>I almost sold my 5930K golden chip for Ryzen

Thank god I didn't, oh my god AMD let people down YET again

Other urls found in this thread:

shutterstock.com/search?models=230908
youtube.com/watch?v=UXJkUTMCvm0
youtube.com/watch?v=hJtMEg93LN8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Honestly don't know how they still have a following at all
I understand the whole "muh jew" moral but come on seriously? AMD literally just jewed the fuck out of you

>he uses i7 retarchip for retards
i7 has the same performance for gaymes as i5 yet costs more because it has hyper-threading and other professional usage features that are useless for gayming.

i7 is also useless for professional users since Xeon is made for them while i7 shits itself in comparison.

You are literally using the jack of all trades, master of none except shitting itself.
KEK

Are you underage?

>FALLING
>AMD
>MEME
>EVER

LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I know right

If you understand less than a perceived underage about CPU's,
you should take a break from the Internet and take up a book sunny jim.

>5930K
Why would you buy this over the 5820k unless you needed the extra PCIe lanes?
And if you were considering Ryzen you obviously WERENT needing the extra PCIe lanes.

Ryzen has 16
5820k has 28
5930k has 40

So sounds like you wasted money on a 5930k instead of getting the better 5820k for far less $.

The 5930k has 6 cores. There is no i5 version of a 6 core.

Intel shills out in force.

He doesn't have the basic understanding of the hardware he uses, but he convinces himself that he does because he is a gaymer, so explaining it to him is useless.

And it still has same performance at equal clock in benchmarks. Tally ho!

A = ANOTHER

M = MAJOR

D = DISAPPOINTMENT

Wut

are you retarded?

Same performance as what?
a 4 core i5?

lol

Obviously, i've seen a half dozen 5930k posters in the past ~2 years who bought it cause it has a higher number and was more expensive.

Despite the fact the 5820k has identical performance for $200 less.

>games don't care about core amount but about clock rate you retard
>core support for over 4 is rare and barely has any relevant impact to justify price

>games
When you said
>still has same performance

I thought you were being an adult and talking about actual performance, rendering, encoding, etc.

If you're cherry picking games that only use 1-4 cores, of course it will perform the same.

That's where you should be going precisely,
since Xeon is for professional use and only retards use i7.
>you are retarded again

Yeah, better to spend 5x the cost for Xeon when i can get a 5820k for $280 with basically identical performance to the Xeon except without ECC support.

Oh and the 5820k has an unlocked multiplier unlike the Xeons so I can bring my single core performance up to 6700k levels.

Moron. Unless your work is paying for your Xeon, you're FAR better off with a HEDT chip such as the 5820k or 6800k.

Or, better spend a wee bit more on a vastly more energy efficient Xeon with extremely fast speed and professional use features out the wazoo,
which pays itself off in the long-term;
rather than be a retard who can't do basic financial calculations and calculate long-term comparisons in CPU usage irrespective of the original price (which includes the time = money ratio).

Stop posting user.
You are a retard if you use i7 for gaming.
You are a retard if you use i7 for pro work.
You are a retard all the same. Your post just proved it.

What are these fancy features the Xeon has my 5820k doesnt? I'll wait for you to list them out.

Also, a wee bit more? $599.99 on newegg right now for a E5-1650 v3 (the equivalent Xeon to a 5820k). The 5820k is $320, and I paid $280 for mine.

How the fuck is literally 2x the cost "a wee bit more"

not to mention, you can't OC it. My 5820k sits comfortably at 4.4GHz, a full 1.1GHz over it's stock clock speed.

RYPOO, GARBAGE CPU FOR GARBAGE AYYMDPOORFAGS

You are still talking?
Retards should stop talking when they are outed as retards, so the surroundings don't get infected by their IQ-reducing posts.
You should go to Google, start searching, and start learning, to cure your retardation.
It's best when people Google before they randomly post jibberish on various sites.

What a fucking mess.
Even in production work, the area Ryzen excels in, you're oftentimes leveraging the GPU, and the processor is relatively unimportant.

AMD tried to hide the sad reality by showing games at 4K so the frames were GPU limited. And they kept looking at the sky in Sniper Elite. That bit in particular was underhanded and scummy, imo.

