but the computer cake with 32 bit and it lagged out.

My own fault for forgetting the native os

You are doing something horribly wrong. Consider killing yourself before your stupidity causes damage to the hardware you own.

lol keep sucking microcock

>said the systemd cuck

No problem here

> He thinks we cannot change the init system

>PajeetOS

Uh, huh..

Ikr

>implying i don't use patrician plan 9 with modular init

>Just Windows 10 things

the fuck is svchost?

it's like systemD but worse.

Exhaustive answer. Thx.

Process isolation of windows services is a good thing and being triggered by seeing a lot of processes is not rational

you can speed windows up by disabling some of the shit though, head to blackviper and learn thing

Stop using a faggot OS, winfaggot

A fresh windows 10 system with the bloat removed should have no more than 13 svchost instances, and if you're willing to sacrifice some non-essential functionality you can get it down to 9 or so. So basically you're a lying ass.

Actually it's better because it's not all shoved into PID 1 with the highest level of permissions.

Right click-end task and see what happens.

Ikr

Host process

Go suck microshaft's dick somewhere else

Shut down or BSoD, most likely
Uh? On 7 there's few of them, but definitely not 60. There's like 7 or 8 of them.

Something is wrong with your shit.

kys you'reself

You're running an older version I assume

I'll go ahead and ask, since the topic is very related.

Anyone has had some weird problems when using Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB?

I have problems with like, wrong fonts in chrome, some driver issues, and shit like that.

Keep disabling services until yo shit don't work no moe!

Never had font issues on LTSB. That being said, try LTSB2015, it's less buggy than 2016. On LTSB 2016 I have some audio issues, if I pause playback of a program that's using 32-bit float audio processing while using sound normalization or equalizer, on resume it starts to clip audio. To fix this I have o completely stop playback.

What would be the least bloated version of W10 apart from this one without bugs but still constant support from Microsoft?

You know, I just don't want to get the commercial shit updates.

LTSB2015.

OP, this has happened to me two times. I have a Toshiba laptop with a 2nd gen core i3. Whenever I download, install and use the hd graphics drive from intel's website this happens. But if I use the one from Toshiba's then its perfect.

Well, that laptop does not have Intel GMA.

Yes svchost is the process that houses many services.

Here is mine, I have had this OS installed for ~2 years.

For you to have that many svchost's, your PC must be littered with random garbage programs. I honestly suspect some of them are probably dodgy services as well, if you install that many programs.

>tfw iMac

>FireFox

Reinstall it, it's rotten.

Delete system32.
Install gentoo.
>he thinks I'm memeing

more evidence that bitches are fucking retarded

So this is the power of Windows...

>iMac
trash

xDDDddd

Seems so..

A good reason to leave Windows

Windows 10 developers in a nutshell.

Hey guys, let's take our shitty high-overhead-process OS and unroll all these services if there is enough RAM.
YEAAAAH PROGRESS!

Holy fuck Windows10 is so shitty.
Worse yet, it really is based on some fucking retarded metric for "good enough specs to unroll". My mother got this shit laptop when she spilled tea on her old (not half bad) laptop.
Came with Windows 10. Holy FUCK was it so bad.
I had to fix it for her one time when that one update came out that bricked and shit on loads of peoples trackpads and network adapters and almost threw the piece of shit in the bin.
It's Windows Vista capable, but on a whole worse level than ever before.

>using task manager

Hey OP did you know you can also do that on Windows 7/8.1? You can force a svchost.exe for every program.

>7zip
>Firefox
>VLC

0/3 good job retard

hurr-durr