/wt/ watch thread

This thread is about the appreciation of watches, as well as the micro-engineering and autism that are required to make a fine watch.

>Required Viewing For Newbies:
youtube.com/watch?v=iViv7gLEueQ

>Strap Guide:
pastebin.com/SwRysprE

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PqrtCG1BIkE
hodinkee.com/articles/introducing-the-new-glashutte-original-senator-chronometer-with-a-dark-blue-dial
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I didn't ask for this shit

Good, then fuck off

>REMINDER PLASTICKY CASIOS ARE THE MOST REDDIT-TIER WATCHES EVER

such a sad display

Not so fast, my shitposting friend.

Why would you own anything else?

so,i heard the vostoks are a shit... ?

i was just getting in the mood for a similar looking watch + a shark mesh

REMINDER THIS POSTER ADMITTED TO OWNING AN INVICTA AND A SQUAAAAAALEEEEEEE

Looks like they literally buy them to post for upvotes

Pretty boring

>Buying an Explorer when the Jaeger LeCoultre Geophysic 1958 exists

L M A O
M
A
O

You heard wrong. Vostoks are perfect for daily besting and invading future soviet republics

All equally shitters, the Casios, Invicta and Squale.
Your point?

where can i get decent fakes to impress dumb bitches

No the guy who posts this leddit image here everyday. He owns the Invicta

In all fairness, the Speedy is not reddit-tier, as it's loved all throughout all forums, from Reddit to PuristPro.

However, most real patricians, like the aforementioned Purists would never let themselves be cought with a piece of shit plastic Casio.

>No the guy who posts this leddit image here everyday. He owns the Invicta

Not true. I don't own a Shitvicta
And neither a Cashit. :^)

youtube.com/watch?v=PqrtCG1BIkE

as i'm coming from an ex-ussr country, what kind of stats boost would I get by equipping vostok, +5 cyka, +10 blyat ?

>le forced vintage hands

>le
kys

This guy is a fucking psycho though. And he shills Sea Gull like there's no tomorrow while shitting on Vostok like the good gook he is.

What a bunch of bullshit

Want to get a seiko diver, but the only styles I like are quartz. See pic related.

Are there any mechanical watches with similar style in around the same low price range?

>damage control
Go play outside son

sumo, samurai?

Thats to chinky desu

The real meme lords are those that put every single watch with a nato

> reading the thread of the guy that bought a speed master and didn't just get 1 but 2 defective watches.

Christ omega owners are literally not allowed to complain about Chinese QC if omega is this bad.

>Thats to chinky desu
well, the only design i actually liked

I have a shitvicta and a casio

Come at me

Those are nice, I'm looking for something with that sort of layered dial that the ska371 has though. Doesn't have to be Seiko.

thx

well at least its not a daniel wellington

>Why would you own anything else?
Perhaps we are not in the throes of a mid life crisis?

How is your Harley going?

He dropped it at an intersection, couldn't lift it up, and just left it there

Calling user at Did you make this in Inkscape? I am thinking of modding.

i have a bunch of different F-91 style casios, but after getting a GW5000 they just stay in a cardboard box in the closet

Yes, im sure the vast majority of inexpensive casio buyers are definitely memeing plebbit watch posters.

You've spent a little too much time browsing watch forums and memeing, my autistic friend. In the real world only hipsters and people who want a cheap reliable timepiece wear them.

In the other hand, only internet watch autists who would literally suck a dick for kudos and karma from their fellow WIS buy $3,500 non-hacking cam actuated chronographs.

>Implying there's a difference between Chinese QC and Swatch Group QC

I have some bad news for you...

Apparently my father went ahead and ordered a bagel homage, called Milgauss.
Did he fuck up, /wt/?

yes, unless by some miracle the bagel actually has the same magnetic field resistance as the real thing. it's the only reason anyone would ever wear the ugly little shit.

>Calling other autists for appreciating glorious MOTFM
>Not realizing how stupid you sound
kek

Are there mechanical watches that perfectly align the minute hand with the second hand by themselves?
How does it work?

Yes, the Glashütte Original Senator Chronometer, for example.
>it features a stop-seconds mechanism that resets the seconds hand when the crown is pulled out, allowing the wearer to set the time with great accuracy

hodinkee.com/articles/introducing-the-new-glashutte-original-senator-chronometer-with-a-dark-blue-dial

Though setting this watch is actually a huge pain; you can't turn the minute hand as fast as you want.

I hope he got it for $30 then

I own a Lemania 5100 Speedmaster, I have no need for the inferior non-hacking 1861. If i wanted a MOTFM, I would only consider a 321 movement version.

And it's already a well known truism amongst people into watches that the MOTFM is pretty much the official watch of WUS/Reddit watch collectors and that you almost never see them outside of internet watch forums.

Don't get me wrong, I don't even hate the MOTFM, I just regard the pricetag is ludicrous for what you are getting.

haha, true that

a girl i'm working with has a 'genuine' DW

makes me giggle everytime i see it

Stargate

> be eyeing up a watch for a few weeks
>can easily afford it but it's at a price point that is making me think harder if I actually want it or if I'm impulse buying.
>think I'll give it 2 or 3 months to enjoy watches I have and then decide
>ebay seller has only 2 left and he is £100 cheaper than anywhere else.

Deal is legit loads of wus posters have purchased from him.

Do I grab it while I can?