They might be a good choice for rendering, but for gaming, the entire Ryzen line looks completely screwed.

This was our chance to push Intel to actually shift into high-gear and innovate. Ryzen isn't a complete flop in all respects, but it's definitely underwhelming.
Fuck you AMD. The hype was a lie.

Lol good sources there, I asked for specifics on what an E5 V3 xeon has my 5820k doesn't.

I already mentioned the lack of ECC support which for me is fairly pointless. I'm not running some 24/7 memory intensive operations. I'm encoding a lot however, so more cores is going to help me.

So please enlighten me as to how exactly you think the increased cost of the Xeon would EVER pay off for me? It offers LESS performance, at 2x the cost.

>asked for specifics on what an E5 V3 xeon has my 5820k doesn't.
Basically nothing besides the lack of ECC support. They're identical silicon. They come from the same wafers.

E5-2670 v1
$50-80 for one
$200 for a good 2x CPU motherboard

will there ever be another 2500k?
best CPU purchase ever

So glad the press is exposing AYYMD for what the scummy company they are

more like $300-400 for a decent one. The only $200 ones are dell or HP OEM boards.

I'd MUCH rather go supermicro if i'm doing a dual CPU build

BUT even with that said, your single core performance will tank compared to a 5820k, and I doubt even with 16 cores it would be significantly faster in rendering or similar tasks, though I admit, it would be faster. Just not by a lot.

>Basically nothing besides the lack of ECC support. They're identical silicon. They come from the same wafers.
Stop trying to educate people on Sup Forums

>more like $300-400 for a decent one. The only $200 ones are dell or HP OEM boards.
...wut? You can get a decent Supermicro board for $200-250. Check eBay and use the Sold Items feature, use a price filter, check them out. Plenty of excellent boards in tested working condition. eBay has good buyer protection nowadays.

>I doubt even with 16 cores it would be significantly faster in rendering or similar tasks, though I admit, it would be faster. Just not by a lot.
>8/12 vs 16/32 similar architecture
> it would be faster. Just not by a lot.
dumbest shit I've read on Sup Forums in a long time, and that's ignoring the feature differences between the chips

When talking about 2.6Ghz vs 4.4GHz?

Yeah it would be faster, but not by a lot.

What in the name of God are you babbling about?
Please tell me how can you assert this with my Original Post .

You just went out of your to not only insult me but also spout inanities out of thin air.

With the way you write I guess you are also the author of this post .

I said I might have sold my 5930K had AMD released a promising CPU ( ) and you go out of your way to post and Now as for I bought my 5930K during a flash sale €330. It proved to be useful when I had my R9 Fury crossfire and Intel 750 SSD.
As far as I know Ryzen and x370 have 32 PCIe lanes and since I don't have that crossfire setup anymore I would still be fine with a Ryzen CPU, bandwidth wise.

tl;dr Fuck you both.

>only play games on my pc for the most part
>ryzen 1700x looked p.good
>wanted to wait for results
>turn on hardware unboxed review
>watch barely 4 mins in and see that my 4690k has better single core perf than both the 1700x AND 1800x

fucking dropped

I want to cuddle and kiss that cutie pie so bad. :(

shutterstock.com/search?models=230908

You're underestimating the significance of more physical cores and ovestimating the significance of clockspeed here, especially given that they are similar architectures. It'll be a lot. Even if performance scaled so well with clockspeed that the performance result scaled to extra cores/threads, we're talking 50% more performance out of the 2x xeons at half the price.
>inb4 goalposts move and this becomes a debate about muh video games or something

and you're completely ignoring the importance of single core performance.

Hey, you're like AMD :D

>the discussion can only go into this particular direction I want because it fits my narrative

>and you're completely ignoring the importance of single core performance.
Please explain how for the purposes of virtualization, encoding, compression, ... the extra single threaded performance will provide a meaningful difference? It'll be imperceptible at most. I think you have no argument here because I already called you out on your video game bullshit. :D

NO you didn't you just know now is the perfect time to make a thread and it'll get responses because your threads in the past suck.

>my narrative
more like the use case for 32 threads?
confirmed triggered and retarded

enjoy your video games

Why would you sell a golden chip?

