How AMD Tricked Everyone by Rigging Ryzen Benchmarks

youtube.com/watch?v=j7UBHjtCXhU&feature=youtu.be&t=1264

Seriously fuck AMD

Other urls found in this thread:

gamersnexus.net/hwreviews/2822-amd-ryzen-r7-1800x-review-premiere-blender-fps-benchmarks
youtube.com/watch?v=9wJQEHNYE7M
dsogaming.com/news/amd-ryzen-7-1800x-third-party-benchmarks-revealed-unable-to-beat-intels-i7-7700k-or-i7-6900k/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

"At this point, you might be left feeling disillusioned when considering AMD’s tech demos. Keep in mind that most of the charts leaked and created by AMD revolved around Cinebench, which is not a gaming workload. When there were gaming workloads, AMD inflated their numbers by doing a few things:

In the Sniper Elite demo, AMD frequently looked at the skybox when reloading, and often kept more of the skybox in the frustum than on the side-by-side Intel processor. A skybox has no geometry, which is what loads a CPU with draw calls, and so it’ll inflate the framerate by nature of testing with chaotically conducted methodology. As for the Battlefield 1 benchmarks, AMD also conducted using chaotic methods wherein the AMD CPU would zoom / look at different intervals than the Intel CPU, making it effectively impossible to compare the two head-to-head.

And, most importantly, all of these demos were run at 4K resolution. That creates a GPU bottleneck, meaning we are no longer observing true CPU performance. The analog would be to benchmark all GPUs at 720p, then declare they are equal (by way of tester-created CPU bottlenecks). There’s an argument to be made that low-end performance doesn’t matter if you’re stuck on the GPU, but that’s a bad argument: You don’t buy a worse-performing product for more money, especially when GPU upgrades will eventually out those limitations as bottlenecks external to the CPU vanish."

"As for Blender benchmarking, AMD’s demonstrated Blender benchmarks used different settings than what we would recommend. The values were deltas, so the presentation of data is sort of OK, but we prefer a more real-world render. In its Blender testing, AMD executes renders using just 150 samples per pixel, or what we consider to be “preview” quality (GN employs a 3D animator), and AMD runs slightly unoptimized 32x32 tile sizes, rendering out at 800x800. In our benchmark, we render using 400 samples per pixel for release candidate quality, 16x16 tiles, which is much faster for CPU rendering, and a 4K resolution. This means that our benchmarks are not comparable to AMD’s, but they are comparable against all the other CPUs we’ve tested. We also believe firmly that our benchmarks are a better representation of the real world. AMD still holds a lead in price-to-performance in our Blender benchmark, even when considering Intel’s significant overclocking capabilities (which do put the 6900K ahead, but don’t change its price).

As for Cinebench, AMD ran those tests with the 6900K platform using memory in dual-channel, rather than its full quad-channel capabilities. That’s not to say that the results would drastically change, but it’s also not representative of how anyone would use an X99 platform."

6700k dropped $70 CDN and I'm grabbin'

Holy fuck

How is this allowed? Can they be sued for this?

fake thread

SAGE

How can you possibly say this is fake? Watch the video.

It's straight from Gamers Nexus' review here:

gamersnexus.net/hwreviews/2822-amd-ryzen-r7-1800x-review-premiere-blender-fps-benchmarks

66 rupees have been shat into your designated shilling account, good work today Rakshit!

The only one getting paid to shill is clearly AMD. This is the shadiest shit I have seen ever in the hardware industry.

Biggest scandal of the year? This shit is so fucked up.

Wtf I haven't seen that in the US

Well that explains a lot

13 posts / 5 IP

keep up the circle jerk and self bumping fag lord.

someone needs to sue AMD for this.

HAHAHAHA

>If Intel does this they are the ultimate jews

AMD DOES IT

>hurr durr fuck off intel shill

HAHAHAHA

This board holy fuck

Jesus fuck the CPU and GPU market are fucking retarded o haven't see so many consistent fuck ups since P4 and house fire days

This. Can't they seriously face litigation for doing this?

Amd to Sup Forums is what nintendo is to Sup Forums

/thread

intel got 70fps looking at the targets
amd got 76fps looking at the targets and 80 looking at the sky
also fuck off to with your gaymer youtube drama

How does that excuse what they did?

