How does that make any sense?

>using a VPN because reasons
>try to post some bs
>captcha solved
>ip ban because fuck you

I mean what's the point of blocking IP ranges when there's a captcha to make sure I'm a legit poster ?

>inb4 ban escaping etc

Still using IP ban in 45^2-8?

ITT: we try to figure out a better solution to this.

>"sir someone posted cp"
>"it's okay he's a legit poster"

:-DD

That's illegal though and you'll get tracked down and suicided.

tu es laid.
tu es un robot

Someone used your VPN and shitposted, so some IPs on it are banned.

I never thought I'd have to answer a question this dumb

>someone posted cp

You don't ban a whole IP range for that.

see

>Someone posted CP on VPN
>Single IP address banned
>Guy switches to new IP on VPN and keeps posting CP
>Hiro gives up and bans the whole range of IP's that the VPN uses

Damn that was hard.

I wonder how this is going to be handled when more and more people and websites use IPv6

You ban /64 or even /48 prefixes.

Oy vey goyim, why pay for a VPN when you can buy a Sup Forums pass

>/64
Reset router or simply reconnect, done.
>/48
Banning a whole ISP is probably a good idea.

Just buy a pass, friend!

>Banning a whole ISP is probably a good idea.
It is
>There can't be any cp with no posters

None of hiroshima's fucking business.
If someone wants to post CP they should be able to do so without being banned.
This is an anonymous forum that upholds free speech.

no and fuck you pedo.

sage
a
g
e

Ban IPv6

I personally wouldn't post it and would not enjoy it if you did, but it's still up to you whether or not you want to.

Upholds free speech by US standards.
Nowhere in the US is the word "free speech" indicative of full freedom in speech.

Regardless of my freedom of speech, there are plenty of things I can say to get arrested, and on Sup Forums, there are plenty of things I can post to get banned / arrested.

Also, Sup Forums doesn't explicitly state they uphold free speech.

who cares? we know you'll give up before solved it

Sure, I agree that out in meatspace there are things you can say that will get you arrested (unfortunately), but Sup Forums's entire premise is that people are anonymous. If I were to post CP here, the government could not go after Sup Forums because "app content is the property of the poster and no of Sup Forums itself", and they shouldn't be able to go after me because I'm just a drop of water in the large anonymous ocean of the internet.

Sup Forums has no reason to enforce absurd censorship laws.

If Sup Forums didn't ban CP, the government would fuck them. If Sup Forums permitted CP posting, they'd be responsible for the CP posted as they allow it, and since this site is US hosted, the government would intervene very quickly.

It's like if my friend let me use his house to rape kids that I kidnapped. If he knows what I'm using his house for and still permits it, he shares part of the responsibility and is in part at fault for the crime committed. That's known as an accomplice.

The government is easily able to go after "a drop of water in the large anonymous ocean of the internet" because it isn't truly anonymous. The reason quite a few CP posted aren't arrested is simply because it isn't worth the government's time or money for a single incident. But if you host a site with CP, they're sure as hell coming for you.

I'm posting just fine with a VPN

Have you considered a pass user?

Well t he Sup Forums could give your information to the authorities when CP is posted but not ban you.
I still don't see the purpose of a ban.

I understand what you're saying with your kidnap/rape illustration, but how can you be personally responsible for the actions of a rapist? What if you didn't give him permission to come in specifically. You just opened your house to the public. You might not even know who he is or what he's doing. Are you still guilty?

If Sup Forums starts giving info to third parties, Anonymous will cease to exist.

Much better to ban pedos instead.

Not banning you implies they consent to CP being posted. As an organization, you're much safer legally to fully show you do not support it.

In my analogy, the guy letting a rapist use his house isn't FULLY responsible, he's partly. It's called an accomplice, and he will still be prosecuted, but his sentence will probably be shorter. Think along the lines of an escape driver in a bank heist.

Now, in my situation, I said assuming he knows what the rapist is doing. If you can prove you had no idea he was using it for rape, then you're fine. If you didn't give him permission, you'd also be fine, as he'd be breaking and entering to use it for rape.

But if you opened it to the public, allowing him to come in legally, you are partly responsible for what happens in the house. Why do you think places have legal waivers? Because they don't want that responsibility that comes with opening to the public.

Sup Forums is also open to the public, the rules function as a waiver, voiding them of responsibilities for certain things as to not get them in legal trouble.

If you won't sign a waiver for a gun range, you aren't gonna be shooting there.

If you won't follow the rules for Sup Forums, you aren't gonna be posting there.

>the guy letting a rapist use his house isn't FULLY responsible, he's partly
This would be applicable only if IP addresses were tied to a single person. And it's not.

But OP's point is about IP range bans, and how they're aimed at preventing ban escape using VPNs.

>There can't be any cp with no posters

>Free speech

Fuck off pedo

Child abuse isn't your free speech

>>inb4 ban escaping etc
because that

captcha helps prevent non-human posts, but it doesn't prevent ban evasion, IP banning does

This. Now the next step is to ban all the semiloli-moe posters.

>using shit VPN
top kek

The lift the range ban if you're a Sup Forums Gold™ subscriber. This is literally the only reason it's banned.

>Still using IP ban in 45^2-8?
You are worse than the faggots who say 2k17. Your version is even longer than actually typing it out. Fucking faggot.

>current year 666+666+666+6+6+6+1
>not writing plain numbers in somewhat complex mathematical functions

>complex mathematical functions

>not realizing that the somewhat was part of the sentence you tried to quote

ok trips, you have a good point
>somewhat complex mathematical functions

fuck off frenchie

>Still using IP ban in 45^2-8?
>ITT: we try to figure out a better solution to this.

Welcome to the Internet and to the wonderful land of memes my friend.

Does Sup Forums pass allow posting through tor? I ended up once with it being my only way to access the site for a few months because ungood crimethink etc. and it can happen again any moment.

Using a VPN is against the rules, shit for brains.

Why do people pay for VPNs to shit post?

isn't there a truly free country were you can have the freedom to post cp or whatever the fuck you want? I was going to suggest to move the servers to pakistan but then I remembered that Sup Forums has trap threads and hiroshima might get beheaded for that

Mods are extremely draconian in their enforcement of this. Even things that aren't CP at all, like simple nudity is classified as CP.

Like if there's a little girl nipple peeking out or something, BAM, b& hammer. It's retarded.

Op, I have a question:

why you need a vpn on Sup Forums and irl?
>why you need a vpn on Sup Forums and irl?

>Torrenting movies, shows, music, etc
>searching questionable things that would certainly give you a knock on the door, despite being legal

Plenty of other reasons. Stop being a faggot.

>he fell for the CP is child abuse meme
kek educate yourself

Watching CP supports child abuse. Every page view and every download count inspires the content creators to do more.

just buy a fucking Sup Forums pass already you poor ass fool

if you can't afford to throw away $20 in 1 year, you got bigger problems to worry about than posting on here.

The kind of CP that actually causes children to be abused is not the kind that people on Sup Forums get banned for.

Most "CP" on Sup Forums is 16-17 year olds in jailbait threads and pictures of topless little girls that are neither erotic nor abusive.

Regardless, it's none of anybody's business.

>paying a nip jew
"no"
Hiroshima does nothing for this website. We create the content that generates interest which generates page views which generates ad revenue. He sits around eating sushi. If he doesn't like it he can fuck off and someone else will gladly take Sup Forums off his hands and run it the way moot did.He doesn't deserve a penny.

>but Sup Forums's entire premise is that people are anonymous.
Not the entire premise though. Take a look at the global rules m80

This. He acquired it, but now he does fuckall with it. He doesn't deserve shit from us.

>Reset router or simply reconnect, done.

going to be hard if you're using SLAAC and not some IPv6 DHCP.

you're going to have to at least MAC spoof.

VPNs are banned no matter what, posting on Sup Forums is not a right but a concession as long as it's a privately owned Vietnamese bulletin board.

>Sup Forums's entire premise is that people are anonymous
No. Sup Forums's entire premise is that you're not required to sign up or register in order to make posts. What you are citing is one of the wrong assumptions noobs keep making year after year.

just require people to sign up with something like a phone number.

there, that way if people want to ban evade they'll have to at least pay money.

also, make sure to block all VoIP numbers.

>Sup Forums's entire premise is that you're not required to sign up or register
>just require people to sign up with something like a phone number.

I blame reddit.

wrong
posting on Sup Forums is a right. fuck whoever says otherwise. if you ban a vpn we'll just get another one. you can never ban all the vpns. as they get more popular all you're doing is removing huge user base potential.

also
who are you to define the premise of the website? Sup Forums is about anonymity. prove me wrong.

and I blame lack of sign-on for massive levels of phoneposting shitposts.

o i was banned for being a faggot? airplane mode -> on -> off -> new IP lease from telecom

requiring accounts is way more reasonable than fucking range bans.

In what instance would posting children on Sup Forums be acceptable?