Its my primary computer, I would fully be behind you if it was a work computer only being used for work. But on a personal computer I plan to keep for 4+ years?

Come on, why the fuck would you gimp yourself with old xeons with terrible single core?

Single core performance is always going to be important, unless we see a massive shift in programming paradigm at some point.

wtf is a golden chip, that makes you sound like a golden cuck.

Is it cherry picked? Just overclocked higher at lower voltages right?

>Single core performance is always going to be important

For video games, which you're desperately trying to pretend that you don't care about. For productivity applications it's a distant secondary concern. Just admit you want to play the latest Ubisoft open world game instead of getting defensive about it.

>terrible
You got all angry and started being vulgar for no reason but here you are pretending that there's a meaningful single-core difference for the end user between even a Pentium-branded chip from two generations ago and the most expensive chip on the market. Can you name a single thing this is actually true for? Your only answer is video games, which is why you started memeing when I said this earlier.

Are you 15 years old?

>I almost waited 9 months for Ryzen + Vega to build my computer
>I got impatient, sold my shitty laptop, built an i5 + gtx 1070 rig, and hoped AMD wouldn't make me regret it
>mfw I made the right choice

And enjoy your autism bucks.

it means that OP used his piss as thermal paste

>Just admit you want to play the latest Ubisoft open world game instead of getting defensive about it.
Lol, this

For maximum eBay resell value and actually making a profit from it since I got the CPU for fairly cheap.
I won't do it anymore though.

Wait, are you telling me that yet once again the next amd's product that all their shills here were overhyping has failed to deliver once again?!

Oh my god, I am shocked!

I

am

S H O C K E D
H
O
C
K
E
D

You sound extremely autistic. And I am not the person you've been "arguing" with.

AMD A DUD
M
D
U
D

Yeah how I dare I want a chip that can do gaming AND high performance rendering/encoding.

Face it, it's the best of both worlds and the only reason you faggots don't also have one is like your personal finances don't allow for it.

Why the fuck would you WANT a CPU that can only perform well when the programmer has accounted for 16+ cores? (which is a handful of professional apps and thats mostly it)

Yeah no thanks, i'll take 6 core 12 threads that can hit 4.5GHz+ for single core. I've got enough threads to be at least competitive with almost any xeon on the market, and the clock speed is high enough to match stock 7700k single core performance.

Also, the idea that ONLY gaming uses single threaded performance is laughable.

>You sound extremely autistic. And I am not the person you've been "arguing" with.
That person is also someone else, although I suspect you're lying

nope, this is me not this

>Yeah how I dare I want a chip that can do gaming AND high performance rendering/encoding.
lol, thought so.

I'm not a man-child and therefore I'm happier with 50% more performance with all else equal for less than half of the price in total. Enjoy your video games.

>how I dare I want a chip that can do gaming

You quite literally claimed that wasn't what you wanted, but have now backpeddled because it suits your argument.

Well, that's someone else, but there's nothing wrong with what he's saying.
>the autistic meme
Present an argument pls

can't wait for Ryzen 5 1500

>You quite literally claimed that wasn't what you wanted, but have now backpeddled because it suits your argument.
that's all these dumb kids ever do

enjoy ur animey

>50% more performance with all else equal for less than half of the price in total
you're dreaming kid.

$80*2 is $160+$200-250= ~$400

I spent $280 on my 5820k and got a motherboard for $150. That's what $50 more?

Not to mention, it's not 50% more performance, it's maybe 30-40% in the BEST case scenario.

And in anything that doesn't fully utilize all of your cores (and by the way, not all professional applications play nice with dual CPUs) will perform better on mine simply because of my much better single core performance.

>you're lying

The new pentium g4560

>I spent $280 on my 5820k and got a motherboard for $150. That's what $50 more?
So this is one giant bout of post-purchase rationalization. Got it. And where'd you get the 5820k for $280? Are you sure you're not embellishing at all? :^) The current going price is about $350.

I just checked for you; 2x E5-2670, a SuperMicro X9DRD-EF, 128GB ECC DDR3 will run you $500 shipped, and that is *today*. But of course you're not interested in this because you're a manchild, and you already made the purchase, so why concede?

Enjoy your video games.