I want Sup Forums kiddies to get the fuck

This has nothing to do with Sup Forums

I love the
>amd is a nice company! They don't do the same bullshit Intel and Nvidia do!

meme.
It's like a fucking newfag detector.

I like how he put overclock 6900k on bench that amd win.

I really want amd to succeed but they keep ruining things.

What specific quantifiable claim did they make that was false?

See They literally tricked people into believing the performance was better than it was

OY VEY!

B-BUT YOU ARE VIOLATING MY SAFE SPACE ECHO CHAMBER
ANY OPINION THAT I DO NOT AGREE WITH BELONGS ON Sup Forums BECAUSE Sup Forums IS INFERIOR
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE GET OUUUUUUUUUUUUTTT

jesus christ

>b-but AMD good
>b-but Intel bad
LOL, get rekt amdfags.
where's your good now.

CPU is throttling under full utilization due to it reaching the temperature threshold LOL

this is like when trump won. total vindication. amd shills btfo

>every single review of Ryzen was favorable
>some faggot from gamers nexus benchmarks it in 720p cs:go
>suddenly ryzen is now shit because it cant get 500 frames in a videogame

this thread is literal shilling and you people are insane if you fall for this

You didn't even watch the OP video, you have no idea what you're talking about

samefag shill on his phone changing his IP with airplane mode, posting on clover to make it look like there's more than one guy in this thread

kill yourself

you fucking wish lol

That gamers nexus guy is a total fucking faggot. He posted the only negative review I've seen so far. Every single review for ryzen and "gayming" has been great, except for this one faggot who needs a haircut from gamers nexus.

>WE BENCHMARKED AN 8 CORE CHIP IN 720 CS GO
>IT CANT GET 500 FRAMES
>SO ITS SHIT

I'm not falling for your tricks

What are you talking about? No one is defending AMD

Really makes you think

Mad because you got exposed. I'm going to get your cell phone tower's IP rangebanned.

Forget about the review, look at what he is saying about AMD's pre-release benchmarks

Watch the fucking OP video before commenting on the thread like a moron, you aren't even talking about the same thing

post pics or it didn't happen

>warhammer neckbeard tier long hair

chaotic proc justice warrior confirmed

go away poojeet.
AMD misled their fanbase once again.

every review has been favorable except for this one faggot from gamersnexus who is literally saying the chip is garbage because it cannot reach 500 frames

in 720p

like what the fuck reality am i living in

except the gamers nexus reviewers didn't say that. sorry that you have reading comprehension problems.

Holy fuck just stop

This thread is not about whether it's a good CPU

It's about AMD rigging their benchmarks

I'm not going to buy intel for my next CPU Mr. Shill

nobody is asking you to buy intel cpu. the point being made here is that they mislead the consumer with some roundabout tricks which have lead to everyone being pissed with them after they originally claimed ryzen was some beast for gaming which beat out intel's line up. they spent a whole load of time talking about gaming and even had more gaming benches on the actual unveil. don't blame us for calling them out for their bullshit. the fact you're defending them for being misleading makes me think you're the shill here.

For fucks sake, read the fucking thread. AMD is the one shilling the fuck out of people.

>intel pays off dell to not buy AMD
this is okay to Mr. Shill
>intel sends out emails to reviewers telling them to trash AMD
>intel fucks with its compiler to make AMD perform worse
this is okay to Mr. Shill

>AMD benchmarks a videogame while looking at the sky
BIGGEST SCANDAL IN HISTORY WEE WOO WEE WOO

Your tricks do not work on me and I'm still buying AMD.

>like what the fuck reality am i living in
In reality if you weren't uderage b& you'd know why cpus are tested at low res

nice samefag pajeet really loving those 53 replies and 20 posters

what are you talking about? why are you trying to deflect away from the point at hand? nobody is talking about that stuff and that isn't the point this thread exists.

you have basically confirmed you are a shill. unlike you i'm not retarded enough to have such brand loyalty and claim "i'm buying amd". when i upgrade i will buy whichever is better for what i want to do.

Jesus christ

You're literally making bullshit up. AMD didn't lie about any of their benchmarks, in fact, every single review that came out confirms them.

All of them, except for this one autist from gamersnexus. Who should I believe? Every single review or one autist who is sponsored by intel and paid to say bad things about AMD

good job samefag you learned to use inspect element

go damage control elsewhere intel fanboy

Wrong, nearly all the reviews get the same results.