>posting on Sup Forums is a right.
No, it's not.
> if you ban a vpn we'll just get another one.
and you'll get banned again.
>you can never ban all the vpns.
You can't catch everyone who's infringing the law, this doesn't mean that the law is enforced. Your point is moot and you're probably underage.
>Sup Forums is about anonimity
No, it's not and it has never been.

Appeal your range ban or sign up for a pass.

in what way do you decide what is acceptable?

abusing the system is literally a good thing. fuck bans. this is not a reddit hugbox, this is why.

>>posting on Sup Forums is a right.
>No, it's not.
>> if you ban a vpn we'll just get another one.
>and you'll get banned again.
>>you can never ban all the vpns.
>>You can't catch everyone who's infringing the law, this doesn't mean that the law is enforced.
>Your point is moot and you're probably underage.
chan is about anonimity
>No, it's not and it has never been.
You're wrong and you can't prove a thing.

Art threads.

Mate, the burden of proof is on you, you're saying posting on Sup Forums is a right and you're also saying this place is all about anonymity.
The other guys post is self explanatory since he's not wrong in saying that one of the points of Sup Forums is not needing to sign up to post, though he was assumptive when he said that's the point of the site, when the point of the site should ultimately be up to the owner.

So post proof that posting on this site is a right and this site is all about anonymity.

The burden of proof is on you. You're the one claiming a right from a privately owned website. You're also grossly mistaking privacy with anonymity. There's not a single FAQ page about your right to be anonymous. It has never been. You can post "as anonymous" without registering. That's the true origin of this kind of sites.

>This is an anonymous forum that upholds free speech.
No it doesn't.

I did not have to do anything special to be granted access to post here because it's my right. Free speech is a right, and Sup Forums allows me to exercise it.

also, here is a picture for you.

>Free speech is a right
it's a constitutional right. You don't have the right to exercise this right on whichever site you wish. You can only pretend that the government won't hamper your free speech and that no one is preventing you from exercising your constitutional rights. You're free to create your own website where you rant about whichever you please. You can't pretend to post your shit on Sup Forums or on any privately owned site. Posting something on someone else' site is always a privilege, not a right.

This discussion is not tech related anyway.

it is my right because this site only makes money by having me visit. without us the site would go bankrupt. We make the money, we make the rules.

"the customer is always right"

>he uses known datacenter ipv4's

The customer is always right within the processes of the company and within the rule of law, just a get better VPN

But you gotta put some effort and have the counterparty also be committed to your success, don't expect everything to work out for you because your conception of correctness is relative to a broader standard on how many other users have the same issue and how valuable you are to an organization

you didn't sign up a contract giving you any right. On the contrary, you're supposed to have read and accepted the disclaimer on the front page. How and how much someone is making money is not your business.

Blocking use of VPNs is against US law

Maybe I'm having some kind of brain blockage right now, but how would SLAAC make it difficult considering privacy extensions? I get a new /56 twice or thrice a day, only my router keeps the same /64. Any device behind it has a pool of millions of addresses.
If there were still a NAT situation as with IPv4 the only way to effectively restrict access would be by banning my router, but there's not and with v6 how would anyone even know the router's prefix anyway?

Checked

les robots sont le futur
les robots sont des ma\^itres course

No it isn't, shit for brains.

Fuck off, pedocunt.
This site started off with names and tripcodes used by well over 90% of the site.
People were also regularly banned for stepping out of line even slightly, or if snacks was bored / drunk.

You too, cunt.
Go read the fucking news archive and lurk the fuck moar.
This site started off as an identity focused attention-whore hellhole.
And it was a fun distraction from the increasingly boring and overly moderated SA and IRC.

Also, before you quote 2ch and 2chan for your "epic anonymous legion" meme, fuck off, even both of those sites have forced IDs globally. (one of them is limited to 2 IP octets, though, forgot which)
Anonymous is, and always will be, a green headed faggot that was mocked for being stupid and incapable of doing things properly.
Or, if you want, you can take your epic EFG face as well, another hapless idiot that fucked up all the time.

Don't tell me you fell for moots lies because the faggot got to talk at TED?
He was the biggest attention-whore on this site. The shitfit he had over snacks not completing work in impossible deadlines was embarrassing. Thank fuck the skinny normiecunt left.
moot is pro-identity pro-censorship. ALWAYS HAS BEEN.
He just lost control of his site because he is a spineless coward that was too afraid to ban people constantly on sight. (like snacks did, usually banning and stickying the entire front pages of boards to deal with shitposters)