>And where'd you get the 5820k for $280?
Microcenter, you're the one calling out fucking ebay prices and i'm not allowed to use a brick and mortar store KNOWN for it's CPU/motherboard bundles?

The 5820k has regularly been $280-320 at microcenter. With an extra $20-50 off a motherboard (depending on sale)

I got a 5820k, and a $200 motherboard for under $500, even after taxes.

keep pretending you xeons are better, we've had this same argument half a dozen times over the past year anyway.

You did good. I still remember a few occasions in the last months when the AMD cultists from this board were shitting on me because I told some fags to buy an i5 right then and there and be done with it, then they started saying how ryzen would be a miracle and all that load of fucking BULLSHIT that amd and their shills ALWAYS say. I bet those guys are really happy now because despite all the amd shilling, they took my advice and went through with their builds.

Anyone waiting for AMD anything is a fucking retard. This company hasn't produced a single worthy product since the bulldozer. It's been a stellar streak of massive failures since 2011. 6 fucking years already and people STILL haven't gotten the message already. I thought it would finally be over with the "Overclocker's dream", which turned out to be flat out lie or when the RX 480 was being hyped up to compete with the goddamn 1070, but hey, le ebin underdog meme from amd shill protects them from any blame whatsoever and remember folks, amd dindu nuffin, it's all intel/nvidia's fault and don't forget to wait another decade for a vague promise.

>I got a 5820k, and a $200 motherboard for under $500, even after taxes.
And how much RAM? lol. You said yourself that you paid $430, presumably plus tax. For $70 more you can get what I outlined above—two processors that objectively outperform your single processor for everything but video games—as well as 128GB RAM.

What do you do for a living? Do you even use this thing as an actual workstation?

>keep pretending you xeons are better, we've had this same argument half a dozen times over the past year anyway.
So are we adding schizophrenia to the deck?

Don't bother responding, the only reason to stay in this thread is to give you attention and you clearly don't deserve any. I hope you grow up a bit. If you were an adult we would have simply discussed hardware and talked pros/cons, especially given how similar our setups are, but instead you're defensive and oppositional because for whatever reason you just need to rationalize your slightly inferior purchase and you don't want to admit that it's about muh video games. Have a nice life, bud.

>you're [insert demeaning comment]
>universal truths and permanent present
>multiple comments about video games

It seems like you're projecting something onto that user for some reason.

Enjoy your lack of employment, I guess?
Enjoy your lack of job, I guess?

>For $70 more you can get what I outlined above—two processors that objectively outperform your single processor for everything but video games
Lol you're actually retarded if you believe this.

Have fun kid

Jesus christ this thread went full autistico

>my cpu is better because i overclocked it which is totally what adults do anyway right, i mean it has 6 cores that's obviously better than 16 cores because muh overclock

youtube.com/watch?v=UXJkUTMCvm0
youtube.com/watch?v=hJtMEg93LN8

>you're projecting by referencing something which the other party is concerned with
>it's projecting
>that's why I made up these things about employment for no apparent reason

>you're projecting by referencing something which the other party is concerned with

Fallacy.

Are you ACTUALLY retarded?

I fucking told you my 5820k would be ~30-40% worse in the best case scenario and WOULD YOU FUCKING LOOK AT THAT.

In Cinebench (IE the best case scenario since it's not a real world situation) the 5820k gets ~1300

The dual 2670 gets 2000

WHAT DO YOU KNOW, 35% less performance from my 5820k than your dual 2670.

Unless you're literally rendering ALL fucking day long 24/7 and never use your computer for anything else, it'd be retarded to get dual xeons.

If you want a rendering farm, sure go right the fuck ahead. But for my daily use computer? Come the fuck on. Just because YOU use it for daily use, doesn't make it a GOOD choice.

?

It's interesting how you choose to round these numbers out and flat-out lie. This is a 50% difference, by the way. Either you're too stupid for basic math or you're simply lying and misrepresenting the facts to suit your agenda—I suspect that it's both. Maybe if you stopped spamming in caps lock and spent some time researching your purchase you wouldn't have ended up spending more on a shitty 6-core and some low amount of RAM than you could have spent on two proper 8/16 chips and 128GB, you silly manchild.

>all of this nonsense I already addressed above

And let's not forget:
> My 5820k sits comfortably at 4.4GHz, a full 1.1GHz over it's stock clock speed
CPU in the video: 4.7 GHz
So I guess the disparity between the two setups is actually even worse than 50% because your clock speed is lower than that of the example chip... ouch, that's got to sting...

Enjoy you video games. :^)

It's a 35% decrease, or a 50% increase. Learn to percentage you fucking retard.

>CPU in the video: 4.7 GHz
>So I guess the disparity between the two setups is actually even worse than 50% because your clock speed is lower than that of the example chip... ouch, that's got to sting...
Just because i dont run mine at 4.7GHz doesn't mean it cant you literal faggot moron.

>other professional usage features that are useless for gayming.
fuck off Sup Forums, not everyone here is a gamer idiot like you

You kept mention post purchase rationalization earlier, but it REALLY seems like you have to defend your dual xeon setup.

2xcost no faster

ayyo what percentage of 1300 is 700? bout fiddy tree :^) in other words muh setup gets fiddy tree puh cent mo performance
u got da cookie i got 1.5 cookies dawg, word. 2 bad u paid mo fo yo cookie LOL

>Just because i dont run mine at 4.7GHz doesn't mean it cant you literal faggot moron.
wew boi he's gettin desperate now

kek

>there's retards on Sup Forums who can't calculate energy cost into a product's base cost when comparing CPU's

Ayyyyyy, so many illiterate retards.

>calls him out for not running at 4.7GHz
>he proves he can easily run at 4.7GHz
>he's gettin desperate now

Wew, this argument is obviously not going anywhere, you're defending your shitty single core performance like your life depends on it, probably because you wasted mommies money on a dual socket meme because it makes you wet to think about it, despite the fact i can pretty much guarantee, you don't actually put that setup to work.

Have fun bud, i'm off to eat lunch

>I enjoy engaging in homosexual intercourse
>...I think you might be a homosexual
>Stop projecting!

There's too many retards in this thread.
I am thus forced to post this image.

>"he"
top kek

Why don't you then? Hm... ;)
> you're defending your shitty single core performance like your life depends on it,
This boils down to: muh video games

You're defending your shitty overall performance like your life depends on it. I'm sorry you spent more for objectively worse hardware and have a shitty computer.

>h-hey I can overclock to 4.7 just fine! I only run at 4.2 b-because I feel like it! It's n-not unstable or a-anything...!

>there's idiots on Sup Forums who actually bought into the i7 meme
It's true what they say. Sup Forums has turned into Sup Forums.

>shitty overall performance
Yeah it beats out literally every single 1155 CPU and every single AM3+ CPU in mutli core AND will at least come within ~10% in single core (against an OC'd 6700k).

How is that
?

It's one of the most powerful overall performance single CPUs you can buy that is under $500. Period, fact. No matter how you spin it, it will never have

Even compared to your dual xeon setup which NEW would have cost you what, $3700? Sure it's cheaper on ebay, but that's hardly the same shit. Not many people want to buy used CPUs on top of a used motherboard that would be next to impossible to replace in a few years if something fucks up.

Also, you keep meming that single core performance ONLY matters for gaming, which is just blatantly false. That happens to be one of the easiest examples to show because games are very prevalent in today's computing. But to pretend single core performance doesn't matter at ALL outside of gaming is just laughable.

It's not unstable, it's just 80C under load and I prefer keeping mine under 70C during full load, which I can do with 4.2-4.3GHz.

I have my 2nd BIOS setup with my 4.7GHz OC, all i have to do is turn off my computer, flip a switch, and turn it back on.

>team red for as long as I can remember
>at the edge
>we still got a change with Polaris
>falling for Poolaris benchmarks
>Maybe Zen can retake the CPU market
>falling for Ryzen benchmarks

I'm tired of this shit Sup Forumsuys

>spending his lunch writing up this wall of text
>not gonna fix his shitty computer that he overspent for
yo how much ram do you have bud?

>4.2

32GB because like I already said an hour+ ago, i'm not doing memory intensive operations that require tons of RAM 24/7 and ECC.

>different people do different things with their computers and these different things require different hardware to run most efficiently

>he does something different than I do, he's wrong for doing something I dont do.

kay.

BWAHAHHAHAHAHAA