The only difference with Gamers Nexus is that they expose the way AMD manipulated their pre-release benchmarks to make them look better than they really were.

>Wrong, nearly all the reviews get the same results.

Wrong again intel shill, nearly all of them are favorable to AMD. Gamersnexus is the only review deliberately making mountains out of molehills.

go shill your youtube channel elsewhere autist

Wrong, look at Gamers Nexus' numbers, they correlate with all the other reviews I have seen.

>tfw you had extremely high hopes for Ryzen
>just tuned into Arteezy's (Dota 2 pro who is sponsored by AMD) stream which is advertised to be showing off Ryzen
>only 80-100 fps on average on Dota 2, with dips into ~30FPS territories

These Intel shills might be right afterall.

who said amd lied? did i say that? if so show me.

i clearly said amd "mislead" the consumer. you were the one with the blatant lies when you said "every review has been favorable except for this one faggot from gamersnexus who is literally saying the chip is garbage because it cannot reach 500 frames"

i have had a look through the gamers nexus benchmark and no where does he test a game at 720p. all his benchmarks are 1080p. no where does he say that it's bad either because it can't reach 500 frames. in fact he calls the cpu good for production uses but as with literally every other ryzen review, he states clearly that it lacks when it comes to gaming scenarios.

grow up.

Go away gamersnexus and go shill your shitty youtube channel elsewhere

This has nothing to do with Gamers Nexus, just look at the evidence

dsogaming.com/news/amd-ryzen-7-1800x-third-party-benchmarks-revealed-unable-to-beat-intels-i7-7700k-or-i7-6900k/

more gaming tests which correlate with what gamersnexus said. are these all intel shills now too?

samefag working overtime and is so mad he has to reply to me twice

>b-but muh GAMERS NEXUS

muh gaymers nexus guys

ryzen is literally DOA because it can't get 500 frames in csgo at 720p

don't forget to like and subscribe to my youtube channel at gamersnexus.com

>4k

are you trolling or really this retarded?

>4K Very High

is this a joke?

Tell me samefag gamersnexus shill, is 720p a

lol you forgot to crop out the res in the first one

and 720p is a better benchmark?

You realize you are proving exactly what the OP is talking about

AMD telling people to benchmark in 4k because it creates a GPU bottleneck

Here's a benchmark without the GPU bottleneck so it actually tests the CPU. Notice the difference?

This is exactly why what AMD did is so fucked up.

>why amdrones are universally despised
Really makes you think.

i think it's just a troll desu.

kek, this AMD shill is so retarded

GUYS

MUH 720P

BELIEVE ME RYZEN IS DOA BECAUSE MUH 720P BENCHMARKS

B-BUY INTEL

lol Intel shills working overtime trying to prove AMD is bad for gaming because of cherry picked benchmarks

>all these Intel fanboys ITT
Wee lad they are doing damage control

They're still grasping at straws about 480p benchmarks

The only one cherry picking benchmarks is AMD

>4K benchmarks don't count

>but these 120p minesweeper ones do

Intel shills are retarded

Go ahead and try to find anyone who mentioned a 480p benchmark, I'll be waiting

Intel shills are out in full force today I see

KEK. Intel fanboys are getting desperate ITT

"It's okay if AMD does it!"

- AMDrones

These dumb fuck AMDtards just love getting scammed

AYYYYMDPOOJEETS are really showing their incompetence further proving that amd sells to complete retards.

>AMD winning in 4K gaming
>Intel shills will try to downplay this with gamersnexus 720p benchmarks

Holy shit are Intel fanboys poorfags? It all makes sense now, they can't even afford 1080p

The intel shills are just trolls. Still mad about losing in every 4k benchmark lmfao

Watch them post their poorfag 720p benchmarks

I don't care about anything lower than 4k. 1080 Ti and 1800X here we go.

go away gamersnexus shills

you already got BTFO by linus

From this graph, I can surmise the best CPU to get is the FX 8350.

Even though it's shit in every other metric, it does well in 4K!

>Intel shills can't afford 4K

Really makes you think

>FX-8350

So I don't need to upgrade!
Thank you kind sir

>intlel fans are the poorfags now

AHAHAHAHHA

*breathe in*

AHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHA