Just a reminder that

Ryzen is geared towards productively and will only age like wine in gaming. Why? Because as time goes on games will be able to utilize more cores through better coding and it will allow for better performance.

Agreed, productivity software is generally much better written than anything else, and most vidya are notoriously badly written and game engines are written by the lowest bidder so the games simply work and no better. Intel was so dominant for many years that the vidya code monkeys have adopted some intel specific ISA optimizations into their code.

People said the same about Bulldozer and now look what happened.

before reviews

>Intel is finished, Ryzen wins at gaming, blablabla hadadada

after reviews

>b-but it will become better over time, I swear! Also the CPUs were never meant for gaming, I swear!

Pathetic

So what you're telling me is, is that I should wait?

>as time goes on games will be able to utilize more cores through better coding and it will allow for better performance
I seem to remember people saying this 11 years ago.

>post purchase rationalization
Can't cancel your pre-order huh ?

I want to see emulation benches. Especially PCSX2 software render. You have access to 16 threads now.

Who gives a shit about gaming? I get real work done in the real world.

I'm using 7zip all day long as I crunch numbers and big data. I need a processor that can shave seconds off each computation. Those seconds at up to Big Bucks.

So fuck your NEET bucks and load up 7zip on Raisin and get more done more faster.

Always wait.

I thought 7zip was 2core at best. How is amd doing better than intel?

>Ryzen is geared towards productively

Uhh it gets beat in Photoshop by an Intel processor that costs $160 less

Legit

I'm going to put Rysin in my dedicated 7-Zip extraction machine, it's going to be a beast

Uh oh

until software gets updated to use multithreads

Uh Oh, it works exactly it's direct competition

It's almost twice as slow as a processor that costs less

like every AMD processor, literally. Their old laptop top CPU got owned by a mobile i3

My professional institution uses specialty custom designed enterprise 7zip software applications since our work is so heavy geared towards heavy compression and heavily multi-threading.

Like I said time is money, we're not waiting for our SSD checks here. We are making the world a better place through our important time-sensitive work.

Excellent. Leveraing the power of Raisin is sure to result in a massive paradigm shift in your work loads. These datacenter ready multicorn monsters are unlike anything I've ever experienced at this price partitions.

Thank you based AMD. My bank account swells and throbs through your blessings.

The 6590X is a piece of shit then.

Just a reminder that in most scenarios, money is better spent on a GPU for acceleration instead of a CPU. Why spend $500 when I can buy a cheaper Intel CPU to game with, and put the money to a graphics card with parallelism for rendering?

OpenCL is the great equalizer when it comes to CPU benchmarking.

>better coding
cd kode
cd kode
cd kode

I wonder if people have ever tried to code something in low level OpenGL or Direct3D. Those subsystems do most of the parallelism on the GPU level, don't work well with multithreading on the CPU level/they often work even faster if a single thread is feeding them instructions, and in many cases you can make it much worse by multithreading them. In many game genres it's simply bad design to not go largely single threaded when all you do is feed extremely simple stuff to an extremely paralleled GPU pipeline.
People should shake their heads when others suggest that games can become a lot more multithreaded on the CPU level since in most cases the most you can subthread is something like a sound engine that won't be more than 2% of your load.
PS. Some benchmark reviewers are so clueless that they bottleneck their GPUs and then pretend that they do a CPU test. The entire point is to test the CPU bottlenecks when you test CPUs. If you don't, you practically do motherboard testing

DX12 and Vulkan didn't exist 11 years ago. Now they fucking do. Hell, AMD is even teaming up with Bethesda to make multi-threaded games more of a thing. Multi-threading really is the future now.

Even Intel fucking knows that gaming is trending towards multi-threading and plans to make 4c/4t the new i3 in the next year or two.

Example: G4560. A fucking pentium with 2 cores and 4 threads.

reminder that Ryzen performs exactly on par with Intel for older (non-optimshilled) games

>Hey Bethesda let's alienate the majority of the pc gamer market by making something that only runs well on 8c/16t