What's the watch with the Mig-29? I'm a fag for both slavshit watches and Fulcrums.

what the fuck is the watch?

Seiko Memepinist

>Archie already selling his PP
>also selling a bunch of complete shitters
kek

Any slavshit or Seikos?

if you found it for 100 bongbucks off thats a pretty good buy, I would say

is he? I wasn't aware. I definitely saw buyers remorse over the last few videos where he's saying how great it is though

>THE ONE WATCH I CAN KEEP FOREVER
>IT'S A KEEPER, KEEPER KEEPER KEEPER
>Would I sell it? FUCK NOOO
>what's the plan with the WORLD TIME!? Well I am enjoying it for now, we'll see

lmao.

It's a combination of being less money than seiyajspan sells for and not needing to pay import tax as it's an eu seller

the alpinist is a pretty unusual watch, don't impulse buy it based on what the internet says. it's pretty cool in a single photo, but wearing it yourself is a different thing.

Nope.
>big Breitling chrono with orange bezel
>blue 7friday
>gold women fashion watch
>Porsche design

Thoughts ?

not a fan of the pr myself, but it should be a decent watch as all orients are

What makes it weird to wear? I like it as it's the only watch with a green dial and gold hands I've seen. And it's from a watch maker I trust to be quality

>I definitely saw buyers remorse
In his first video with it, he mentions several of times that it put him in debt and keeps saying something to the effect of "if it doesn't hurt, it's not worth it"

What an idiot

Some people I know find the shape of the watch to be a bit weird for them because they have small wrists. The only real complaint i hear that has merit is that matching it with clothing can be tough and its not a watch which you can easily adapt to any situation. While it may be fine on the weekend you can't dress it up for the office

I'd wear it to the office. I think it looks pretty dressy.

The Patek meme time looks shit I'm not suprise Archie has buyers remorse. He bought it because it's a Patek it's not a nice Patek.

literally could have bought a simple gold calatrava and it would have been worth it

world time is a cheap copout complication and always looks like shit.

>What makes it weird to wear?
>green dial and gold hands
there you go.
no but it's very classically styled without being elegant. that's unusual and not to the taste of a lot of people.

Guess we work in different kind of offices

> just missed out on a vintage seiko box to match my watch

Went for £11 and I could justify paying more for a box than I did for the watch.

But if it's to my taste it should be OK?

I work somewhere 90% don't wear watches.

No one ever talks about the SARB015, which is the same watch just without the funky green dial.

The green dial and gold cathedral hands are what make the alpinist popular tho.

Looks kinda like a sinn I dig it desu

> watches with two escapement

What do these do?

I hate living and I want to see the world burn and die in wrist cancer

Ignore mongolian post background

>No one ever talks about the SARB015, which is the same watch just w̶i̶t̶h̶o̶u̶t̶ t̶h̶e̶ f̶u̶n̶k̶y̶ g̶r̶e̶e̶n̶ d̶i̶a̶l̶ fucking ugly as shit.
Fixed.

lol he had already said he had a few outstanding debts.
Fuck that guy hes a fucking idiot.

>i have a bunch of different F-91 style casios
And you are still at large!?

Do automatics still need to be serviced as often if you don't wear it that often? once a week-ish vs every day? Obviously, physical wear would not be at the same rate, but does the oil dry up at the same rate no matter what?

He's nigger rich. All flashy with everything financed and probably behind and missing payments

Exactly dude, he doesn't own that mercedes.
It's all gonna come crashing down one day.
Dude thinks hes some youtube star too when his shit gets

>I hate living and I want to see the world burn and die in wrist cancer
Kinda follows when your national epic sounds like the end of the world but is, supposedly, explaining how it came to be.
>Ignore mongolian post background
Too late.

More importantly: any other watch brands in your country other than that dude who moved to Switzerland?

Better than poorfag tier in these threads. Besides the lawyer, everyone else only owns shitters but likes to shit on anything >$2k.

you fuckers are gonna turn watches into the new fedoras

Chink rubber strap came today. I think I'll give it a spin tomorrow. Seems pretty great for the chump change it cost.

>tfw poor and want a Grand Seiko and Nomos

Watches have been more fedora than actual fedoras since forever

Anyone who has been in more than two /wt/ threads would know that there are multiple posters with individual watches worth more than $2k, and that many watchmakers much more expensive than Omega are almost universally praised in these threads.

Which means you are just telling bald faced lies on a Singaporean shadow-puppet symposium to try and look cool, which is pretty sad.

Its a Slava watch

Reminder if you buy russian watches
>chromed
>manual
>plastic crital
>probably a franken
>runs fast/slow

>fake watches being posted
>low-end Seiko (b-b-but muh SARB) and Orient crap
>Russian watches praised and recommended to no end
>shit tier Chinese brands

Then there's the Alpinist autismos.

You just described vintage watches, which soviet watches ARE, stupid.

i think some dual balance fp journe does this

Why is manual bad lol

What's wrong with alpinist ?

>Pretending this is your first /wt/
>Pretending someone didn't post their Rolex Explorer II last thread
>Pretending not to notice the Lemania 5100 Speedmaster worth ~$3,000-$4,000 posted literally in this thread already.

(You)

>low-end Seiko (b-b-but muh SARB) and Orient crap
What's wrong with good entry level automatics? 99.9% of people could absolutely not tell you the difference between one of them and a >$3k swiss